How a muslim sympathizes with islamist terrorists.

...continuation...

tiassa said:
All I wanted to remind you was that life under Marcos is what it looks like when the United States "helps" a people.
The US helped Taiwan, Japan & Europe too and they are doing extremely well today. The US had been helping the Philippines since World War II and the life in those days before Marcos was most memorable to the generations of that time, my parents among them. We were the tiger of Asia then, next to Japan. Our neighbors sent their sons and daughters to our universities. We messed the help you gave us, tiassa. We have nothing to blame but ourselves.

Tiassa, re-evaluate your views on your mother nation. Its not as bad as you think. :)

tiassa said:
The modern institutions that affect the world, e.g. UN, World Bank/IMF, &c., grew out of an ideology that treated Arabs poorly.

In the wake of World War II, the United States and Britain considered Iran, Iraq, and Saudi Arabia in terms of, "You take one, I'll get the other, and we'll both work on the third." And we've been happy to contribute to the oppression of the people in exchange for good oil prices ever since.
But its not just the arabs, but muslims of other races are also getting more trouble than usual. The Chinese muslims. The Filipino muslims. The Indian muslims. The Thailander muslims. The Indonesian Muslims. The black African muslims. Im sure all these people are not so mindless as to keep dancing on the strings of the originator of their religion, the arabs.

But as you mentioned “ideology” that made the west behave greedily, don’t you think there is something in the Islamic ideology that tends to lower their tolerance levels to hints & issues of mistreatment?

continued...

tiassa said:
At the heart of it, Americans are generally superficial. Some of this is accidental, some of it inherent.
Well maybe you guys are more superficial than the rest of us. :D

tiassa said:
One of the quiet scandals so far of our electoral system is the bribing of poor people for votes.
What? I thought that only happens in the 3rd world! LOL.

tiassa said:
Even our most sacred things, too. Religion--televangelism is a multibillion-dollar industry. Baseball--praising the success of the Yankees is to praise the spending of money. News media is a business, and must answer to the bottom line; legitimate news stories are killed for the benefit of advertising revenues. (In fact, the so-called "liberal media conspiracy" is not a liberal thing at all, but an acknowledgment of the financial necessities of being in the news media.) Music? Ever hear the word "payola"? It's technically illegal, but it still exists in a more complex form that keeps many good musicians from the benefits of radio exposure--when you listen to music on the radio, you're listening to paid advertisements. It got so bad that banks were charging people money in order to withdraw their money: every little thing had to show revenue.
Those things generally characterize how things work everywhere nowadays. And most of them were the ideas of the Americans. And some of them aint so bad, like the last thing you mentioned. Here in Canada banks only charge you that if you withdraw money using the ATMs of other banks. They call it ‘service charge’. A very expensive service charge. But I don’t let it bother me. I just don’t use the ATMs of other banks.

tiassa said:
Is that really the ideology in Canada? Do they say, "This place is important to people because of history and heritage. That means they like to come here. That makes it a perfect place for a new department store, video store, and fast-food restaurant."

Do they really say, "We're going to underfund this important project because we want to save money until it functions as if it has all the money it needs"?
Many common guys like me don’t really bother too much into those details of budget politics. Maybe when my daughter starts going to school then I’ll become more aware of city projects.

tiassa said:
One of the assuaging factors in justifying the Iraqi Bush Adventure was the widespread belief that Iraq's oil would pay for the war.

The United States has some odd cultural priorities, and they can be downright foul in some cases. Our addiction to money is excessive.
Hmmm yeah you're right.

tiassa said:
Its how you try to see me. As is evident in the above, your radical interpretation of something I said.
According to your note regarding Bells, I'll just acknowledge what's already in the topic:
I suggest you read through all of your posts in this forum since you first joined and then you'd see where he and many others have gotten that idea.
Well Bells had been in bad blood with me from the beginning. I admit my first couple of days here was marked by arrogance, in the way I replied to those who immediately attacked me personally. First impressions last and I believe my initial bad impression to you two made you guys view all my posts with suspicion and contempt. No matter how courteous I behaved afterwards. But to give you more ideas of who & what I am let me quote a pair of muslims and a jew in another forum.

