Human Equity

Axoren

Registered Member
I'm writing an essay on Human Equity on the Internet.

What is your guy's take on Human Equity here on this site? Is everyone treated the same regardless of Gender, Race, Sexuality, Religion, etc?

Those who post are gonna be my primary references :D.

Yes, everyone can make a fool of themselves here, no one is denied that right that I know of.;)

Generally it is stupidity that is not tolerated here. Honestly I dont know the race, gender, religion, and sexuality of most the posters. Something like that should not matter in an intelligent discussion.

I suspect on a subconscious level, men here (which I'm going to guess make up, oh, 80% or more) behave in a certain way because it's mostly men, and I'd hazard a guess most are pretty fair-minded when women pop up.

What's so hard about talking to women?

...their psychology is different. They always expect something from a guy. Plus like in real life, I just cannot stop thinking about sex with a girl when I look at her, and than I just cant talk to her, because I become extremely shy. And before you know it, she is gone.

We already know you're thinking about sex when you're talking to us. My last lover wanted me the first night. I hung around for two years. There's hope! :)

yeah but my problem is that my tongue seems to wrap around itself when I think about a girl and sex. Its like I cant talk anymore. My brain seems to freeze. I feel so dumb.

I'm writing an essay on Human Equity on the Internet.

What is your guy's take on Human Equity here on this site? Is everyone treated the same regardless of Gender, Race, Sexuality, Religion, etc?

No. The internet is a reflection of the wider society. In society there is sexual, racial, religious and many other types of prejudice. We get it here on sciforums too, just like everywhere else.

No. The internet is a reflection of the wider society. In society there is sexual, racial, religious and many other types of prejudice. We get it here on sciforums too, just like everywhere else.

Are you willing to entertain specific types of prejudice are more or less prominent here?

Are you willing to entertain specific types of prejudice are more or less prominent here?

Compared to what? Other internet forums? Society in general?

People on the internet think they are anonymous, and so often feel less inhibited about expressing their prejudices on forums like this than they would in real life. They won't be called to account for their views, and they won't be physically threatened if they anger somebody. Their reputation in the eyes of those whose opinions they value won't be affected, since those people will probably never know of their bigotry.

Compared to what? Other internet forums? Society in general?

People on the internet think they are anonymous, and so often feel less inhibited about expressing their prejudices on forums like this than they would in real life. They won't be called to account for their views, and they won't be physically threatened if they anger somebody. Their reputation in the eyes of those whose opinions they value won't be affected, since those people will probably never know of their bigotry.

Either/or, but specifically the latter.

Are you saying there's more plain expression of prejudice online?

Yes, it seems James is now changing his earlier viewpoint. Where earlier he said this forum reflects that of society in general, yet in his latest statement, he's explaining reasons why it's more prejudice because of the anonimity of the individuals. He confuses me sometimes, too!

Baron Max

I believe in true equality. All the stupid waterbags(aka humans) should be killed, or at least stripped of their possessions. Dead or destitute and everyone is equal.

Oh, and draq-You're not shy. You just need to look at her eyes and not her chest and stop picturing sex with her when you talk to her. That can be distracting.

Perhaps. I think that when prejudice is expressed online it tends to take a more extreme form. People don't tend to hold back on expressing themselves online - especially when they think they are anonymous.

Yes, it seems James is now changing his earlier viewpoint.

No.

Where earlier he said this forum reflects that of society in general, yet in his latest statement, he's explaining reasons why it's more prejudice because of the anonimity of the individuals.

Why don't you read what I actually write, instead of making stuff up?

Back