I think my mission here is done...But before I leave, I ask for one mor challenge..

whatsupyall

Banned
Banned
I challenge 1 or 2 so-called intelligent atheists here to debate with me...(Everyone else dont butt in, because I cant respond to 12 posts everytime...)

Who is the smartest and so-called intellectual atheists here? I am ready for a debate, I am SUPER ready in fact....

I believe a likely candidate is Cris and Tiassa....Unless of course another atheist will claim to be smarter than them.....

Cris and Tiassa, up for a challenge?

Ill start the topic out....

Tell me what are your reasons of being an atheist.........Explain.......

For the purposes of discussion, I'll use the singular "god", rather than having to type "god/gods" throughout.

1) There is no proof god exists.

2) There is no prove god does not exist.

3) However, I find it very unlikely that god exists. The notion has no more validity than any other flight of fancy.

4) However, once again, I have no proof god doesn't exist.

5) To me, if there is a god, then it has absolutely no right to expect any form of worship, obedience, or respect unless it is actually a decent chap. If it's bad, and we're all going to be tortured for eternity after we die, then why bother giving it the time of day? So to get anything from us, it must in the end be decent.

6) I have the idea that god, if real, must care more about our hearts/spirits than about words written on paper. In which case, such a god must judge us based not on our nominal religion but on how we behave through this life.

7) So, that gives us:
- God may or may not exist, we have no proof either way.
- If yes, it judges us based on how we behave.
- If no, well, our fellows judge us on how we behave.

8) The drawback to religion: Given point 6, people spend ridiculous amounts of time and energy on irrelevent crap, and even do such crazy things as start wars based on those silly bits of paper. If they believe in a decent god, then they should stop wasting so much effort on crap, and concentrate on trying to make the world they live in a better place. Hell, we even have the biological drive to improve the world in which our offspring will live. Whether god exists or not, nature wants such improvement.

9) Is "getting into heaven" my only reason for wanting to behave decently, as I have mentioned? No. Since there is no proof of god's existence, god is irrelevent when determining one's morality/ethics. I believe in a natural reasoning, basing my behaviour on proven reality, on cause and effect. I do to others as they do to me.

Result) In the end, what does give me? If god doesn't exist, I'm trying to get out of life without making the world a worse place. Maybe I'll leave a few decent memories. Maybe I can write or invent something which may even impriove the world, if I'm lucky. If god does exist, it's bound to examine that as criteria for my state in eternity rather than whether I read some dumb-arse book written by humans. So, I can spend my time and effort on living well and trying to improve things rather than messing around with religion.

In short, religion is a waste of time.

http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12834

Adam, that is kind of you...You have posted that before already, we can get into that, but sorry to say this, but I need someone smarter or more intellectual than you for a debate, no offense, but Im serious...

I changed my mind, since I realize that many indeed will butt in, and Tiassa posts are VERY long...I narrow my oponent down to 1 instead of 2.......

I ask Cris to challenge me for a debate (Since I heard from peeps that he is the so-called intellectual one here), though Cris is free to get as much help as he can from anyone in his personal time, and post his argument here.......

So ill type the topic again...

What are your reasons for being an atheist? Tell me what do you find wrong about being a theists..........Explain Cris.........

(Once again this is a serious debate, I will not respond to any other post from anyone, all teen-agers dont post, just observe......)

Originally posted by whatsupyall
Adam, that is kind of you...You have posted that before already, we can get into that, but sorry to say this, but I need someone smarter or more intellectual than you for a debate, no offense, but Im serious...

That's rich. Thanks for the entertainment.

I posted it again because you never did come up with a rational response. I think you are incapable. Perhaps you can demonstrate otherwise.

Last edited:

I changed my mind, since I realize that many indeed will butt in, and Tiassa posts are VERY long...I narrow my oponent down to 1 instead of 2.......

I ask Cris to challenge me for a debate (Since I heard from peeps that he is the so-called intellectual one here), though Cris is free to get as much help as he can from anyone in his personal time, and post his argument here.......

So ill type the topic again...

What are your reasons for being an atheist? Tell me what do you find wrong about being a theists..........Explain Cris.........

(Once again this is a serious debate, I will not respond to any other post from anyone, all teen-agers dont post, just observe......)