By ahmed
http://forum.bismikaallahuma.org/viewtopic.php?p=33838&highlight=calling+doctorno#33838

• "I am calling on Jinn Martini, Jayman, Moogle, Peace4us, DoctorNo and other clear minded people, and judge for yourself, and tell me if these verses show that the prophet erred or not"

By PrinceZED:
http://forum.bismikaallahuma.org/viewtopic.php?p=33308&highlight=jinn+cool#33308

• Nice conclusion Doc. Looks like there was a misunderstanding.

DoctorNo: Who likes to look at everything with a critical eye (although I would say he is obviously biased against Islam and in favour of Christianity). He is more like JinnMartini type above, but he likes to quote a lot of scripture to prove his point.”

By peace4allpeople:
http://forum.bismikaallahuma.org/viewtopic.php?p=37755&highlight=respect#37755

• At least Dr.No has respect. I wonder how God feels about respect as opposed to arrogance?

continued...

Last edited:
tiassa said:
Only states or nations are in the position of declaring wars.
According to whom? You?
At least according to Webster dictionary. I read something about that too in a UN article. Sorry but I don’t have the time to look for it right now.

tiassa said:
• Japan: I wasn't aware Japan had a problem with us of late. They've made out rather well since we nuked them.
• Mexico: Well ... we could start with how we treat Mexicans in this country. And businesses don't go down to Mexico to pay the kind of wages you pay in the United States.
• China: The American standard of living has every reason to honor and seek to perpetuate unsafe working conditions and poor wages in China.
• Saudi Arabia: Given how folks are getting wary of the Saud, one might wonder why. These days American critics complain about Saudi Arabia's royal dictatorship, yet we've coddled it as much as possible--because of oil--for fifty years.
None of them even shows a hint of victimization.

I think you have become too extreme in your views against your nation without realizing that you no longer have a credible basis for justifying such views.

tiassa said:
Well ... then I must reiterate my earlier suggestion to do some reading. For instance, Schwarzkopf to Schwarzkopf, from one to the next. One Schwarzkopf screws up Iran, the other fights Iraq. The irony is that the younger was attempting to mop up a problem the United States had gotten itself into as a result of the backlash against the results of the elder's actions. The sins of the father had come to bear on the son, so to speak.
Sure.

tiassa said:
And if none of those can be shown to be the case, should the overthrow at least secure power for a political leader who does do these things?

It's what the US government does, in order to help people.
No way. Honestly of all the leaders the US helped install I cant remember one who turned out to be good. 

There is something wrong in American foreign policies.

-------------------------------
These are from yesterday
-------------------------------
tiassa said:
Do you think these things--overthrowing the popularly-elected Prime Minister, propping up a dictator, endorsing and giving money to tyrants--have any effect on the people in those nations? Do those effects contribute in any way to the conditions inspiring the violence you so abhor?
Of course. The people would hate Americans.

tiassa said:
I don't know if the idea that this is the best we can do disturbs me more than the idea that we just don't want to do any better.
LOL! Maybe you should get into politics. Sometimes one man can change the world. :D

Well maybe I exaggerated. Its not your best. But I think the level of competition there encourages people to give their best. And scandals there are more damaging to people involved than anywhere in the world.

tiassa said:
I doubt youll find another power better than that. You should really learn to appreciate what we have.

Okay, I gotta ask: What's with this "we"?
We as the human race. ;) I used to hate the US too but then I realized what if the other imperial powers had won the race? Russia, Britain, Spain, Germany, Japan, the Muslims. My goodness. We wont even have the right to voice out our complaints.

tiassa said:
Furthermore, learning to appreciate what we have is a separate issue from aspiring to do better.
VERY TRUE. I think there should be a balance between those two. Criticisms are good too in making things better.

tiassa said:
All I ask is that we live up to these noble values we assert. Doesn't seem like much to ask of this American community. Complacency is a social disease.
I agree. May things turn out as you wish.

Dr. No said:
Too bad I cant find other older testimonies about me.

