In search of a professional...

Thoreau

Valued Senior Member
I need someone to answer my question...

I've tried google and all my online resources with no success.

What is the belief that the Earth is like a cell?

Lemme explain, Take a blood cell from your body. It is just a tiny microscopic spec yet is part of a greater being (your body). Now literally imagine the EARTH as a cell and being part of a larger body. I know its hard to understand.

This "larger" body goes beyond galaxies and universes. Does this make sense? I am not thinking supernaturally or anything, rather scientifically. And this larger body is concidered "God"

Anyways, that is what I believe. What is it called?

If you're thinking scientifically, what can you possibly mean by something that goes beyond the universe? We have a term for everything that exists in space-time, and that is universe. If you believe in the multi-verse, fine. But even the total sum of that can be considered to be a universe. Why would you call the larger body something else?

If you're thinking scientifically, what can you possibly mean by something that goes beyond the universe? We have a term for everything that exists in space-time, and that is universe. If you believe in the multi-verse, fine. But even the total sum of that can be considered to be a universe. Why would you call the larger body something else?

But we have not seen the edge of the universe. Everything has boundaries and limits. So where is the end? What is beyond that?

But what does seeing the edge of the universe have to do with it? The term universe encompasses EVERYTHING in space-time, even what we don't or can't see.

What does beyond the universe mean? Beyond matter and energy and space-time. Speaking outside of what some religions claim, what could you be referring to?

But what does seeing the edge of the universe have to do with it? The term universe encompasses EVERYTHING in space-time, even what we don't or can't see.

What does beyond the universe mean? Beyond matter and energy and space-time. Speaking outside of what some religions claim, what could you be referring to?

The physical aspects of the universe.

The universe wouldn't be "in" anything. If you find something bigger made up of particles and energy and in space-time that the universe as we know it is in, then THAT (whatever it is) is included when referring to the universe. Unlike galaxy, universe doesn't refer to a specific body. It encompasses everything.

The universe wouldn't be "in" anything. If you find something bigger made up of particles and energy and in space-time that the universe as we know it is in, then THAT (whatever it is) is included when referring to the universe. Unlike galaxy, universe doesn't refer to a specific body. It encompasses everything.

Hmmmm... But do we know that for sure? I've i've said, since we do not have the technology to go to certain distances, maybe, just maybe the universe is not all-inclusive.

But then you're using the term universe incorrectly. The universe, by definition, is everything. Even if we got the technology to find something different and new and exciting, it'd still be in the universe.

But then you're using the term universe incorrectly. The universe, by definition, is everything. Even if we got the technology to find something different and new and exciting, it'd still be in the universe.

I see. Interesting. Just goes to show that you learn something new everyday. :D

Lemme explain, Take a blood cell from your body. It is just a tiny microscopic spec yet is part of a greater being (your body). Now literally imagine the EARTH as a cell and being part of a larger body. I know its hard to understand.

This "larger" body goes beyond galaxies and universes. Does this make sense? I am not thinking supernaturally or anything, rather scientifically. And this larger body is concidered "God"

sounds like gaia

Reformed [ENC]Myuu[/ENC]nitarianism.

i saw on discovery channel theres other universes like our milky way our universe
beyond ours is another and beyond that is others
theres billions of universes its like an entity of space
they said on the tele there was an end but its like im never gonna go there its never its an entity to me

And that's exactly what a lot of people (even on sciforums) don't seem to get..
Universe = everything in existence

i saw on discovery channel theres other universes like our milky way our universe
beyond ours is another and beyond that is others
theres billions of universes its like an entity of space
they said on the tele there was an end but its like im never gonna go there its never its an entity to me

What you mean is galaxies.. not universes.

Back