Im Converting!!!!!!!!

Halley-Loony Brother Albatross! Welcome to the glorious ranks of the Big Blue Letters Brotherhood! Remember, Brother, the Lord also wants us to use exclamation marks! Lots of them!!!!!

Oh no.

PS. The link doesn't work, can you correct it please. I'm hoping it will enlighten us as to your new enlightenment.

In light of my recent conversion....

Just keep your goddamned fundie paws off of Tyler, you hear?

Last edited:
Large blue letters are of GOD!!!!!!

Welcome to the world of truth and light, Neutrino_Albatross! You must be wary, for "They" seek to draw the newly saved away from Jesus! Look at what Vex is struggling with! She was not wearing the ARMOR OF GOD! You must put on the ARMOR OF GOD and pray constantly!

Large blue letters are of GOD!!!!!!
It probably has something to do with the vegetable pigment found in potatoes.

Welcome to the world of truth and light, Neutrino_Albatross!
Yes indeed, it is not everyday that truth is found inside vegetables, although doctors have been recommending more vegetables for everyone for some time.

You must be wary, for "They" seek to draw the newly saved away from Jesus! Look at what Vex is struggling with! She was not wearing the ARMOR OF GOD! You must put on the ARMOR OF GOD and pray constantly!
But mainly keep an eye on your veggies, especially the taters, one never knows if any non-believers might come by and nick them. Xev probably doesn’t eat many taters so hasn’t had the vision yet. As for armor: hmm, maybe tater stealers use swords and guns so perhaps you should be careful. I dunno about Xev needing to wear armor if she doesn’t eat too many vegetables.

Cris

Chosen,

DON'T MAKE FUN OF RELIGIONS!!! Be nice!!!
Why? Religion is one big joke. Except perhaps when it comes to child abuse and bombing WTCs.

Cris

Why? Religion is one big joke. Except perhaps when it comes to child abuse and bombing WTCs.

*Xev claps*

Mmm, I love it when you talk like that, Cris!

But mainly keep an eye on your veggies, especially the taters, one never knows if any non-believers might come by and nick them.

No, we grow our own "shallow atheistic" vegetables.

I dunno about Xev needing to wear armor if she doesn’t eat too many vegetables.

I actually eat a lot of vegetables.

Fox:
She was not wearing the ARMOR OF GOD!

You're right. Leather really goes better with "demonic bondage" than whatever the "Armor of God" is.

And quit bloody obessing about what I am wearing! :p

Well, to be fair

I won't argue with it. But I will wonder how religion being a joke makes it any different from anything else. I mean, sure, a tree isn't a joke, but what of society? As we see microcosmically in the posts at Sciforums as well as in the world at large in the acts which manifest the ideas of people that there is no objective foundation, purpose, or meaning in life. This seems to render life itself one big joke, and that, unfortunately, includes the child abuse and the bombings.

I agree that religion is generally a joke, but why single it out? Easy target? If faith is the abandonment of objectivity, what of any human institution, organization, or convention?

thanx,
Tiassa :cool:

Tiassa,

Now you have to admit there aren't too many institutions where people choose to speak to the sky and fully expect a response.

Cris

Originally posted by Cris
Tiassa,

Now you have to admit there aren't too many institutions where people choose to speak to the sky and fully expect a response.

Cris

Cris, why do you despise religion so much? What has it done to you? I want to know your life experiences and what lead you to be consumed with so much anger and hostility towards religion.

Chosen,

I have no anger or hate. I'm laughing. Religion is a joke remember.

Why hate something that is irrelevant? Why be angry at something insubstantial?

That people delude themselves is unfortunate but when they take it seriously it is sad. But in the same way that TV comedy programmes can find humor in foolish situtaions then religion presents itself as a wonderful target and is equally foolish.

Cris

Originally posted by Cris
Chosen,

I have no anger or hate. I'm laughing. Religion is a joke remember.

I must agree with you, certain religions are a joke.

Why hate something that is irrelevant? Why be angry at something insubstantial?

True true for some.

Maybe you can't tolerate it? Sick of it?

Chosen,

Maybe you can't tolerate it? Sick of it?
I'd like to see the human race move forward and make an effort to improve it's survival. Religion seems to promote a fatalist approach, that there is little humans can do in the great scheme of things determiend by a super being. I.e. Why make an effort on Earth when one's destiny is in a life after death?

Religions detract energy away from humans improving their future. Fortunately most scientists take an atheistic approach. But I suspect a lot more could have been accomplished had religion not played such a dominant role in our past.

Cris

Back