And many other people there has a better view of me than what you & bells are trying to project here.

So do you post stuff like--

This?
How about this? ("Doofus? Troll? Unethical intent? You wish. See how I demolish muslims..." - Dr. No, 3.29.2004)
And of course there's this. ("And this thread is primarily for non-muslims. To warn them of the dangers & senselessness of the false religion called Islam.")
--in order to earn their respect?

Do you recall your entry to Sciforums? As you can see above, anyone can go look it up. Bells gave you good advice. Think about your posting history. And why are you constantly advertising that other board? I mean, from your first boasts of how you like to demolish Muslims, you've been hawking that board.

Do you remember this topic? The one about a random, sick killing in Texas into which you couldn't resist shoving graphic, hateful propaganda? I mean, you could have chosen to actually make a point in that topic, but you chose instead to inject false issues in order to whine at ... Bells and Tiassa ... and promote your anti-Islamic propaganda. Why did you go out of your way to be disrespectful?

Anybody can review your posting history by simply going to your profile clicking the link to see all of your posts. And when they click the "last" button, and work from your entry to the present, it is quite easy to see that you are disrespectful, dishonest, and ignorant of (or perhaps deliberately apathetic toward) history and its implications.

Recalling Marcos, you noted, "And the rot that started with him can still be felt today." Well, as you treat the history of the US in the Muslim world, what does that mean? The rot that came with the overthrow of Mossadegh is still felt today, fifty years after the fact. It has spilled across nations and infected much of the Muslim world. The rot that came with the establishment of Pakistani madrassas to train fighters for Afghanistan is still with us today. It has spilled across nations. The rot that came with the propping up of Saddam Hussein is quite obvious today, and holds nations in its thrall. The rot of one-sided, carte blanche political endorsement of terrorism and oppression in Israel/Palestine continues to shake much of the world.

I would like you to imagine the United States under a dictatorship for a moment, please. In accord with traditional tyranny, the new dictatorship begins a purge of suspect people: leftists and then libertarians; and then artists; and then college professors and the clergy; and then the clergy and scientists. Tyrants generally reduce their population to a lesser-educated working class troubled by poverty and left largely to its own. A preacher with a rifle would be a strong candidate to lead the people against the government. The most basic and fundamental identity politics--e.g. religious superstition--would have increasing sway as knowledge declined in general and was erased specifically in order to shore up weak points in the tyrannical grip. We, the allegedly noble and wonderful Americans--an image I have much faith in--would blow things up at an astounding rate. We don't riot as quickly as the French, but as the NRA reminds, the guns will come from cold dead hands, and even those who don't carry guns tend to believe that justice can be found in proactive vengeance, and it won't be long before the situation looks like the 1920s in Ireland, with people trying to walk up and take a shot reminiscent of Irish political assassinations or, as an American example, Hinckley's shot at Reagan. Right now it's recognized that it's only insane extremism putting bombs at abortion clinics and threatening doctors' lives, but in such a tempermental environment, it's worth noting that the only thing that separated me from my peers the day I built and threw a Molotov for a project on--you guessed it--terrorism° (ca. 1990) was the fact that I went and did it. Anybody can do it, and it was easier than doing what a friend wanted to do--construct and explode a "small" diesel-fertilizer bomb. We were in high school. The point being, you'd be amazed at how quickly a good people can be reduced to inhumanity. As it is, there are places in Utah where monogamists have the support of the police insofar as the cops arrest and incarcerate and expel the "competition". Religious requirements are still on the books in South Carolina.

Why did the Iranians turn to Khomeni? Because he was all they had. How did that come about? Anybody better-suited for the job was gone. Stop holding the people accountable for doing the best they know how under the circumstances. Problems in the Islamic world have stronger ties to economic and political machinations in the world than they do the faith itself. It's hard to invite a people to modernity when they are conditioned by the habit of being stomped and bitch-slapped by modernity.

Well maybe you guys are more superficial than the rest of us.

Just a simple question: Do you share with President Bush confusion about why "they" hate Americans?

What? I thought that only happens in the 3rd world!

