How Much You Know

IN QURAN GOD SAYS
And when there came to them a Messenger from Allah confirming what was with them, a party of those who were given the scripture threw away the book of Allah behind their backs as if they did not know. And they followed what the devils gave out falsely of magic of the reign of Solomon; for Solomon did not disbelieve but the devils disbelieved, teaching men magic and such things that came down at Babylon to the two angels Harut and Marut, but neither of these two (angles) taught anyone (such things) until they had said: we are only for trial, so don't disbelieve. And from them (magicians) people learn that through which they would cause separation between a person and his spouse, but they could not thus harm anyone except by Allah's leave; and they learn that which harms them rather than profits them. And indeed they knew that its practitioner would have no share in the Hereafter. And how bad indeed was that for which they sold their own selves if they but knew" (2:101-2).
name of Allah the beneficent, the Merciful

113) Daybreak
In the name of Allah the Beneficent, the Merciful

Say I seek refuge in the in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which he created; From the evil of the darkness when it is intense, and from the evil of malignant witchcraft, And from the evil of the envious when he envies

Say: I seek refuge in the Lord of mankind, The King of mankind, The God of mankind, From the evil of the sneaking whisper, Who whispers in the hearts of mankind, Of the jinn and of mankind

Tresbien, theres no need to post verses. The majority of the people on these boards know what Islam is. Theres a small minority who knows what it is but refuses to let go of that narrowminded view that islam is at fault for almost everything. The best you can do is just refute them when they actually post verses. Beat them at their own game.

I'm anti-religion in general. Islam isn't much worse than most religions, it keeps people ignorant and superstitious. It promises them a paradise for dying in the service of the religion. That doesn't mean I'm against religious people, most people I know are religious, it's not really their fault. We are apes after all, and not really that advanced. Promoting love is the same as promoting hate.

Dear Spidergoat
u are a humanbeing to whom i earn much respect and wish the best health and inner happiness.I like reading your answer because u are spontaneous and u say what what u feeel rather than many hypocrites who hide their beliefs and display to u different face.I will try bto select some prophet's sayings that empahasises that islam does not allow supertition and combat ignorance.
Allah says: “Say: Bring your proof, if you are truthful.” [Sûrah al-Baqarah: 111]

A Muslim believes in empirical evidence and in the knowledge gained through accurate observation and experimentation. This is clear from Allah’s words: “Allah brings you forth from the wombs of your mothers knowing nothing, and He provides you with hearing, sight, and a heart, that perhaps you might be thankful.” [Sûrah al-Nahl: 78]

Allah says: “And pursue not that of which you have no knowledge; for every act of hearing, or of seeing, or of the heart, will be enquired into.” [Sûrah al-Isrâ’: 36]

Traditions attributed to the Holy Prophet (SAW) in this regard, some of which are quoted below:

It is an obligation for every Muslim to seek knowledge.
Seek knowledge even if it be in China.
Seek knowledge from cradle to grove.
Scholars are the heirs of the prophets.

Some Wise Sayings of Imam Ali (AS) in this regard, which are quoted below:

O you who carry knowledge around with you; are you only carrying it around with you? For surely knowledge belongs to whoever knows and then acts accordingly, so that his action corresponds to his knowledge. There will be a people who will carry knowledge around with them, but it will not pass beyond their shoulders. Their inner most thoughts will contradict what they display in public, and their actions will contradict what they know.
Do not turn your knowledge into ignorance and your surety into doubt. When you acquire knowledge then act in accordance with it and when you achieve surety then proceed with it.
Knowledge is accompanied by action. Thus he who knows acts in accordance with it. Knowledge is called through action. Thus if called it responds and if left uncalled it leaves.
The lowest form of knowledge is the one which (only) appears upon the tongue while the loftiest is the one made manifest by the organs and the limbs.

Anyone who goes to a diviner, a practitioner of magic or a soothsayer, asking something and believing in it, denies what was revealed to Mohammed".

Another tradition states: "The alcoholic, the believer in magic and the one who breaks ties of kinship will not enter Jannat". (Ibn Hibban)

Nabi sallallahu alayhi wasallam stated: "He is not of us who seeks evil omens or for whom evil omens are sought ….." (Tabraani). Another tradition states: "No one is free from three things: suspicion, auguring evil omens and envy. Thus if you have a suspicion, do not pursue it, if you augur an evil omen, do not turn you back, and if you are envious do not transgress". (Tabraani)

Typical Muslim thread:

1) Post links to propagandized Islamic sites that every other Muslim has already posted.
2) Insult everyone's intelligence by stating the infidels here know nothing of Islam like every other Muslim has already stated.
3) Ignore links to sites that demonstrate the hypocrisy of Muslims and Islam like every other Muslim has ignored.
4) Continue to post links to propagandized Islamic sites.
5) Start flamewar.

Typical Muslim thread:

1) Post links to propagandized Islamic sites that every other Muslim has already posted.
2) Insult everyone's intelligence by stating the infidels here know nothing of Islam like every other Muslim has already stated.
3) Ignore links to sites that demonstrate the hypocrisy of Muslims and Islam like every other Muslim has ignored.
4) Continue to post links to propagandized Islamic sites.
5) Start flamewar.

PEACE PEACE PEACE.LET NO COMPULSION IN ISLAM

Each One Has His Freedom Of Choice .i Am Not Putting A Knife Against U Throat To Convert.i Am Peaceful Muslim Who Loves Man And Whose Obejective Is To Open Channels Of Friendship And Tolerance AND UNDERLINE THAT WE CALL FOR PEACE AND ISLAM IS INNOCENT OF THOSE WHO MURDER CIVILIANS AND INNOCENTS.WE INSULT NO ONE AND WE DO NOT HATE ANY ONE.IF SOME TAKES THE WRONG WAY WHY U CHARGE ISLAM AND MUSLIMS.IF ALL MUSLIMS PRACTISE THE TEACHING OF ISLAM,other religions will follow their examples.

Last edited:
Each One Has His Freedom Of Choice .i Am Not Putting A Knife Against U Throat To Convert.i Am Peaceful Muslim Who Loves Man And Whose Obejective Is To Open Channels Of Friendship And Tolerance AND UNDERLINE THAT WE CALL FOR PEACE AND ISLAM IS INNOCENT OF THOSE WHO MURDERS CIVILIANS AND INNOCENTS.WE INSULT NO ONE AND WE DO NOT HATE ANY ONE.I AM PRESENTING YOU THE REAL IMAGE OF ISLAM THAT BEING DAMAGED BY SOME WHO TAKE THE WRONG WAY AND WHO GIVE OPORTUNITY TO OTHERS TO DEFAME THIS RELIGION.

Khalli, ya akh, shoya shoya; maa'fi zaalan. :p

Ahlan. Ana shuf rakam haggik fil maghrabi.

Awwal ana fi wahid habibi min Agadir. ;)

LOL! I remembered it from an Arabic song I usually listen to. Also, here's what I've concluded from this thread:

Typical Hate thread:

1) Post links to propagandized Islamic hate sites that every other Muslim has already debunked.
2) Insult everyone's intelligence by stating the Muslims here know nothing of Islam like every other hater has already stated.
3) Ignore links to sites that demonstrate the hypocrisy of haters and Islamophobes like every other hater has ignored.
4) Continue to post links to propagandized Islamic hate sites.
5) Start flamewar.

Back