I Can't Hate My Wife.

what is that called? Are you sure that's not an insult in response to a question you couldn't answer?
I've said the same thing to Musika in other threads. He tries too hard to be clever and it often comes across as gibberish. He may or may not know what he's talking about but often it's impossible to tell.

But then most people don't hate people they don't even know.
Ever hear of xenophobia? Hatred of people we don't know seems to be built into us by evolution.

On the other hand, hatred of people we do know is an internal conflict between individual interests and social interests (also built into us by evolution).

Phobia doesn't mean hatred, or didn't until a few years ago. What would be the clinical term for unreasoned hatred, rather than unreasoned fear?

I don't fear snakes or fire, but I sure as hell respond quickly to either. Since I'm a toad, I just eat spiders... :p

I can't hate my parents or my children so I'm happy not to be a disciple of christ. How many Jesus followers hate their wives parents and children?

Well, hopefully your family isn't such shite that you would need to hate them.

The thing is that it's hard to understand what you mean; perhaps you might try putting some effort into it.

Until you remember that God was created in man's image. And we used a fucked up mirror to do it.

I like to imagine that God is laughing his ass off at us, or has recoiled in horror. Kind of obviates the omnipotent thing, doesn't it?

what is that called? Are you sure that's not an insult in response to a question you couldn't answer?
No. It's informing the poor poster that his question is either a nonsense or he is asking it of someone who imagines others hating them, that is patently not me I've never even intimated such.

It was your own post in another thread that triggered him.

It is true I probably could have guessed that, but, well, okay, I know it's ironic to have an occasion I might say this, but, come on, you're you and I'm assessing people's motivations, so something about the moment strikes me as hilarious.

Less informally, I might note part of the problem is understanding what the actual issue is.

And we might pick on my grammar. If we attend the topic post, the appropriate responses, per each sentence, are: Well enough, then, that it works out that way. They'll bear that cross if that's how it works out for them.

And toward that latter, sure, if all goes well enough they shouldn't need to hate their family.

But the thing is, I can't tell if our topic poster is so unfamiliar with the basic sketch of Christianity, or perhaps thinks everyone else is.

No. It's informing the poor poster that his question is either a nonsense or he is asking it of someone who imagines others hating them, that is patently not me I've never even intimated such.
As far as your content goes, the only important question that warrants asking is whether you are speaking nonsense or merely pretending to do so.

It is true I probably could have guessed that, but, well, okay, I know it's ironic to have an occasion I might say this, but, come on, you're you and I'm assessing people's motivations, so something about the moment strikes me as hilarious.
Don’t be so hard on yourself. Like you, I used to struggle with assessing people and situations, until I read Dianetics and everything fell into place. L. Ron Hubbard was a genius.

Now you've gone and insulted my personal hero.

No, not Trump. Gautama Buddha.

Back