If your home was violently invaded...

If your home was violently invaded...

• I would offer no resistance

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I would do all I could to protect my home, fighting in a purely defensive manner

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I would run and hide, intending to flee the area of conflict/country

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Try and contact authorities (eg. police, emergency services) and stay put

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • I would try to reason with the invaders

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would arm myself and go on the offense. Time to take the battle to the streets!

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
Mad, your post reminded me of something out of dawn of the dead:p

"ahh the zombies are comming":p

dead-rising1.jpg

I would verbally harrass them until they went home with their tails between their legs. As they retreated I would pelt them with cold custard (as my family dessert is now ruined thankyou very much) and turn up the volume on my three storey ghetto blaster. hmm I think 'Copacabana' at 3000 decibels would do the trick!

You're having dinner with your family, when a hurried news report on TV states that a very large, as-yet unknown group has invaded your country and is violently forcing themselves into homes and taking hostages, killing any who dare put up resistance.

Suddenly, one of your family members declares that they see some of the group marching towards your door. What will you do?

Why can't we do all of those ?

I, for one, would welcome our new invading overlords.

Yeah, geez, and if they really liked you, they could make you the Minister of Ethics and Morality. Then you could force all those people you don't like to tow the line! :D

Baron Max

Having lived through both an armed robbery and a hijacking my advise is offer no resistance. Your stuff is not worth dying for. Just do what they say, make sure they know you are not a threat, and stay out of the way.

When its done respond. Its not fun and sometimes you will take some hits.

Having lived through both an armed robbery and a hijacking my advise is offer no resistance. Your stuff is not worth dying for. Just do what they say, make sure they know you are not a threat, and stay out of the way.

Would that include the taking and raping of your wife and little girl?

See? The OP was pretty specific in outlining "your family" as part of the scenario. So it's not just you that you have to worry about.

Wanna' try it again?

Baron Max

Thats different, and they responded in different ways. Though here.. if they are going to rape you they are going to kill them men first, and afterwards the woman.

I suppose if you can see it turning bad, and you have time to respond. Do if you can.

So far I have being alone each time.

Thats different, and they responded in different ways. Though here.. if they are going to rape you they are going to kill them men first, and afterwards the woman.

I suppose if you can see it turning bad, and you have time to respond. Do if you can.

Well, running away with your family is by far the best option given in the OP.

So far I have being alone each time.

You were lucky. After you surrendered, they could just as easily killed you as not. I would venture to guess that most of the people who've been killed in such situations didn't fight either ....but they're still dead.

Baron Max

Baron Max
i used to work in a petrol station late at night and what w1z4rd is saying is EXACTLY what we were taught (by the company i might add) to do in the event of any sort of robbery

You just try to memorise what you can and GIVE THEM WHAT THEY WANT.

even if they want to rape you its better to pretend your enjoying it because this is more likly to keep you alive than fighting back

Baron Max, i used to work in a petrol station late at night and what w1z4rd is saying is EXACTLY what we were taught (by the company i might add) to do in the event of any sort of robbery...

Are you always so gullible when a big corporation tells you what to do?

The cops always tell us that, too. But then they also shake their heads and say things like, "We just don't know why this turned so violent." ...as the cameras pan over to the dead, bloody body lying on the floor. One time, that's all it takes.

You just try to memorise what you can and GIVE THEM WHAT THEY WANT.

Well, that's interesting, Asguard, but don't forget this .......it only takes one time going wrong for you to be dead. And at that time, all those other non-violent robberies won't mean shit, will they.

even if they want to rape you its better to pretend your enjoying it because this is more likly to keep you alive than fighting back

Try telling that to all of the thousands of women who've been raped, then brutally murdered to keep from identifying their attacker.

Baron Max

Back