Despite the chuckles, that's a good point. Compared to money, people in this country are worth no more to us than third-world ragamuffins we don't feel the obligation to care about. This, obviously, is not what I wish Americans to be a testament to.

Here in Canada banks only charge you that if you withdraw money using the ATMs of other banks. They call it ‘service charge’.

Ever pay $7.00 just to see a teller at your own bank? How about paying $3.00 for an ATM service fee for using one of your bank's machines?

We never got it so bad in the Seattle area, but it did back east.

Many common guys like me don’t really bother too much into those details of budget politics. Maybe when my daughter starts going to school then I’ll become more aware of city projects.

And yet you attempt to assert a persuasive argument to people who pay more attention than you do?

Have your opinion; that's not the question. But your historical assertions in support of that opinion right now are empty and depend on a presumptuous tone. Why, for instance, do I support affirmative actions and other controversial civil-rights issues? Because the argument against has never demonstrated that minorities--especially black Americans--have ever achieved proper equality in the first place. The argument against such ideas is that blacks are responsible for their own problems, nobody else bears any responsibility, and trying to help blacks only demonstrates the inferiority of dark skin. But even without the outrageous note alleging "inferiority of dark skin", the position has never been spelled out in any way that makes sense. The historical foundation just isn't there.

And that's what I think you'll find. You instructed me to read the whole history of Islam, and what I'd like to know from you is whether or not the lack of any major discussion of Muslim issues in the U.S.--aside from the Palestinians--prior to What Happened In New York in any way suggests there were no issues to discuss? Because nearly the whole time Muslims have been on this earth, they've been arguing internally as well as externally. The assertion that “Most muslims put most of the blame on others” certainly seems true if we define reality according to the headlines. But it does not necessarily stand up to historical scrutiny.

I've got a 22 year-old newspaper article sitting on my desktop in poor-resolution PDF discussing the combining of Islamic principles with tyranny. You can read the summary and pick up the article at Americans for Middle East Understanding, which publishes the newspaper The Link.

To the careful observer of Muslim countries it is quite evident that a phenomenon hardly visible in the 1960's and the early half of the 70's appears to be gaining momentum and mass approval. A growing consensus among an increasing number of intellectuals as well as the common people suggests that "the time has come to try Islam."

There is also evidence that an increasing number of national governments feel it necessary to appeal to Islamic principles to maintain legitimacy. They do this either through the adoption of Islamic apologetics to justify their policies or through the implementation of various Islamic laws.

There are numerous examples of such efforts in press reports from the 1970's and 80's. In Pakistan, Zia Ul-Haqq, upon assuming office, aligned himself with the Jamaati Islam and attempted to implement Islamic laws. Other nations, including Turkey, Egypt, Kuwait, Libya, Bangladesh, the Sudan and Indonesia introduced various Islamic laws. Syria found it necessary to explain that Baath ideology is grounded in Islam, while Ja'far al-Numeiry of the Sudan has written a book justifying Islamic government, entitled The Islamic System: Why?

The Islamic revolution in Iran more than any other event in recent history has helped focus Western public opinion, through television and the press, on the troubled conditions prevailing in various Islamic countries. The revolution has generated numerous texts, articles and programs dealing with "Islamic revolutionaries," the activities of the "militants" and the ascendancy of the "fundamentalists" in various nations. The perspectives of the scholars and newsmen reporting these phenomena have varied. Despite the millions of words describing ideological developments in the area and the socio-political conditions that inspired them, many readers as well as writers continue to perceive Islamic identity, an Islamic state or an Islamic order as the radical backward-looking fringe who have rejected the enlightenment of modernization and Westernization. Some view their religion, Islam, as intrinsically evil or, at best, obscurantist.
(Haddad)

I know the issues existed in October, 1982. I know they existed before that, as well.

And there are plenty of bad decisions in history rotting away various facets of Islamic society and culture; what I don't understand is why we should view that history as if Muslims are separate from the human race. The present tendency is to hold Muslims responsible for history in a fashion not applied to--and directly rejected by--others.

The US helped Taiwan, Japan & Europe too and they are doing extremely well today.

