Idiotic myths?

Every baby starts out as a girl
That creature in the Scottish rivers
Women are better and safer than men
Time traveling

Every baby starts out as a girl

I heard on a documentary on the Discovery Channel (I think) that a fetus, before a certain point in the gestation period, is sexless, but is therefore female by default. Or something like that.

Where is this wrong?

Gore said he invented the internet. Most Reps believe this...And those who know better, don't correct the ignorant....

intake of a lot of alkaline increases chances of giving birth to a male- that was fuckin stupid.

White people are less potent than any other race- Its not entirely inconsitent, especially when we compare with their Chinese counterparts:eek: .

Women have all five senses sharper than men- inconsistent

intake of a lot of alkaline increases chances of giving birth to a male- that was fuckin stupid.

White people are less potent than any other race- Its not entirely inconsitent, especially when we compare with their Chinese counterparts:eek: .

Women have all five senses sharper than men- inconsistent

I heard on a documentary on the Discovery Channel (I think) that a fetus, before a certain point in the gestation period, is sexless, but is therefore female by default. Or something like that.

Where is this wrong?

My favorites.
The war in Iraq was waged because of 9/11.
Scientists have not developed a worldview because of emotional needs.
The media are giving people what they want.
Gene modification is safe and ethical.

I think those myths are so funny they make me laugh until I start crying. Sometimes I wonder if crying was my first real reaction, but I couldn't bear to face it right off.

Maybe that's the way it is when one really faces a myth that has real power in the world.

Back