I hate to be a buttinsky, but I've been lurking for quite a while, and occasionally roam into the religion forum. I've been watching you for quite a while, and I take offense at your post. How can you specify a poster and then qualify that they must be good or you won't discuss the topic? Your posts are absolutely childish, your arguments often fragmented and your attitude atrocious. You don't deserve an intellectual to argue against, because the effort is wasted on you. You deserve another poster that will write the equivelant of "cause god says so", except they need to belong to the atheist camp. Problem is, most of them made it past 3rd grade, and their arguments would go beyond what you can debate. Your mission isn't done, you've not made a valid argument yet that I have read. You can certainly leave, as your posts tend to be a waste of reading time, but I thought that maybe if enough people repeated it, you might get the hint. Your's has to be the most asinine logic that I've ever seen. You beg the question and use circular reasoning as if they were brand new and you the inventor. I really can't grasp what addled view you must have that you think yourself a thoughtful person, or that you have convinced anyone of anything. Quite the opposite is true, most people seem to avoid you from sheer frustration at arguing with an empty tin can. Please respond appropriately to anyone's argument or question in any of the threads that you abandon after "just 'cause" gets old and you retreat. Respond to the above poster, the question is valid, and you have never satisfactorily answered to it(nor any other question from what I've seen.)

Regards;
William

William, 90% of peeps here are teenagers (I believe)...Many lives in the world you and I live in, heard this, heard that...I know I put alot of caps & name calling just to show that 2 can play the same game, and to show that being an atheist and preaching to the world that God dont exist, is LIKE another sect, another religion, another belief....I have observed all the arguments of atheists here, and Im ready for the real and final challenge........

William, do you know enough for a real debate? I dont care what you think about me, but right here and right now I can end this "God dont exist" theory...Scientifically, philosophically....

Do you coward out? Does atheists coward off? The first time I arrived here was more like a preach and learn, this time my debate will be "To annihilate atheism"........

Want to take Cris place?????

Whatsupyall, here is yet another little bit you never had the wits to respond to rationally. Since you're supposedly about to leave, please give it a shot.

My god is real!

My God, the One True God, is real. She is a six-breasted leather-clad dominatrix from Jupiter currently living in a luxury condo inside Europa, with her twelve lusty virgins, all of whom will be mine after I die. She created the universe just to produce me, through trial and error, eventually to serve - and service - her. She is the only real God, all others are mere fairtales. My God is real. You are all fools to believe otherwise.

Whatsupyall, disprove it.
http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13476

but right here and right now I can end this "God dont exist" theory...Scientifically, philosophically....
So do it. Stop saying you can do it, and do it.

whatsupyall:

Your posts both in this thread and elsewhere are the height of arrogance, of the kind which only ever comes from people who has no idea of just how much they don't know.

The fact is: nobody here needs to "debate" you. Your record of posts on this forum already speaks volumes. You have presented no coherent arguments for your faith. Nor have you responded to any arguments put against you, except to reiterate your own beliefs and to make unhelpful <i>ad hominem</i> comments to those who hold alternate views to yours.

You talk about teenagers on this forum. If you'd bothered to look beyond the threads you started (e.g. at the "Demographics" thread) you would know that this forum has a wide cross-section of ages. But that's not that important, anyway. There are teenagers here who have demonstrated time and again that they can think circles around you, whatsup. You label people "kid" and "child" as if being a child makes you stupid. Perhaps you were a stupid child, whatsup, but there are many many smart kids out in the world - not that you would be able to recognise a smart person if you tripped over one.

If you could really end the "God dont exist theory" you would have published a book or something and become world famous by now. If you knew anything of science or philosophy, you might have provided a scientific argument by now. But you can't even find your Caps Lock key.

Your attempts to "annihilate" atheists are pitiful. I bet you've never managed to convince anybody of anything.

If your "mission" here is truly done, I, for one, will not be sad to see you go. You give the Christians you claim to represent a bad image.

Originally posted by James R
Your attempts to "annihilate" atheists are pitiful. I bet you've never managed to convince anybody of anything.

If your "mission" here is truly done, I, for one, will not be sad to see you go. You give the Christians you claim to represent a bad image.
He's a pompous buffoon with a wretched understanding of logic and, as such, entirely worthless to either side of the discussion.

William, 90% of peeps here are teenagers (I believe)...Many lives in the world you and I live in, heard this, heard that...I know I put alot of caps & name calling just to show that 2 can play the same game, and to show that being an atheist and preaching to the world that God dont exist, is LIKE another sect, another religion, another belief....I have observed all the arguments of atheists here, and Im ready for the real and final challenge........

William, do you know enough for a real debate? I dont care what you think about me, but right here and right now I can end this "God dont exist" theory...Scientifically, philosophically....

Do you coward out? Does atheists coward off? The first time I arrived here was more like a preach and learn, this time my debate will be "To annihilate atheism"........

Want to take Cris place?????

