Intellectual humility

(Einstein's Luck, by science historian John Waller)

Ok, then you suppose all scientists are doing fraud accordingly to the examples you found in this book ????
Are you racist ? :p

Whats amusing with these examples is that finaly the scientist were right.
You are not telling us relativity or genetic is wrong, do you ?

Ok, then you suppose all scientists are doing fraud accordingly to the examples you found in this book ????
Are you racist ? :p

Whats amusing with these examples is that finaly the scientist were right.
You are not telling us relativity or genetic is wrong, do you ?
What I know is that fraud is fraud and the validation of Relativity in 1919 is void by principle. You must need a different evidence to validate that theory. The displacement of the image of a star by the assumed influence of the Sun's gravity validated the competitor when Relativity is taken out of the competence because favoritism by the judge of the game. Rules are rules.

The example given doesn't reflect what is going on with all predictions and results, but surely is not uncommon.

The example given doesn't reflect what is going on with all predictions and results, but surely is not uncommon.

Yes, this is right.
I myself have observed this misbehavior as i was a student.

We had some experiences to do, taking notes, mesuring things etc, and there were some questions coming with those tasks we had to answer.
The problem is that there was no fact that could permit to answer some of these questions...
Here we had two type of student :
1. The one who diden't care that they couldnt answer the question using scientific method.
2. The one who couldn't answer the questions, because there was no way to do so.
Believe or not, the one who answered the question (so doing fraud) got a better note than the one who dident answer...

So yes, i know science in theory is perfect, and when real people are involved (Yes science without scientists doesen't exists) it is not perfect, but we can not do generality using some standalone examples to state that all science is fraud.

Back