I bought a chickadee at least one day extra of Life

Yeah cuckoos. . . .
Of course. That's the origin of the word "cuckold."
Kind of like those dads who work hard to raise children only to find out it wasn't even theirs once they're too old to have more children, to me it seems like they've been completely violated, for all intents and purposes their whole existence has been erased in a humiliating and callous fashion. I take passing on genes very seriously, afterall it's the driving force behind why anything does anything, so for something to waste it's time and energy mistakenly passing on something elses genes is a genuine heart-crushing tragedy.
What a sweet guy. You've just dissed every adoptive parent on earth. Homo sapiens is a pack-social species and pack-social animals often raise their young communally and/or take over the rearing of orphans. We're programmed to value the survival of the pack, not just our own individual DNA.
No our stupid dog.
As I mentioned in an earlier post, dogs and birds absolutely do not mix. Virtually every aviculturist we know has had the same experience we have: their cats leave the birds alone and then their dogs come along and kill them.

Yeah cuckoos, and whenever I see them exhibitting this behaviour in documentaries I find it really disturbing. It actually knocks the other egg out, the mother looks confused that her baby is such a fat pig but her instincts tell her to keep feeding it anyway and it seems so wrong. Kind of like those dads who work hard to raise children only to find out it wasn't even theirs once they're too old to have more children, to me it seems like they've been completely violated, for all intents and purposes their whole existence has been erased in a humiliating and callous fashion.
I take passing on genes very seriously, afterall it's the driving force behind why anything does anything, so for something to waste it's time and energy mistakenly passing on something elses genes is a genuine heart-crushing tragedy.

The driving force behind why anyone does anything? Um, yeah, I wrote that song yesterday because I wanted to pass on my genes.

I don't actually plan on passing on my genes. Too many disorders in the family.

Back