Is God human?

No you have to have faith in God. Have you got a gun against your head?
I was joking.
I dont say I have faith but rather that I have a confidence in things and that confidence is apportioned upon the evidence that I can gather ... what else can I do?
Alex

Genesis:

26 Then God said, o“Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

male and female he created them.

s“Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

So based on Monotheism, this is case closed, isn't it?

Obviously God isn’t a human, and I don’t quite get the gist of your post. Is it meant to clarified fly God being a human? Or what?

Jan.

Obviously God isn’t a human, and I don’t quite get the gist of your post. Is it meant to clarified fly God being a human? Or what?
The OP references the song "What If God Was One of Us (Just a stranger on a bus)". So yes, he's asking if God is a human among us.

It's not "obvious" that God isn't a human, since - as you yourself have pointed out - his nature is pretty hard to pin down. It's as valid a notion as any other.

Or to put it another way, what class of person has a vested interest in ascribing mediocrity to God?
Those who would subjectively characterize God as summum bonum. What you perceive as the ultimate good may be considered mediocrity by God.

Those who would subjectively characterize God as summum bonum. What you perceive as the ultimate good may be considered mediocrity by God.

That just means there is a more accurate manner to characterize the term.

Back