How Do You Picture God?

Brutus1964

We are not alone!
Registered Senior Member

How do I picture God? I think why some people have a hard time believing in God is because of the way he is portrayed by so many different religions. He is viewed as everything from an old man with a white beard, to no form at all. I believe if you were to see him he would be completely different than you would expect. I believe that he is the same form that we are, only perfect. He has a physical body but he is made of pure matter that is beyond our understanding. If you could shake his hand you would feel that he is a physical being. He is ageless but not old looking; He would look like a man in the prime of his life and have a countenance brighter than any sun. He is made of pure light but does not give off heat or burn your eyes to look upon him. All light originates from him and is the source of all the energy in the Universe. If you could observe what he does you would see that he does not act in supernatural ways at all. The things he does only seem magical because he is infinitely more advanced than we are. This is the God that I worship. Not a formless incomprehensible all encompassing blob of power. Just like the sun he is only in one place at one time but his influence is felt everywhere. He can move anywhere instantly. He is not subject to the speed of light because all time is before him. He commands all elements because they obey him. He speaks to us through our consciousness'. He obeys his own laws. If he broke them he would cease to be God. He will not do that because he has a perfect knowledge not to. He has free will but chooses to stay perfect and sinless. If you looked at the angels around Him you would see that they too have physical bodies that are made of pure light. They are made of the same pure matter that our own spirits are made of.

Last edited:
Brutus1964 said:

How do I picture God? I think why some people have a hard time believing in God is because of the way he is portrayed by so many different religions. He is viewed as everything from an old man with a white beard, to no form at all. I believe if you were to see him he would be completely different than you would expect. I believe that he is the same form that we are, only perfect. He has a physical body but he is made of pure matter that is beyond our understanding. If you could shake his hand you would feel that he is a physical being. He is ageless but not old looking; He would look like a man in the prime of his life and have a countenance brighter than any sun. He is made of pure light but does not give off heat or burn your eyes to look upon him. All light originates from him and is the source of all the energy in the Universe. If you could observe what he does you would see that he does not act in supernatural ways at all. The things he does only seem magical because he is infinitely more advanced than we are. This is the God that I worship. Not a formless incomprehensible all encompassing blob of power. Just like the sun he is only in one place at one time but his influence is felt everywhere. He can move anywhere instantly. He is not subject to the speed of light because all time is before him. He commands all elements because they obey him. He speaks to us through our consciousness’' and speaks to us though it. He obeys his own laws. If he broke them he would cease to be God. He will not do that because he has a perfect knowledge not to. He has free will but chooses to stay perfect and sinless. If you looked at the angels around Him you would see that they too have physical bodies that are made of pure light. They are made of the same pure matter that our own spirits are made of.

does your 'God' have a dick and balls and anus?

if not, does 'he' have a cunt?

if not all that, then what does he have? is what's 'down there's like a shopwindows dummy?

I would have hoped that the maturity level of this forum would be higher than what Duendy has demonstrated. Why don't you just give your own image of God and refrain from obscenities. :(

I picture it as a man made vision therefore an imagineary vision that changes from person to person after reading the descriptions that are created about it.

Brutus1964 said:
I would have hoped that the maturity level of this forum would be higher than what Duendy has demonstrated. Why don't you just give your own image of God and refrain from obscenities. :(

And i think yu are being a bit righteously indignant and puritanical. Why is it you imagine our genitals are obscene? They are what brought you into the world, mate

have you ever seen a little child with a doll? they look under the doll's clothes to see what they got down there. that's not immature or obscene, it's tha natural inquisitiveness we all have

you start this thread with your conecption of an actual image of your conception of 'God' who is 'male'--right? so i am asking well, has he got a dick or a cunt? i am being honest and straight, not obscene. i dont see ANy thing obscene in asking this. that is YOUr problem Brutus

'CUNT' has been MADe obscene by the patriarchy. actually if you researhc the term it wans't thought obscene by our anceint pagan ancestors sos why now

anyway my question still stands

and another thing. i thought your 'God' had been very strict about us NOt having images. 'he' and his followers made a great deal of violent fuss about crushing images of Goddess. so is it one law for 'HIM' and another for everyone else or what?

Well if he were to exist i'd picture him as a mirror, if we are supposed to be in his image we must all see ourselves when we look, although the question is irrelevant to me.

I think this Bible verse is very fitting.

"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye
your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their
feet, and turn again and rend you."
Matthew 7:6, KJV

I'll be the first to admit that my idea of God is pretty different. I believe in a God with a long white beard, a gold crown, and a long robe with lots of shiny jewels on it. He sits on a big throne in the clouds, and He's about five hundred feet tall. He talks in a real deep voice like "I...AM...GOD!" He can blow up stuff just by looking at it. This is my own, personal idea of God. -Jack Handey

Brutus1964 said:
I think this Bible verse is very fitting.

"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye
your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their
feet, and turn again and rend you."
Matthew 7:6, KJV

Brutus...you keep avoiding what i am asking. ok, you wanna me a use the polite terms? Your 'God'--who you know i question as being an upstart--who is an a MALE form, apart from his 'supermatter'....Has he, do you think, a penis or a vagina, and an anus. OR what then?....why is this question so obscene for you?

actuall i meant "do you want me to use their LATIN terms" not 'polite' as that presupposes that the use of their anglo-saxon terms are IMpolite, and i dont go with that

Duendy

I will answer you question like this. God works in natural ways. Things may be different for an immortal being but who knows. If He is the perfect prototype for men then there also must be a perfect prototype for women. I believe there is a mother in heaven. She is the spiritual mother of us all, just like God is the spiritual father of us all.

I dont picture it, as it does not exist.
if it was not fictious, it would be the most callous, cruel, vile, sadistic, creature in the known universe.

Repo Man: I'll be the first to admit that my idea of God is pretty different. I believe in a God with a long white beard, a gold crown, and a long robe with lots of shiny jewels on it. He sits on a big throne in the clouds, and He's about five hundred feet tall. He talks in a real deep voice like "I...AM...GOD!" He can blow up stuff just by looking at it. This is my own, personal idea of God. -Jack Handey
M*W: Jack Handey is my favorite author. Thanks for the quote!

Brutas,

Good question.

Even when I was a believer I never formed a satisfactory mental image of what the Christian god would be like. I guess the best answer is "a presence".

Now that I know that the god concept is just a result of human imagination my mental image of a god is far less concrete. Hmm as I think more deeeply I realise I no longer have an image of what a god would be like.

I believe that he is the same form that we are, only perfect.

I guess if you believe jesus is god, then the answer becomes clear. god is a scrawny white hippy. The dood should have visited back in the 60's/70's.

great picture path, loved the blues sky and fluffy clouds, and that nice little old man sitting on one, no wait a minute that just my imagination.(cue for a song)

what I really wanted to say path was that it would have proberly been even funny if had finished it with the line "he's not gone, again!".
but then again it's great that way.

I guess if you believe jesus is god, then the answer becomes clear. god is a scrawny white hippy.
Thats exactly what i look like these days, maybe i dont really exist after all...

Back