Interpretation of a dream

I understand your concern, but I didn't advise interfering with the sleep patterns themselves. Sleeping is not an opportunity we create while asleep, so I don't think what we do when we have the opportunity will make much of a difference. If someone tries to induce "unnatural" sleep patterns, I would agree with you that it's probably detrimental to your health.

Fortunately, there are so many preconceived interpretations of dreams, that there exists a choice of which interpretation to choose. I take it that one chooses the intepretation that seems most valid at a given point.

One can interpret a dream in as many different ways as one can interpret a religion. The bottom line is that both are merely fantasies.

However, given the preference, it would make more sense to indulge your fantasies while you sleep as opposed to when you're awake.

Quantum, I think your point is quite valid. I do want to point out however that there is much more to lucid dreaming than simply entertainment value. It is one of the only times when you concious mind can actually access your subconscious mind. You can direct the interplay between the two to attempt reconciliation of problem areas in your life. I'm still uneasy with the idea of controlling a process that we don't fully understand all of the functions of, but when I achieve lucidity in dreams, I most often do not use it purely for amusement. I would call it more of an investigative process. I will admit that the amusement type dreams are extraordinary though.

Back