Ideal wOrld

the world would be ideal if everyone was...

• non existent

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • dreaming

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • dead

• christian

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • muslin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • jewish

• hinduist

• buddhist

• pagan

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • unable to talk

• not thinking about such things

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • atheist

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters
the world would be ideal if everyone was... the way they are now.

The world is ideal now.

Everyone's world is ideal, to them. The ideal is created by the individual. Those that can't create their own ideal microcosms, even if only to the degree where life is just bearable, must be very miserable souls indeed.

Originally posted by Avatar
sorry, but no
there wasn't specified the type of immortality
[/B]

Immortality doesnt cover accidental deaths, are you also saying that immortal people are invincible? The ways we see to avoid death now involve taking care of the body, but they wouldnt prevent accidents and murders.

The world is perfect as is!

I'll elaborate on that later.
Faf.... Sorry but youre wrong. if it says immortal, it means immortal, literally.

as far as the pool goes it seems that the ideal world would be if all are "dead" "buddhists" who are "not thinking about such things"

But the world is so perfect as it is! it has enough variety and space to satisfy everyone. There is a place for buddhists and atheists and the dead and anything in between! Pick the spot on the globe you'd like best and live there! If the world was all the same, for example, all dead or all buddhist, there would be no happiness. Remember, in order to have joy you have to have sadness to make a comparison.

(wow I can not believe I stuck my nose into Religion forum)

Last edited:
people who follow religions (buddhism is a philosophy) are generally not happy with the things that the world is (hope for afterlife , saviours etc etc), and this is a religion forum ;)

A Buddhist has to be happy with the here and now, because he has no desires. He does not desire an afterlife, he does not care for it but is aware of its existence.

(youre still up?! meh, my paw is out of this thread, catch me on aim if you like. it'd be interesting to get a look at your idea of perfection.)

Last edited:
The choices are too narrow and too rigid to be considered a solution for an "ideal world". Plus it does not address the real problem within the nature of man, which is human pride. You should expand the choices.

be this an ideal world, there would be ideal options
but because it is not, then you'll have to be enough with the ones provided

Hm. You could have included some of the other religions that are practiced in the world.... And also specify the kinds of Christianity.

But no, really, which religion do you think would make the world better? And, why can't it be a mix of things?

I don't think that religions can make world a better place, not at all
I want to know what the inhabitants of the religion forum think

when any person's desires don't cross anyone's else desires and everybody is able to fulfill their desires
about the last part... I belive we slightly touched this while discussing what would a god be, thus it appears that everyone should be gods

anyways - hard to achieve

But some people want to make other people unhappy. How do you change that?

kill them :D

okok ->
that would be crossing of desires, because I assume that those target people would desire to live
which leads to request that in a ideal world such people (who want ot harm others) wouldn't exist

People are social animals, they are bound to express their desires to each other and to desire things upon others. How do you put everyone into a bubble?

Other than that, I cast my vote for your religion.

my religion?
my dear belijvolk, I have no religion

How do you put everyone into a bubble?
hmmm duno
somathi maybe, but that would leave this world emtpy
duno, humans need to be changed

No, no, dear Sir, I meant the idea of everyone being god. See, I like worship.

Well, how do you change humans, in general? Is it a physical or a mental change that we speak of?

Back