Insult to Polytheists

and are never given pause by the 'created in God's image' concept. Hm. Two sexes, one male God. Two sexes, one male God. Hm. Why didn't their single God create a monosexual species? A quick look around will find some species with one sex so God ought to be seen as having the capability.

The original concept of the modern Judeo-Xian god was one that had a wife: Asherah.

The Canaanites (the ancestors to the Israelites) had a pantheon of gods, at the head of which sat the husband and wife team of El and Ashera. As the monotheist cults of Canaan took over and formed Israelite society and religion, they couldn't very well have two gods. Elohim (the plural of El) then becomes the Israelite god, also known as Yahweh.

So, any example of a Hindu God?
Thousands of examples there are. Use wikipedia.
Or, since you are too fucking lazy, obviously, to do something on your own:
Vishnu, Shiva, Brahma, Indra, Pashupati, Kali, and Sati, are some of the more prominent ones often referred to in Hindu literature.

The original concept of the modern Judeo-Xian god was one that had a wife: Asherah.

The Canaanites (the ancestors to the Israelites) had a pantheon of gods, at the head of which sat the husband and wife team of El and Ashera. As the monotheist cults of Canaan took over and formed Israelite society and religion, they couldn't very well have two gods. Elohim (the plural of El) then becomes the Israelite god, also known as Yahweh.
It's funny that they left the plural in the Bible. I don't know how they explain that one.

Thousands of examples there are. Use wikipedia.
Or, since you are too fucking lazy, obviously, to do something on your own:
Vishnu, Shiva, Brahma, Indra, Pashupati, Kali, and Sati, are some of the more prominent ones often referred to in Hindu literature.

I know [almost] all the Hindu gods, I also know what they represent. :p

I know [almost] all the Hindu gods, I also know what they represent.
You've heard of symbols. You've heard of wryness. I know these things.

Who gave him his elephants head?
How did the misunderstanding arise between Ganesh and his father?
And so on.

There are many myths about it. Overall, Ganesha is representative of buddhi or intellect. He both removes obstacles to smoothen the path as well as puts obstacles to create a check. He has a broken tusk [hence Ekadanta] and the head of an animal with patience and memory and the ability to go on a rampage when roused.

You can interpret it as you like. :)

There are many myths about it. Overall, Ganesha is representative of buddhi or intellect. He both removes obstacles to smoothen the path as well as puts obstacles to create a check. He has a broken tusk [hence Ekadanta] and the head of an animal with patience and memory and the ability to go on a rampage when roused.

You can interpret it as you like. :)
Yes, there are a few different versions of his headgetting, but a number involve his dad coming home and trying to get access to Mama's chambers. Ganesh, having been told to guard the door - and not recognizing Shiva, this latter having been off on a mountain top meditating and, well, not paying perhaps enough spousal attention to his female counterpart - does not let him enter. Well, who says no to Shiva? The human-like head of his 'son' is lopped off by the almighty destroyer. At that moment Parvati rushes out and is upset in the way most mothers would be. Shiva sends his cohorts out to bring him 'the first head they find', which turns out to be an elephant's head. And thus the elephant headed deity finds his final form.

Now you know a tremendous amount about both Ganesh's and my family.

Back