immortality is closer than you think

do you think it's a good idea to give people immortality

• Total voters
It is??
So, if I'm really logical and reasonable, I'll be immortal?

That does not logically follow. If that a new invention, is the result of logic and reason, that doesn't mean that being logical and reasonable at a certain level is enough.
For instance an extreme amount of logic and reason is necessary to result in the building of a computer from scratch.
A very extreme amount of logic and reason is necessary to build an invention that will grant immortality.

Stepping into the unknown is how we got to be the dominant species on the planet.

You should watch "The Croods".

"Never *not* be afraid!"

"don't eat it, it's new!"
Incorrect. We are the dominant species because we are cautious and predict patterns. Lemmings are not afraid of the unknown and look where that got them.
There is every reason to logically fear death, even if that is an emotionless fear of pure logic, because you do not know where or what you shall end up.

This is one of the reasons I am against religion, because it teaches people that they have no need to fear the unknown, that they should simply have faith in god.

Death by boredom?

You get Alzheimer's when you step (fly) through the Pearly Gates

Every day is a new day

For e t e r n i t y

P S

Why Pearly Gates? Although I have seen reference to Golden Gates

When did they upgrade?

Are they still keeping records of sins in a Book?
How about using Apple?

Coffee time

:)

Pearly gates is an informal name for the gateway to Heaven according to some Christian denominations. It is inspired by the description of the New Jerusalem in Revelation 21:21: "The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate being made from a single pearl."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearly_gates

Go figger.

???? 12 gates??? The top 12 religions have a gate each?

OR

12 gates for rush hour after disasters?

Each gate being made of a single pearl???

So the depictions of two gates per entrance are wrong?

Gates should be shown with a single sided swing side

:)

Back