Human species 'may split in two'

Q,

Well, according to the link you gave, it seems his interest is in figuring out how social, moral, and political behavior have evolved from the past into what we have now. This is a bit more doable, but still subject to a huge degree of uncertainty and prone to flights of fancy with no means of falsification or verification.

It's probably pretty fun though.

It seems that his conclusions are pretty fucking stupid though. Although, as I said earlier, it's quite possible (if not probable) that the press has added an amount of certainty to the statement that wasn't originally there. It wouldn't be the first time that the media did such a thing.

Still, what kind of evolutionary and psychological background could he have recieved from a school of economics?

Q,

Well, according to the link you gave, it seems his interest is in figuring out how social, moral, and political behavior have evolved from the past into what we have now. This is a bit more doable, but still subject to a huge degree of uncertainty and prone to flights of fancy with no means of falsification or verification.

It's probably pretty fun though.

It seems that his conclusions are pretty fucking stupid though. Although, as I said earlier, it's quite possible (if not probable) that the press has added an amount of certainty to the statement that wasn't originally there. It wouldn't be the first time that the media did such a thing.

I tracked down the paper on which the BBC article is based.

Seems like there are some interesting discrepancies between what he actually tried to say and what the article implies. He was misrepresented.

http://web.mac.com/scottukgb/iWeb/Evolution/Future.html

Still, what kind of evolutionary and psychological background could he have recieved from a school of economics?

I believe it may be evolutionary political economy, though I am not certain.

http://www.eaepe.org/eaepe.php?q=node/view/67

edit: nope its evolutionary moral psychology, from (Q)'s link

Last edited:
Spurious/Invert: Yes, I retract that the dwarf hominids were a Homo sapien lineage. Spurious: never read your thread about it in the past.

Still, to think that in the future we may inhabitat and populate on other planets: this would lead to a new species lineage and eventually even to new species as we fill the niches.

Back