Humanity is an embarrassment.

Jack the Riper, John Wayne Gacy, Hitler, Stalin.....they were all pikers compared to you. Here, check out this website and you can chat with like minded people: http://evil-guide.tripod.com/

PS You'll be happy to note that there's already a discussion of your wipe out mankind via a virus plan.
Agree 100%, and this isn't the first time he's made this sort of statement.

If you can't distinguish provocation from actual intent that's your problem.
I have expressed in other threads that things like birth-restrictions would be the best way to decrease the human population. I do not wish to kill anyone.

swivel said:
It is also why American Chestnuts and Hemlocks are still around. Despite 99% of each being wiped out by disease, there were enough that had mutations which made them resistant, which is allowing them to survive.
AFAIK the only way American Chestnuts have survived is by human isolation of breeding populations, and the only chance they have of future restoration is human intervention via crossbreeding with resistant Eurasian chestnuts.

Similarly with the American Elm, although in that case the tree appears to be evolving a shrub form with a faster reproduction cycle - whether that shrub would count as the original still "being around" is a matter of definition.

And what we are talking about is the fungus on the roots, not the plant - even if some of these root fungi are resistant, which is unknown, the result would be a few remaining plant species, not a few members of each species.

I stand by my words.

Yes there is danger involved, but benefits are above all the issues.

even above possible destruction of the entire biosphere of a continent?
remember that if most plants go most animals will go as well.
think about food crops and such.
its poeple will be fucked for sure.

I don't mean to get all philosophical here, but I just couldn't resist...

To ourselves? Honestly, every ethical system revolves around the idea that man doesn't measure up to man's standards. I think this is a good thing, but hey, whatever.

What, so embarrassment doesn't exist now ?

I agree with what you're saying here. However, I don't think genetically engineering people would be in our species best interest.

Why not? Improve efficiency, clean up sensory disabilities and poor critical reasoning and blammo. Worldwide happiness.

Oh, and while we're at it, we should insert several gene arrays for total behavioural control by me. I swear, it'll be just for scientific advancement. Really.

Why not? Improve efficiency, clean up sensory disabilities and poor critical reasoning and blammo. Worldwide happiness.

Oh, and while we're at it, we should insert several gene arrays for total behavioural control by me. I swear, it'll be just for scientific advancement. Really.

What about building a kill switch into it while we're at it :D
Seriously though, what about genetic diversity ?

Speaking from a philosophical perspective, the very statement "Humanity is an embarassment" is an utter flaw, and shows highly on the person uttering such statement.

Back