How do you know that it was Jesus who died on the cross?

wynn

˙
Valued Senior Member

How do you know that the witnesses back then saw right, especially since they supposedly stood at some distance?

How do you know that the one on the cross was Jesus, and not someone looking similar to him?

Don't forget that we don't have accounts of actual witnesses. Everything in the NT is third or fourth hand at best.

This makes no sense, thousands of people died on crosses, it was a common method of execution.

No. Making the church a liar.. again... and again.
You tell us to hear what the lord hath said, then you deny the book that claims to be his message. So where are we supposed to hear what the lord hath said? Are we supposed to listen to you?

I don't think so...

You tell us to hear what the lord hath said, then you deny the book that claims to be his message. So where are we supposed to hear what the lord hath said? Are we supposed to listen to you?

I don't think so...

Applause. You sir win todays internets... :)

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

I don't think so...

If you want to you can listen to me, I wouldn't force you. Who preaches the book? The church. The bible is not, and I repeat not God's message. God's message is safe with a woman. We are you suppose to hear what the LORD says? Does thee hath a ear?

You would not be saying any of this without the Bible, so I don't know who you think you are fooling.

I don't think so...

naa..your supposed to listen to me..:rolleyes:

How do you know that the witnesses back then saw right, especially since they supposedly stood at some distance?

How do you know that the one on the cross was Jesus, and not someone looking similar to him?
To believe that Jesus did not die on the cross is to disregard the witness of two thousand years of Christian testimony -- what G. K. Chesterton called "the democracy of the dead" -- that says that Jesus did die on the cross. Who is more likely to be right? All orthodox Christians over the past two thousand years or a few controversialists who started pushing the claim less than two hundred years ago?

To believe that Jesus did not die on the cross also requires disproving the Gospels' status as historical documents, something that has never been done. The Gospels are unequivocal that Jesus did die, with John (an eyewitness) insisting that a Roman centurion thrust a spear into Jesus' side to make sure that he was dead (cf John 19:32-37.

I recommend reading Who Moved the Stone? by Frank Morison. In the book the Anglican author, originally a skeptic of the Resurrection, takes apart the various theories that purport to disprove the Resurrection.

Back