If Jesus were the Messiah, why is there so much confusion?

The reason there is so much confusion is that the true messiah revealed that there is no need for one, he pointed to the personal responsibility for revealing the devine nature in yourself, but people don't want to do anything on their own, they just want to be led.

Hello Medicine Woman,

"That's why the entire NT was influenced by S of T, therefore, none of it is the truth."

I understand what you are saying. That question has ocurred to me also. Why would you say none of what's written in gospels is true? It's kind of like throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

What was Jesus mission as written the gospels?

What was Saul/St.Paul's Mystical Jesus' mission?

The answer to these two question are much different.

Would you any insight to the two question I have asked?

Peace be with you, Paul

battig1370: "What was Jesus mission as written the gospels?" AND
"What was Saul/St.Paul's Mystical Jesus' mission?" The answer to these two question are much different. Would you any insight to the two question I have asked?
M*W: I'll try to explain with my own thoughts and words. Jesus did not write the gospels as you know, nor did Jesus, himself, directly influence the gospels. One exception to that would be the gospel of John. Scholars now believe the gospel of John was written by Mary Magdalene as was Revelations. So, as far as the gospels go, Jesus didn't technically have a personal mission in what was written in Matthew, Mark and Luke. Jesus was a Rabbi who preached the Jewish scriptures.

Now if you're talking about what the gospel writers' mission for Jesus was about, that I would have to look up.

So to answer your first question, I would say that Jesus' mission was to be a Jewish Rabbi who loved and married Mary Magdalene and had a family as was required by Judiaic 'Law' when a Jewish man reached the age of 30.

What was Saul/St. Paul's mystical mission of Jesus? Paul wanted to create a dying demigod savior who redeems humankind, not by his Rabbinical teachings, but by his virgin birth, his betrayal by one of his disciples, his horrible scourging ala Mel Gibson, his death on a tree or crucifix, his resurrection on the third day (but in reality, it was only 1 and 1/2 days, not 3), his bodily ascension into heaven to be seated at the right hand of God. Paul created Jesus to be a deity, but Jesus wasn't officially given divinity until much later after it was voted on by early church fathers sometime between 325-381 AD.

Further, Paul never knew Jesus nor had ever met him except during an epileptic seizure that he succumbed to on the Road to Damascus. So to ask what Paul's mystical mission of Jesus was would be like asking me to write the life story of my Great-great-great-great-Grandfather who was a Rebel hero in the Civil War. Of course, I would embellish it more than what I actually knew about my ancestor through others whose yarns were handed down. I would surely have my hero ancestor saving the South through his valiant deeds! And, you know, it would probably be a best seller just like Paul's books are! Paul doesn't talk about a real man, he created a myth.

I recommend The Mythmaker: Paul and the Invention of Christianity, by Hyam Maccoby. It's excellent in answering these type questions.

In whose stand?

Isaiah 24:10 The city of confusion is broken down: every house is shut up, that no man may come in.

Acts 19:29 And the whole city was filled with confusion: and having caught Gaius and Aristarchus, men of Macedonia, Paul's companions in travel, they rushed with one accord into the theatre.

Leviticus 18:23 Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion.

Leviticus 20:12 And if a man lie with his daughter in law, both of them shall surely be put to death: they have wrought confusion; their blood shall be upon them.

Isaiah 45:16 They shall be ashamed, and also confounded, all of them: they shall go to confusion together that are makers of idols.

1 Corinthians 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

James 3:16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

Back