Is God A State Of Mind?

Doubt that it's chance.

The premonitions I have are specific. Most recently was a vision about one of my sisters arriving home to find her house robbed. She lives halfway across the country and I saw it a couple of days before it happened.

Does anyone else know how the mind can connect to such remote, future events?

did you ever have premonitions that didn't come true?

or did you just forget about those and selectively remembered the ones that come true???

are there lots of burglaries in your sisters neighbourhood?

spurios,

Some vivid dreams I've had while sleeping - that I thought were premonitions - did not all come to pass.

The visions that I've had while awake have all come to pass. They've all been bad news. Death, car accidents, heart attacks, etc. They are in color, have lighting which reflects the time of day that the event happens and are accompanied by the feelings of the people directly involved.

I have no idea how many burglaries are in my sister's neighborhood. She's pretty sharp so I can't imagine that she'd purchase a new home in a high crime area.

Did u ever notice that u remember those "premonitions" only after that "event" happened..! As if u have already encountered that situation earlier...! Psycologists can give scientific explanations to this illusion of brain/mind.

everneo,

The waking visions don't happen very often. The last one I had before the robbery was a few years ago - but I recognize them by their power. A long time ago, someone asked me a similar question. To rule out the deja vu (sp?) possibility, without interfering in the course of events, I tell someone about what I've seen before it happens.

everneo,

Because I've seen some remote events in near real-time - let me modify the last part of my response to - I tell someone about what I've seen before being notified that it happened.

Does anyone know the physical mechanism involved? How does a person receive such information?

Hm. One of the most common misconceptions is that meditation is supposed to be "zoning out". That's bullshit. Meditation is rather a very active state of mind requiring concentration. It is active, NOT passive. And you must be more than just focused on something. You must not only focus on your god/des. You must feel yourself be absorbed into and become one with your god/des, and realize that everyone is also a part of your god/des. You see the divine image in everyone. Therefore you become radiant, humble, etc etc and all that good stuff.

At least that's the extent of the Hinduism I've managed to glean. And to me, it seems to make a heck of a lot more sense than most. For one thing, they try to make efforts to keep "join our religion or be damned to hell" stuff from their holy books. They don't call you a whore if you don't worship their god/des(s/ses). That thing alone charmed me about it.

But am still atheist and searching.

Back