If created perfect as scriptures say, why would we need salvation?

No! not I. I'm a humanist first and foremost. However believers have and do kill there own children for there god/gods.
No! Not generalising, all believers have the potential of killing their children given the right motivation. Be they of any religious persuasion. They have already accepted one erroneous belief for no good reason, so they are susceptible to any other erroneous belief.
I've personally have heard out of believers mouths that they would kill their children for their god, these being everyday religious people on streets, forums, tv shows etc.. https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=r...+told+them+too&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=r...lla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&gws_rd=cr

No that isn't the point, the point is you do what your god wants or suffer the consequences. Also! Lets not forget Jephthah NIV Judges 11 - 29 Then the Spirit of the Lord came on Jephthah. He crossed Gilead and Manasseh, passed through Mizpah of Gilead, and from there he advanced against the Ammonites. 30 And Jephthah made a vow to the Lord: ‘If you give the Ammonites into my hands, 31 whatever comes out of the door of my house to meet me when I return in triumph from the Ammonites will be the Lord’s, and I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering.’ and later 34 When Jephthah returned to his home in Mizpah, who should come out to meet him but his daughter, dancing to the sound of tambourines! She was an only child. Except for her he had neither son nor daughter. 35 When he saw her, he tore his clothes and cried, ‘Oh no, my daughter! You have brought me down and I am devastated. I have made a vow to the Lord that I cannot break.’ and the deed was done 38 ‘You may go,’ he said. And he let her go for two months. She and her friends went into the hills and wept because she would never marry. 39 After the two months, she returned to her father, and he did to her as he had vowed. And she was a virgin.

It is pointless trying to get people to get the point when they are blinkered. Don't you think.
That story makes you think doesn't it? Really think hard before making a vow to the Lord. Who was Jephthah hoping would come through the door to greet him, was it his dog?
My vow was that I'd give 1/10th of my income to the poor, and even that is hard. But it happens whether you like it or not.

If God creates us with the sinful natures that you see man having, then God cannot fairly punish us if all we are doing is following the natures he gave us. We have no choice but to follow our natures and we have no choice but to do evil to those we compete against as we evolve.

Christians claim that we were perfect, straight out of the box, but we make bad choices, although Holy people don't so much.
We do what we do because of the way we are and who could blame us for that and why are some people worse than others?
Why are there murderers and saints ?
What causes the variation?
Why are some people good looking and some ugly ?

Back