Indiana's freedom to discriminate law

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iceaura said:
The pithy version runs like this: "Render unto Ceasar what is Ceasar's".

I've been pushing variations on this point for years. It doesn't seem to have any effect. The Christian anti-gay argument in the United States is pretty much faithless.

I've been pushing variations on this point for years. It doesn't seem to have any effect. The Christian anti-gay argument in the United States is pretty much faithless.

That's because religion never has anything to do with what people do. Other than being people's lousy excuses for doing, what they would've done anyway, under those circumstances.

Here's something else that's in the Bible: "Jesus said, "If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains."

"Baronelle Stutzman of Arlene’s Flowers in Richland was leveled with a lawsuit in March 2012 by State Attorney General Bob Ferguson, who claimed that she had violated the law by offering a referral rather than servicing the event herself."

http://christiannews.net/2015/04/29...n-second-fundraiser-for-christian-businesses/

Aww..poor wittle victim. I wonder what she did with that $90,000 she got in donations before her GoFundMe site was shut down? There's obviously big money to be made in being a homophobic bigot. Praize duh Lard Jeebus!

"Christians" found guilty of religious bigotry should be exiled to Israel where they belong.

"...the two women claimed they felt “mentally raped,” as part of a list of 88 symptoms of emotional distress they experienced at being refused a cake."-->"If thou hast run with the footmen, and they have wearied thee, then how canst thou contend with horses? and if in the land of peace, wherein thou trustedst, they wearied thee, then how wilt thou do in the swelling of Jordan?" [hint, hint]

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...ristian-bakers-of-mental-rape-awarded-135000/

"...the two women claimed they felt “mentally raped,” as part of a list of 88 symptoms of emotional distress they experienced at being refused a cake."-->"If thou hast run with the footmen, and they have wearied thee, then how canst thou contend with horses? and if in the land of peace, wherein thou trustedst, they wearied thee, then how wilt thou do in the swelling of Jordan?" [hint, hint]

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...ristian-bakers-of-mental-rape-awarded-135000/

In the meantime, Jesus is showering that bakery with blessings from on high:

"The campaign raised a little over $100,000 before it was taken off the site the next day.

The bakery wrote on its Facebook page, "Satan's really at work but I know our God has a plan and wins in the end!" It also said GoFundMe would give the bakery the funds already raised."===http://money.cnn.com/2015/04/27/technology/sweet-cakes-crowdfunding/

Last edited:
I know our God has a plan and wins in the end!"
Nah, his plan went haywire from the beginning, according to the bible. God created us to be as stupid as any other animal, but we tricked him and ate from the tree of knowledge. God was really pissed off because he didn't know we were going to do that.

Nah, his plan went haywire from the beginning, according to the bible. God created us to be as stupid as any other animal, but we tricked him and ate from the tree of knowledge. God was really pissed off because he didn't know we were going to do that.
How do you know His plan went haywire?

That was originally a fable about us becoming an intelligent animal. Ever since we got semismart and got the capacity to fathom our place in the universe, our lives have been shit. Which is why so many still flee understanding how the universe actually is and turn to the reassuring smokescreen religion is.

That was originally a fable about us becoming an intelligent animal. Ever since we got semismart and got the capacity to fathom our place in the universe, our lives have been shit. Which is why so many still flee understanding how the universe actually is and turn to the reassuring smokescreen religion is.
First of all I am sorry to hear you think our lives are shit. It is obvious to me that the only difference between mythology and religion is that a myth is a religion that is currently out of favor. I was simply pointing out what the bible says about this particular Gods planning ability, based on a literal interpretation of the bible.

It is obvious to me that the only difference between mythology and religion is that a myth is a religion that is currently out of favor.

Well, that would only illustrate the power of human dominance behavior and collective hysteria in our species.

Because that is what the bible states in Genesis.

Yeah, but that's a collection of reassuring fables, concocted by terrified beach apes with the survival instinct of seeing meaning in their lives, where there is none.

Stood in firelight, sweltering. Bloodstain on chest like map of violent new continent. Felt cleansed. Felt dark planet turn under my feet and knew what cats know that makes them scream like babies in night. Looked at sky through smoke heavy with human fat and God was not there. The cold, suffocating dark goes on forever and we are alone. Live our lives, lacking anything better to do. Devise reason later. Born from oblivion; bear children, hell-bound as ourselves, go into oblivion. There is nothing else. Existence is random. Has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long. No meaning save what we choose to impose. This rudderless world is not shaped by vague metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It’s us. Only us. Streets stank of fire. The void breathed hard on my heart, turning its illusions to ice, shattering them. Was reborn then, free to scrawl own design on this morally blank world. Was Rorschach. Does that answer your questions, Doctor?
- Rorschach, "The Watchmen."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back