I'm not sure what this ability is called?

Could you think? In words that is. There is another thread going on about whether we can think (logically) without words. I tend to believe that words (language of some kind) are integral to the process. Without them we can know, but we can't know we know.

As funny as it may sound I thought in musical terms......

Actually if one removes writing as a mathematical symbolic form of the sound your words make, yo can see that thinkingis in fact musical, and this would also explain the emotive relationship our thoughts have within our selves.

We think in sound patterns that when involving speach are very complicated sounds.

The thoughts I thought were based on sounds remembered and learned a fresh.

I remember learning to speak again by listening to the sound of peoples voices and not just the words they were using.

When we say thinking in words we are in fact thinking in sounds that have meaning ( words ) after all the voice is sound with meaning.....

The reason I know this is that I found I could only hear my self think with my Right ear. via the auditiory canal to the ear.

I couldn't hear my thoughts with my left ear, creating an auditory inbalance thus atenuating the sound and making my thoughts very loud but only heard from the right ear. The sinuses of the face and skull also play a part although I am not entirely sure of how. (especially the sinatic cavity of the far outer cheek bone.)

Beacause of this error or imbalance I was able to discern the differences and locations. In a normal state the balance rules out locations.

Sorry, QQ. Not ignoring you or your problem, I was just a bit busy yesterday. Too damn much on my plate sometimes. I promise I will get to this thread and try to tell you what I know of these things. Hopefully Gendanken will arrive as well, she knows more than I on the whole. It's a shame that there are no real neurologists on this site. They could be very helpful, couldn't they?

Back