How to form an opinion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The CEO's paid and the night watchman's pay are not related so it doesn't matter than multiple is involved.

related

adjective

1. belonging to the same family, group, or type; connected.
    "sleeping sickness and related diseases"

The CEO of company X makes 600 units; a mid-level employee of company X makes 1 unit.

They are related. You don't get to define terms.

You don't agree with my interpretation of "self-interest". Duly noted.

This is a discussion forum. We adhere to commonly understood definitions. Your "definition" of "self-interested" is incorrect.

Again, you don't get to define terms.

related

adjective

1. belonging to the same family, group, or type; connected.
    "sleeping sickness and related diseases"

The CEO of company X makes 600 units; a mid-level employee of company X makes 1 unit.

They are related. You don't get to define terms.

This is a discussion forum. We adhere to commonly understood definitions. Your "definition" of "self-interested" is incorrect.

Again, you don't get to define terms.
Words have narrow and more broad meanings. You don't get to pick which one is correct.
Regarding CEO pay, it isn't related. A doctor doesn't do X times what the receptionist does.

You seem to be fixated on off topic subjects. If someone asked, "What is the meaning of life?", would your response be "How do you spell life?"

I'm only going with "trolling" here because the alternative is rather depressing.

I don't think you have anything of substance to add to this subject, do you?

Have you ever had anything of substance to offer?

A note to all other posters and readers here: I'm just gonna be a dick because I'm bored and tired of this. So please ignore the following. Strike it from the record.

I question myself plenty. That said, I have degrees from reputable and highly regarded universities, paid for entirely with academic scholarships--I've never spent a penny on education. I've worked in education. I get paid to write and no one has ever complained that my writing is inscrutable. So...

For that matter, I don't struggle with words like "related" and I know how to make appropriate analogies (free of category mistakes).

So maybe I'm not going with "trolling" here.

Have you ever had anything of substance to offer?

A note to all other posters and readers here: I'm just gonna be a dick because I'm bored and tired of this. So please ignore the following. Strike it from the record.

I question myself plenty. That said, I have degrees from reputable and highly regarded universities, paid for entirely with academic scholarships--I've never spent a penny on education. I've worked in education. I get paid to write and no one has ever complained that my writing is inscrutable. So...

For that matter, I don't struggle with words like "related" and I know how to make appropriate analogies (free of category mistakes).

So maybe I'm not going with "trolling" here.
So you have nothing of substance to offer...

Since nobody has anything of substance to offer in this thread, it is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back