I'm now a capricorn...not an aquarius.

You know I bet even the people who don't believe in astrology very much, after reading about their sign being wrong, were at least a little disappointed that they were no longer that special sign that they had thought they were for so long.

After reading this article;

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/blog-post/2011/01/new_zodiac_sign_dates_dont_swi.html

I am convinced that western astrology follows what is called a "tropical zodiac" as opposed to a "sidereal zodiac". The tropical zodiac is primarily determined by the seasons while the sidereal zodiac is primarily determined by the backdrop of the stars. I checked and found that all of the signs conveniently switch on the solstices in an orderly manner - something I think a tropical zodiac would do.

So no need to switch and become that terrible sign that comes right before yours that you never really liked as much :)

I don't get it... Does it only apply to people born after 2009 then?

Yeah, I'm confused too. It says that I'm now a Taurus when I used to be a Gemini. I don't want to be a Taurus. I fit the Gemini personality perfectly. They should have known that changing the star signs would cause a mass hysteria! lol j/k

LOL.....Once a Scorpio, always a Scorpio, tempered slightly by being on the cusp of Sagittarius, by the tropical zodiac. By the sidereal zodiac, I would BE a Sagittarius.

Given my love of horses, this may be something else to ponder for giggles....

Interesting also that a First Nations Medicine Woman gave me a gift of Turquoise for working with her young mare. Coincidence abounds in my life.

Sagittarius (♐) is the ninth astrological sign in the Zodiac, originating from the constellation of Sagittarius. Sagittarius is considered a "masculine", positive (extrovert) sign. It is also a fire sign and one of the four mutable signs.[2] Sagittarius is ruled by the planet Jupiter. Individuals born when the sun was in this sign are considered Sagittarius individuals. Under the sidereal zodiac, the sun enters Sagittarius on December 17 to January 20. Under the tropical zodiac, it is there roughly from Sagittarius on November 22 and exits on December 21.Contents
1 Stones
2 Mythology
3 Compatibilities
4 References

[edit]
Stones

All the zodiac signs have birthstones. In the Sagittarius sign, the birthstones are the turquoise stones. These stones allow the user to see into the future, predict what will happen.
[edit]
Mythology

In Greek mythology, Sagittarius is identified as a centaur: half human, half horse. In some legends, the Centaur Chiron was the son of Philyra and Saturn, who was said to have changed himself into a horse to escape his jealous wife, Rhea. Chiron was eventually immortalized in the constellation of Centaurus or in some versions, Sagittarius[citation needed]
[edit]
Compatibilities

Generally, they are considered to be compatible with the natives of the other fire signs: Aries and Leo, and the natives of the air signs: Gemini, Libra and Aquarius. Virgo and Pisces are signs of the other nature (feminine/introverted), but are considered semi-compatible with Sagittarius due to their having the same mutable quality.

There are many variables that determine compatibility in astrology, such as birth dates, birth months, personalities, birth years, position of a sign within the Sun, the Moon, Stars, planets, etc. The signs listed as compatible with Sagittarius do not reflect an individual profile or individual reading as interpreted within astrology, but rather reflect a general guideline and reference to compatibility as dictated by variables such as Qualities and Elements within the Zodiac. The branch in astrology dealing with interpersonal compatibilities is called Synastry.

I'm not sure why but I've always kind of liked this:

"I know that astrology isn't a science," said Gail. "Of course it isn't. It's just an arbitrary set of rules like chess or tennis or—what's that strange thing you British play?"

"Er, cricket? Self-loathing?"

"Parliamentary democracy. The rules just kind of got there. They don't make any kind of sense except in terms of themselves. But when you start to exercise those rules, all sorts of processes start to happen and you start to find out all sorts of stuff about people. In astrology the rules happen to be about stars and planets, but they could be about ducks and drakes for all the difference it would make. It's just a way of thinking about a problem which lets the shape of that problem begin to emerge. The more rules, the tinier the rules, the more arbitrary they are, the better. It's like throwing a handful of fine graphite dust on a piece of paper to see where the hidden indentations are. It lets you see the words that were written on the piece of paper above it that's now been taken away and hidden. The graphite's not important. It's just the means of revealing their indentations. So you see, astrology's nothing to do with astronomy. It's just to do with people thinking about people."
—Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Ah, Douglas Adams, of the Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy fame.....

Astrology is but one of many patterns within patterns that we can observe, and it has been studied by many cultures over time. I have but dabbled in my personal research of the topic and I do not pay much mind to 'predictive astrology'.

Interestingly though, it has been an interesting tool to study human personality and psychology from.

It may very well relate to how our thought processes map and grow with such individuality.

So much that we have yet to learn about the brain, and how it works. Our ability to conceptualize is absolutely fascinating, and I wonder if any other species has such wild imaginings?

Back