I will take cris's place happily, but I'd rather choose a debate that can be proven for or against something. I'll give you 4 feet of rope if you would like, I'll (for the sake of argument only) accept that your god is real, if you can merely prove that he is good, without resorting to stating that he is good because he says so in the book or relying on "Hey, I feel like he's good". The problem is, you see, that I've lurked for a long time for a reason. Most of the arguments I see are not at an acceptable level for debate. I'd debate against the acceptable posters, but they already sit on my side of the fence on things. I have only seen one or two posters that would make an interesting debate on religion, without getting their emotions involved, or resorting to personal attacks and pathetic apologist meanderings. Come to think of it, I've seen three. And you aren't any of them. Before you can hope to argue with me, I should think you would take them as they come. There are several ahead of me, and it would appear that you thus far have failed to debate at even a high school level with any of them. How do you hope to debate the topic with me then? I'll even let you tie in my topic with yours. This is the answer to your question:

Atheists don't require a crutch so that they can walk through life without being terrified of the void. Some people, fortunately, don't piss themselves when they think of ceasing to exist. Self reliance if you like. ;)

Now, you have challenged me(although you technically challenged cris first, so why would you settle for me, and pass over quite competent people first is beyond me). So I answer your challenge, with a challenge. Assuming that god exists, prove that he is good. It's an open book test. You may use the new testament, but while doing so you must accept the old testament also. We will be working from the hebrew for the old testament, and greek from the new testament. You may use your KJV or NIV if you wish. We will accept certain things as fact, That the bible is literal and that it remains for the most part unaltered(you cannot pick and choose, that is debate for the lowest caliber of person). Now, do you accept or do you "coward out"?

Personally, I don't really care if you accept or not, you wish to argue the easiest point, "does he exist or not" knowing full well, that such is beyond proof for or against. That is the equivelant of going duck hunting but insisting that the birds be caged so you can easier hit them. That is a childs game. But if you think you are ready to participate in the adult world of debate, please, by all means....proceed.

edit for one last point:
Speaking of caged ducks, how could you lose so badly the debate for or against the existance of god? Any one of us could easily destroy any such argument if we were on your side of the fence, why can you not? Food for thought.

I thought I might give you a second topic to consider. Please, prove to me, if you are so inclined....Please prove that the IPU does NOT exist. We'll add that to the thread if you wish. Bonus points as it were.

On second thought, after seeing the remarks you made about cris and tiassa in the other thread, I will not debate with you. One must have standards. Good day sir. Don't call us, we'll call you. :mad:

I have a question for Mr. William Bishop. I find your name interesting, so I researched the meaning, and here's what I found. Check the web site below
http://www.chessvariants.com/piececlopedia.dir/bishop.html

According to the search, you are a chess piece that is only able to move in an angle. Of course, your thoughts and posts fully satisfy the requirements of your name, since I haven't seen you make a single straight move. I don't believe you are able to move in a straight manner. At least you're consistent in your Atheistic behavior, and thus in real life I would find you an extremely predictable person.

I'm enclosing for your use a list of respectable and politically correct Atheistic names:
- Bishop, a chess piece that can only move in an angle...must be crooked.
- zero
- doubt
- confused
- doesn't exist
- Illusional
-unfounded
-no legs
-no proof
-no idea

You're welcome in advance on my suggestions and free search.

Who said I was an atheist? You take much for granted. He asked why AN atheist believed the way they do. As to the rest of your post, I fail to see your point. Do you have a point? Or are you just trying to slander me? Personally, I think he was cowardly not to accept the first person, he did not post a requisite on the choice, only that they were brighter than he apparently. Do you have something to offer or do you wish to name-call? I'm also a republican, white, upper middle class, pro gun ownership..... surely you now have enough to work from for quite a while. Have fun.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by williamwbishop
Who said I was an atheist? You take much for granted. He asked why AN atheist believed the way they do. As to the rest of your post, I fail to see your point. Do you have a point? Or are you just trying to slander me? Personally, I think he was cowardly not to accept the first person, he did not post a requisite on the choice, only that they were brighter than he apparently. Do you have something to offer or do you wish to name-call? I'm also a republican, white, upper middle class, pro gun ownership..... surely you now have enough to work from for quite a while. Have fun.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the personal information. I'm sure it will become handy later.:D :D

Adam, I have answered this like 1,000 times, this is the last time Ill answer it.....

Originally posted by Adam
"My god is real!

My God, the One True God, is real. She is a six-breasted leather-clad dominatrix from Jupiter currently living in a luxury condo inside Europa, with her twelve lusty virgins, all of whom will be mine after I die. She created the universe just to produce me, through trial and error, eventually to serve - and service - her. She is the only real God, all others are mere fairtales. My God is real. You are all fools to believe otherwise.

Whatsupyall, disprove it."- Adam.......

Atheist will say "If God is not fake because u want proof he is, then prove to me tooth fairies/unicorns don’t hover around earth every night".

