is christianity perverse?

is christianity perverse?

• Total voters
hi water thank you for your contribution.
i agree it is not good to generalize, but in this case i want to get a general idea of peoples views of the religion of christianity not of christians. it would have been difficult to get an opinion of christians as individuals, so a general consensus as to the fundamentals of the religion is more suitable and the poll is only slightly biased toward my own cynical opinion of christianity.

i know that christians, on the whole, are good, i have good friends who are christians. the problem is, as i said, the religion in 'general' does hold and promote some unhealthy attitudes towards ourselves to each other and even to the god they revere.

when you say 'so many people are only interested in revenge and venting' this is the exactly what i'm talking about as a fundamental tenet a subversive christianity. a god of revenge, vengeance and wrath that must control by strength and power the weak and iniquitous. the preacher who proclaims us sinners and asks our forgiveness of the lord. the lord that only the pure and pious may supplicate.

anyway i need to go get a bath i'm starting to feel dirty thinking about my evil ways.

Christianities love is infinite, but, the is some fucked up shit going on in this world, and turning to book aint going to nothing for the real reasons we are having troubles like, global warming.

...and to tell someone that has their own rights to breathe any walk of religion they wish to follow that they are wrongful and thoughtless is the defined negativity I can see in christianity without every having to be a christian myslef.

There is a profound line between our physical reality and our spiritual realties, and we just cannot keep everything to the basis of religion, there is alot more to it !

Gambit Star said:
Christianities love is infinite,

that is questionable, i think we are taught it is gods punishment in hell that is infinite.

Gambit Star said:
...and to tell someone that has their own rights to breathe any walk of religion they wish to follow that they are wrongful and thoughtless is the defined negativity I can see in christianity without every having to be a christian myslef.

it is not just choosing a religion that people are condemned for. people are condemned by the church for all kinds of decisions they make about their own lifes, often decisions that effect few people other than the themselves.

Gambit Star said:
There is a profound line between our physical reality and our spiritual realties, and we just cannot keep everything to the basis of religion, there is alot more to it !

i agree, but we all must work in the arena we are suited to. there are spiritual realities, as you say and there is a wealth of spiritual knowledge, it is not good that that knowledge be concealed or subverted and used for a the centralization of power. knowledge in the hands of a few is a weapon of control, knowldege in the hands of many is a way forward.

Jesus called the money changing in the temples perverse, but on the other hand even i am a hypocrite at times. i try not to be, but it happens and I am sorry when it does.You will find perversion in almost anything. The overall idea is what I believe in, then I must discern the true from the perverse. Help at doing this is always welcomed, but I am strong in my faith.

it's not fun to be a hypocrite

EarthlyVagabond: Jesus called the money changing in the temples perverse, but on the other hand even i am a hypocrite at times. i try not to be, but it happens and I am sorry when it does.You will find perversion in almost anything. The overall idea is what I believe in, then I must discern the true from the perverse. Help at doing this is always welcomed, but I am strong in my faith.

M*W: Better a hypocrite than a pervert!

Medicine Woman said:
EarthlyVagabond: Jesus called the money changing in the temples perverse, but on the other hand even i am a hypocrite at times. i try not to be, but it happens and I am sorry when it does.You will find perversion in almost anything. The overall idea is what I believe in, then I must discern the true from the perverse. Help at doing this is always welcomed, but I am strong in my faith.

M*W: Better a hypocrite than a pervert!

That's true but sometimes perversions can make you a hypocrite. I'd prefer to be neither. If i can be. :bugeye:

Back