Hypothetical

who should get transported first

• Total voters

Asguard

Kiss my dark side
Valued Senior Member
Im watching CSI and they mentioned something which is probably incorect but interesting as an experiment anyway

You have a police shooting and both an officer and civillan get shot, for the sake of agument there conditions are clinically identical. One WILL die because there is only one ambulance and by the time they transport one person the other will have died of blood loss

So who should get preference?

The police officer who serves the community but also as part of this accepts the risk they might die in that service

Or the civilan who was symply in the wrong place at the wrong time

nope, ambulance holds only one pt

edit to add, thats correct for australia at least and for the sake of this hypothetical its very important.

In the most extreme case where there is no possibility at all to transport the other
one, I'll say the civilian first. But if the civilian is happen to be criminal, I'll go for
the cop.

Reason behind is that it's police job to protect the civilian, but it's also police job
to protect the civilian from criminal :p

in the case on CSI there was a cop, a civilan AND a perp all in clinical need of imidiate transport and only one ambulance

However for the sake of this pretend the perp either got away, got killed, whatever. No there isnt another cop car to transport the other person, no you cant use a civilan car.

Its just one ambulance, and 2 pts one of who will die either way

in the case on CSI there was a cop, a civilan AND a perp all in clinical need of imidiate transport and only one ambulance

However for the sake of this pretend the perp either got away, got killed, whatever. No there isnt another cop car to transport the other person, no you cant use a civilan car.

A perp is a suspected criminal, right? :confused: Then I'll go with this priority:
1. the civilian
2. the cop
3. the perp

However, if the perp is a big criminal, like let say the boss of drug dealers, my
priority will be:
1. the perp
2. the civilian
3. the cop

By saving the perp perhaps can gather the information which in turn will benefit
the society.

Me, if the 35 years old cop is my father, and they chose to save the 50 years old mum,
I'll be proud of my dad. He will agree with me.

Just the way it goes

You save the civilian first, the cop last. That's just the nature of the commitment. If there's a critically-wounded perp, the cop gets bumped down the list again.

Me, if the 35 years old cop is my father, and they chose to save the 50 years old mum,
I'll be proud of my dad. He will agree with me.

But you can't make a moral decision every time, you have to have a previous agreements about what to do in certain situations.
I see Tiassa confirmed that cops get to go last, that's a previous agreement. In this case a political one.

Put one in the ambulance and the other in a police car and take them both to the hospital.

Put one in the ambulance and the other in a police car and take them both to the hospital.

Asguard already told us here, Cosmic (the bold text):

Well how then did the police get there to begin with. If there are police already investigating that means cars are available for any emercency that happens.

Well how then did the police get there to begin with. If there are police already investigating that means cars are available for any emercency that happens.

It's a hypothetical for a reason. :p

Civilian first, like Tiassa said it's part of the job.

But that CAN'T happen in reality because there's going to be a car available somewhere if the ambulance can't take them both. Stupid question if you ask me to begin with.

It's just one of those 'if you HAD to choose' questions, no need to get so worked up about the actual possibility of it happening.

Back