Smart Christian will say "A claim can b proven fake by lack of evidence. What evidence do u have of tooth fairy? How many eyewitnesses? Millions? If tooth fairies plucked out a teeth, is there any scientific investigation done to it?/ If so can u show it? How many testified? Show me healing, supernatural/miracles documented in the name of tooth fairy. How many died for tooth fairy to verify its value? / Thousands? Is there a Historical location of it? If so, where? Give up? Well tooth fairy because of its lack of evidence is fake. Period...

I hear alot of "toothfairy" and "giant purple squid monkey" or "SIX BREASTED DOMINATRIX FROM JUPITER" being thrown around here and there in an attempt to disprove the existence of God...But why do atheists even use the word "SIX BREASTED DOMINATRIX FROM JUPITER" or giant purple squid monkey and claim to base their belief in scientific research?

Check this...Let us observe why atheists use "giant purple squid monkey" or "toothfairy" so many times in order to disprove God..

1.) Toothfairy contains no scientifical evidence, no historical location eevidence, no testimonial evidence...

2.) As a result, it gives them that "FEELING" that since it is illogic to believe in toothfairies which to them contains no evidence, then why should they believe in God? How is God any different??

There is alot of errors concerning this claims...FIRST AND FOREMOST AN EXISTENCE OF TOOTHFAIRY CLAIM AND GIANT PURPLE SQUID MONKEY CANNOT BE USED AS AN ANALOGY TO THE EXISTENCE OF GOD...

IF YOU MAKE TOOTHFAIRY AS ANALOGY ABOUT GOD, THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM PROVIDING THE SAME VALID EVIDENCE AS THERE IS FOR GOD...

1.) Show me how many are martyred in the name of toothfairy....

2.) Show many how many churches built in the name of toothfairy...

3.) How many believers of the existence of toothfairy? MILLIONS? ARE THEY PROFESSORS? UNIVERSITY GRADS? PRESIDENTS? JUST TO CLARIFY IT, DONT USE INSANE, RETARDED, DRUG ADDICTS AS A REFFERENCE, OR 6 YRS OLD KIDS, THAT DOESNT GIVE THE SAME ANALOGICAL EVIDENCE FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD....

Using toothfairy and Giant purple squidmonkey as analogy to God is like saying "WHY SHOULD I BELIEVE A CAR CAN RUN AS FAST AS 60 MPH? MIGHT AS WELL BELIEVE A TOOTHPICK RUNS JUST AS FAST AS WELL..."

ITS PRETTY STUPID, TOOTHPICK DOESNT HAVE AN ENGINE, DOESNT HAVE A WHEEL, ETC. THEREFORE YOU CANNOT USE THE TOOTHPICK AS ANALOGY TO A CAR....IN THE SAME WAY YOU CANNOT USE GIANT PURPLE SQUID MONKEY OR TOOTHFAIRY AS ANALOGY CONCERNING THE EXISTENCE OF GOD.....EVEN IF YOU CAN FIND WAYS TO USE SCIENCE TO PROVE TOOTHFAIRIES EXISTENCE, YOU STILL CANNOT USE IT AS ANALOGY TO GOD UNLESS OF COURSE YOU CAN PROVIDE THE SAME AMOUNT OF EVIDENCE......
-----------------------------------------------------------------

SO WHAT IS THE LESSON HERE?? THAT ATHEISTS BASED THEIR BELIEFS ON FEELINGS AND EMOTIONS AS WELL.......

I CAN UNDERSTAND THAT MANY PEEPS WHO ARE ATHEISTS REJECT AND DENY MIRACLES, EFFECTS OF PRAYERS, TESTIMONIAL EVIDENCE, HISTORICAL EVIDENCE, ETC...WHEN THEY DENY EVIDENCE, THE DENIAL WILL TAKE EFFECT IN THEIR PSYCHOLOGY...IN A WAY THEY ARE BRAINWASHING THEMSELVES...SO IT IS SO EASY FOR THEM TO USE THE TOOTHFAIRY AND GIANT PURPLE QUID MONKEY AS ANALOGY TO GOD, BECAUSE THEY SEE NO EVIDENCE OF GOD, THE SAME WAY AS THEY SEE NO EVIDENCE OF TOOTHFAIRY, NOT THAT THERE IS NO EVIDENCE OF GOD, THERE IS, BUT THEY ARE IN COMPLETE DENIAL, THUS BRAINWASHING THEMSELVES, TAKING EFFECT IN THEIR MENTAL PSYCHOLOGY...........

in summary: YOU CANNOT USE "TOOTHFAIRY" OR 6 BREASTED DOMINATRIX FROM JUPITER AS ANALOGY TO GOD, BECAUSE THAT IS LIKE USING A TOOTHPICK AS ANALOGY TO A CAR.....GOT IT ADAM? THIS IS THE LAST TIME I WILL ANSWER THIS........

Back