Taiwan - An interesting case that someday you might have some time to detail? Perhaps you might pick up the responsibility of this part of the research necessary to support your argument instead of letting other people go out, find the relevant parts for you, and show you why you're incorrect?
Japan - Which Muslims would you like the United States to nuke twice?
Europe - Given that our paradigm is a descendant of European thought, given the relatively low amount of sh@t white Europeans have historically received from the United States, I wonder if you're making a fair comparison or merely reaching for straws.

The US had been helping the Philippines since World War II and the life in those days before Marcos was most memorable to the generations of that time, my parents among them.

As O'Rourke noted on the tossing out of Marcos: it could have been worse, we could have done something to prevent that. Just like we did something about the election of a Prime Minister we didn't like in Iran.

We messed the help you gave us, tiassa

It's good to know that Marcos could have done all he did without our help. I feel better for that now that I believe it because you said so.

Tiassa, re-evaluate your views on your mother nation. Its not as bad as you think.

I actually think very highly of it. However, its problems require more urgent consideration than what ain't broke.

But its not just the arabs, but muslims of other races are also getting more trouble than usual. The Chinese muslims. The Filipino muslims. The Indian muslims. The Thailander muslims. The Indonesian Muslims. The black African muslims. Im sure all these people are not so mindless as to keep dancing on the strings of the originator of their religion, the arabs.

And? I don't see your point in context to what you responded to.

But as you mentioned “ideology” that made the west behave greedily, don’t you think there is something in the Islamic ideology that tends to lower their tolerance levels to hints & issues of mistreatment?

I always figured it was the instruction to not tolerate injustice. Now, being raised in a nation whose people like to hold up "Christian" values, I've always wondered why it is that more people would rather be Muslims.

So we might point out that the something about the Islamic ideology that rejects injustice is a well-pointed, though practically poorly-addressed, observation of the real failure of "turning the other cheek". Consider this: George W. Bush, a self-proclaimed Christian, says that God is on our side in the War on Terrorism. Did the nation follow the Christian instruction? No. Did Bush seek to follow the Christian instruction? No. He did not seek to find a way to turn the other cheek while seeking a positive solution. Rather, he struck back and intends to strike back until he perceives the cessation of aggression.

I don't fault Muslims for acknowledging the practical failure of Christian ethics, and perhaps if international socio-political and economic issues did not repeatedly squash the smart people in the Islamic world, there would be more proposals of better solutions.

Imagine that you want to test-drive a car. You and the salesman go out to start it up, but it won't start. The next day you write your review for the newspaper, and slam the manufacturer for making such a shabby car. Investigations are opened into the possibility of fraudulent advertising, the company reels and fights back, suing you for libel. At trial, your lawyer is surprised to find out that you forgot to mention the thirty-two phone messages, sixteen e-mails, and four liasons sent to beg an audience with you at your office so that the dealership could inform you that your son, in fact, was seen on security video, pouring sugar into the gas tank of several cars on the lot, including the one you attempted to test-drive, the night before. You argue that history is irrelevant, that the car should have started no matter what. The dealer, ruined, goes out of business and is forever stained as a fraud. Ten years later, your son, now a car dealer himself, lets slip in an interview that you, in fact, sent him out to put the sugar in the gas tanks. The deposed car dealer files a suit against you, and you successfully argue a statute of limitations. Two years later your son runs for political office, and when the scandal breaks that he helped you commit this fraud, it is dismissed as the rantings of a bitter fraud, and your son wins the office on a wave of voter sympathy in the face of "slander".

Now: the problem with this is that according to the American model I so detest, what you and your son have done is proper and even admirable. The deposed dealer deserves the wrath and scorn of a fraud he never perpetrated, and the perpetrators of the fraud go on to greater success and wealth.

