If we exist a vibrating energy, who can talk about interstellar travel.

Originally posted by ScRaMbLe
What do you mean by "interference"? Why do video stores "bother " you? I think most people are capable of sensing EM radiation to a small degree if its strong enough, perhaps you are more sensitive than most. He he Wasn't there an episode of the simpsons where Bart sold his soul to Milhouse and the doors at the quick-e-mart wouldn't open for him? "Way to breathe, no breath" :p
Sold your soul lately?

Interference may not be the best word, but when I'm in a store or around watches or electonics, for example, I get kind of nervous like my skin starts to crawl and I have to leave. I am very sensitive and intuit. Computers don't bother me sitting in front of them for long periods of time. I don't like a lot of kitchen gadgets, though. I do have a microwave, but that doesn't seem to bother me. I don't watch the Simpsons, but the episode sounds cute. Honestly, I have had that problem trying to go in electronic eye doors. My family has seen it happen to me more than once. No, I don't think I sold my sole lately. If I did, I surely didn't get what it was worth.

I think most people are capable of sensing EM radiation to a small degree if its strong enough

Absolutely. I find that without EM energy I can't see a thing. Mind you, I have a real problem detecting radio waves wihthout a radio or TV.

Originally posted by Medicine*Woman
Interference may not be the best word, but when I'm in a store or around watches or electonics ... Computers don't bother me

So let's get this straight, a device chocked full of electronics and constantly bathing you in EM waves doesn't bother you but electronics and EM emitters you are sensitive to. I find that peculiar.Tell me, does sitting under a light bulb or in bright sunlight bother you?

Absolutely. I find that without EM energy I can't see a thing. Mind you, I have a real problem detecting radio waves wihthout a radio or TV.

What? don't you have sonar? :p

I dont think you're detecting radio waves if you have a radio, I think IT is detecting them, ok smartass?

What I'm talking about is when you stand near a 10 squillion volt transformer or power lines you can "feel" the EM field around it. I think this is what medicine woman is trying to say...

im just going to come out and say what Thed has been beating around the bush about. Visible light is EM radiation. You are batehed in it constantly. If EM feilds caused you some kind of discomfort than you would probably explode during a day at the beach. The EM feilds generated by kitchen appliances are so miniscule compaired to this even if you did have some sort of 6th EM sence then it would be droun out in the flood of input you are getting from light. Similarly a computer monotor or a TV pretty much irradiates your entire head, to say you feel odd around a digital watch and not around a computer is frankly peculear.

Are you able to tell what walls in buildigns carry electrical wireing? Do you feel strange when you approach a power pole? Did you know that most "Electronic eye doors" at department stores actualy use pressure sensitive pads?

Visible light is EM radiation

Um, no, visible light is one small frequency band of EM radiation.

If EM feilds caused you some kind of discomfort than you would probably explode during a day at the beach

By this logic my TV would explode if I watched it outside, which by the way, it doesn't.

Perhaps MW is only sensitive to a particular range of EM fields, I dont know and without any form of scientific testing, I'm pretty sure you dont know either. One would suggest, however, that she consults a dictionary before posting any scientific questions in the future...

Originally posted by thed
So let's get this straight, a device chocked full of electronics and constantly bathing you in EM waves doesn't bother you but electronics and EM emitters you are sensitive to. I find that peculiar.Tell me, does sitting under a light bulb or in bright sunlight bother you?

Funny that the computer doesn't bother me, but then I'm in control of the computer! It's only one computer, not like a store full of electronics. About the light bulb. I'm not a fan of overhead lighting. That does bother me. I like accent lighting, that doesn't bother me. I do like sunlight, but sunlight truly bothers my blue eyes. The sunlight itself I love, but being out in the sunlight really does bother my eyes. I'll start sneezing like I'm having an allergic reaction. My eyes burn and they run. It affects me this way.

What? don't you have sonar? :p

I dont think you're detecting radio waves if you have a radio, I think IT is detecting them, ok smartass?

What I'm talking about is when you stand near a 10 squillion volt transformer or power lines you can "feel" the EM field around it. I think this is what medicine woman is trying to say...

Hey, you just made me think of something! Where I live in Texas, they have those power towers all in a row that go through some subdivisions, well a study was done somewhere and the findings were that people who live close to these power lines, and a high rate of babies born, were found to have cancer or other deformities at birth. That would mean that the pregnant woman was possibly affected, too. I know I could never live in or around one of these power lines. More environmental toxins, you know.

Originally posted by SpyMoose
Are you able to tell what walls in buildigns carry electrical wireing? Do you feel strange when you approach a power pole? Did you know that most "Electronic eye doors" at department stores actualy use pressure sensitive pads?

I've not consciously noticed myself feeling strange about wall wiring. Power poles don't bother me. Yes, that's what I thought about the electronic eye doors with pressure sensitive pads, but I was standing flat on the pad and the door still wouldn't open until somebody came up behind me and stepped on it. It's almost being sucked into a parallel universe!

Perhaps MW is only sensitive to a particular range of EM fields, I dont know and without any form of scientific testing, I'm pretty sure you dont know either. One would suggest, however, that she consults a dictionary before posting any scientific questions in the future...

And you point would be? Okay, this part of science has always alluded me. Did I misspell something? Did I ask a stupid question? Are you just a wise ass?

And you point would be? Okay, this part of science has always alluded me. Did I misspell something? Did I ask a stupid question? Are you just a wise ass?

Um, have you read this thread? :confused:

My humblest apologies to medicine woman, I thought it was you who asked the original question!

One would suggest, however, that she consults a dictionary before posting any scientific questions in the future...

This comment should have been directed at alien ado, although you both could benefit from a physics textbook. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that a better understanding of terminology would be beneficial when posting about a particular topic...

Interesting answers.

I apologize to evryone if you get vituperated by those that like in Colombus times, mocked the Traveler. My dear blackholesun, you write as if your head were so far above. Remember the God chained so close to the sun.... well, please keep your feet on earth where you belong and about maxwell theories, is the paper you write'm on iss too thin, my fingers may turn brown, provided my reading are carried in the most sacred place of yours. medicine woman, when you have a conviction, defend it, it doesn't matter if others share it, it matters if you believe in yourself. I personally think you have potentials and you should search within your soul for them. Sorry again if my postulated question arised some antagonism (or as you would say "rubbed you the wrong way?") I was just looking for a particular answer, i guess my message has not been received yet. Thanks to all of you, friends.

Back