I think theists dont even believe there is a god

In this instance, defining something doesn't take away the real possibility that you're using the definition incorrectly. The actual definition however is correct. You're just trying to add stuff to it, just like atheists who try to glorify the definition of the word atheist.

First he didn't believe in the metaphysical. Now you say he did believe in the metaphysical. Which is it?

OMG! How slow are you? WE MAKE UP A DEFINITION BASED ON WHAT WE KNOW AT THE TIME, BUT WITH TIME AND FURTHER KNOWLEDGE A DEFINITION CAN CHANGE.

1, He says he is a theist.
2, I postulate that his claim of belief in god is in fact a delusion, due to his desire for the comforts of religion overriding his admittance(to himself and the world) to this state-of-affairs.

OMG! How slow are you? WE MAKE UP A DEFINITION BASED ON WHAT WE KNOW AT THE TIME, BUT WITH TIME AND FURTHER KNOWLEDGE A DEFINITION CAN CHANGE.

Speed is relative, to me you seem as slow as a 5 year old (as temperamental as one too). At the time of this conversation, the definition of a theist has not changed. And I'm not gonna consider it changed just because you have this ridiculous notion of "delusion of belief".

1, He says he is a theist.
2, I postulate that his claim of belief in god is in fact a delusion, due to his desire for the comforts of religion overriding his admittance(to himself and the world) to this state-of-affairs.

I'll ask you again. First you said he did not believe in the metaphysical. Then you said he did. Which is it? In case you haven't realized, that's a pretty fucking important distinction seeing as how God falls under the metaphysical.

Back