How to identify a fake Christian

I am aware that the Jews don't believe in Hell.
Moses slept with his fathers.
Hell is a Christian dogma.

Suppose Osama Bin Laden asked for forgiveness ?
Would he bask in the glory of Heaven ?
Osama doesn't think he sinned. But the answer is yes, in Christianity, even Bin Laden and Hitler could be saved. Christianity doesn't expect you to be perfect, which is probably why it's so popular.

And I'm guessing you are not a Christian ?
Up until about age 7
Managed to get a prize Pilgrims Progress for attendance Sunday school
Note just for turning up not for knowing stuff
Used to go evenings some bible group no idea who and don't remember anything about the meetings
Do remember the last time
Got dropped off home
Went into grandma lounge
Was sprouting on about god being everywhere
Grandma looked at the food ration book on the table
Is he on that book
Yes
Well tell him to put more stamps in it
I was a atheist
Lot to thank grandma for

:)

So I can conclude from your answer that I don't have to comply with the rules in the Bible and still call myself a Christian ?
Yes.
Calling yourself a Christian is not like taking an exam, where there is an objectively determined failing grade, based on points.

Calling yourself a good man, even though you don't give all your money to charities.
Calling yourself a father, even though you sometimes miss your financial responsibilities.
Calling yourself a web developer, even though you don't know Photoshop.

These people are no more fake than the Christian you describe.
Sure, various people will have opinions, but what of it?

Why would you hold Christianity to an all-or-nothing ideal that you wouldn't hold for any other label?

The opening argument is a strawman because it sets up a false, contrived opponent, then finds that (invented) opponent wanting by its own judgment. Of course it does - it was built to fail. You want to know what a Christian does to be Christian - ask an actual Christian.

The opening argument is a false dichotomy/false dilemma because it presumes a back and white stance: either you pass the test, or you fail - there is no middle ground.

And the opening argument commits the Nirvana fallacy by throwing out a person/label because it's not perfect.

Last edited:
Do any of the following apply to you..

Then you are a fake Christian.

This is all a bit foreign to me... cause im Christan an dont avoid answrin questons about my beliefs an nobody has ever questoned the validity of my Christanity.!!!

Edit:::

Hmmm... that coud be cause i dont know of anybody who is more moral than me.!!!

Back