Intelligent plants

Bebelina

kospla.com
Valued Senior Member
I think an inner imagery ability could be neccessary anyway, and that can be compare to having eyes, allthough the physical attributes are not necessary, sensing the environment and creating some kind of inner vision could be enough, unless the creature lives in a completely safe environment where an only dreamlike inne imagery is active, but there could be intelligent life somewhere existing completely without images, but it's not very common.

Plants seem to be quite intelligently constructed though, I wonder what kind of consciousness they have, it must be very abstract.

The plantmind:

" We the spores, we rule the galaxies, you humans have nothing on us, we will always win because we are closer to the atom, you are the lowest of the low, fleshlings depend on us completely."

With tiny little flowervoices.

Plants seem to be quite intelligently constructed though, I wonder what kind of consciousness they have, it must be very abstract.
Plants are very aware of their environments. They must have various senses to respond in various ways to light and dark, gases, nutrients, and tactile contact. Can that be called consciousness or even abstract intelligence?

Plants aren't intelligent...but they sure can remove intelligence....this last batch of "Afganistan Cush" made me stupid as shit. :) :m:

* * * * NOTE FROM A MODERATOR * * * *
Moderators have nothing analogous to a brain or a nervous system. They cannot transmit signals from one part of their body to another at the speed of light the way or nerves can. All they can do is secrete hormones into their sap and wait for it to flow to the other organs. It can take this signal several days to travel the length of a tree trunk. Even the moderators that have been alive for four thousand years haven't had enough "thoughts" to be called intelligent. Sure some moderators are smaller, but they don't live as long so it comes out the same.

:rolleyes:

:Humor: The moderators must have never seen how plants resond to loving care :/humor:

We are talking about some kind of abstract intelligence. Maybe the moderators are saying that the only recognized form of intelligence rests with animals but aren't researchers following the scientific method by investigating plant neurbiology.

From the International Laboratory of Plant Neurobiology:

"If you define intelligence as the capacity to solve problems, plants have a lot to teach us,"

The study of plants and abstract intelligence is a pseudoscientific field without doubt, but if you have every worked closely with plants you know that their dna affords them with subtle abilities based on chemistry and environment. Those are the same requirements necesary for the generation of all life, and who would say the intelligence didn't evolve from unintelligent life.

Last edited:
Plants seem rather intelligent to me. Just in slow motion. I see their choices are generally very effective and wise.

yes.
Do they eat carnivorous plants or do they find them to be abhorrent?

I like the vegetarians that say their reasoning is because animals are "living" but plants aren't. I think they had different science lessons to me.

Fraggle Rocker said:
* * * * NOTE FROM A MODERATOR * * * *
Moderators have nothing analogous to a brain or a nervous system. They cannot transmit signals from one part of their body to another at the speed of light the way or nerves can. All they can do is secrete hormones into their sap and wait for it to flow to the other organs. It can take this signal several days to travel the length of a tree trunk. Even the moderators that have been alive for four thousand years haven't had enough "thoughts" to be called intelligent. Sure some moderators are smaller, but they don't live as long so it comes out the same.

i knew it!
thanks frag

yes.
Do they eat carnivorous plants or do they find them to be abhorrent?

agreed.. all life starts out early in evolution to be "wired" for survival thats why trees grow up.. sprout leaves for the sunlight and roots grow down to get water and minerals picked up from the earth and water

Back