We treat our "American Way of Life" as religiously as many fanatics treat their religions. Remember, it's not just a standard of living that we have the right to accommodate, but we also assert the right to plainly waste what could serve others just as well. In fact, our economy depends on that right to be wasteful. (For instance, oil. As concerns about future availability heat up the petrol politics, Americans are doing everything they can to waste fuel. And that waste is the way of life we defend when we construe shoddy pretexts to overthrow elected Prime Ministers or invade a country that's swimming in oil. (Did you catch the topic on the new pickup truck that's bigger than an H2? Or how about the massive SUV's that were designed with the specific knowledge that they would not fit in most urban parking garages?) Fuel economy in cars hasn't improved in the United States for twenty years, and it may have gotten worse in practice. So yes, dead Iraqi children are a price Americans are willing to pay in order to go screaming across the desert in a massive, air-conditioned gas guzzler just because we feel like it. We're willing to starve people in order to pay too much for a shirt at Nordstrom's. Our economy depends on this sort of sh@t.

In the meantime, look how respectful I'm being by telling you straight up that you're dishonest.

Go use phrases like "goon hordes" and show us how respectful they think you are when you call Allah a false God in order to praise the freaking dark ages of Western history.

Really, Dr. No, perhaps "dishonesty" equals respect in your world, and it certainly does among many Americans. As you're quite aware, I disapprove of that condition. When you have time to catch up on history, I think you might even come to be embarrassed by what you're arguing.

° Molotov for a project on ... terrorism - As a humorous side note, there might still exist, somewhere, videotape depicting me attempting to carry a fake bomb into Seattle-Tacoma International Airport. That was a lesson in education right there: our content was worth a C or maybe B-, but those two stunts won us the undisputed, curve-setting A.

• Haddad, Yvonne. "The Islamic Alternative". The Link, v.15 i.4, October, 1982. See http://www.ameu.org/summary1.asp?iid=120

tiassa said:
So do you post stuff like--

This?
How about this? ("Doofus? Troll? Unethical intent? You wish. See how I demolish muslims..." - Dr. No, 3.29.2004)
And of course there's this. ("And this thread is primarily for non-muslims. To warn them of the dangers & senselessness of the false religion called Islam.")
--in order to earn their respect?

Do you recall your entry to Sciforums? As you can see above, anyone can go look it up. Bells gave you good advice. Think about your posting history.
Like I said, I reacted arrogantly to people who attacked me as a person instead of my arguments.

The statement “I demolish muslims” was worded wrongly, what I meant was “I demolish muslim arguments”.

tiassa said:
And why are you constantly advertising that other board? I mean, from your first boasts of how you like to demolish Muslims, you've been hawking that board.
I did that 2 or 3 times out of 655 posts? Its not a constant advertisement. The first one was to show the person who attacked me that I mean business. Yesterday was to show you and bells that I don’t really hate muslims.

tiassa said:
Do you remember this topic? The one about a random, sick killing in Texas into which you couldn't resist shoving graphic, hateful propaganda? I mean, you could have chosen to actually make a point in that topic, but you chose instead to inject false issues in order to whine at ... Bells and Tiassa ... and promote your anti-Islamic propaganda. Why did you go out of your way to be disrespectful?
Because it irritates me when someone makes a propaganda out of a rare and isolated case. At that time I was still holding some grudge on you. And anger makes you do crazy things.

tiassa said:
Anybody can review your posting history by simply going to your profile clicking the link to see all of your posts. And when they click the "last" button, and work from your entry to the present, it is quite easy to see that you are disrespectful, dishonest, and ignorant of (or perhaps deliberately apathetic toward) history and its implications.
To generalize me as disrespectful you must prove that about half of my 655 posts are in a disrespectful manner. To prove that I’m dishonest you must prove that I have lied in many of my posts. So far you are unable to support your allegations of me lying in this thread. Yes I am ignorant of many areas of history, just like everybody else. But I am very knowledgeable of histories concerning the issues that I deal with.

tiassa said:
Recalling Marcos, you noted, "And the rot that started with him can still be felt today." Well, as you treat the history of the US in the Muslim world, what does that mean? The rot that came with the overthrow of Mossadegh is still felt today, fifty years after the fact. It has spilled across nations and infected much of the Muslim world. The rot that came with the establishment of Pakistani madrassas to train fighters for Afghanistan is still with us today. It has spilled across nations. The rot that came with the propping up of Saddam Hussein is quite obvious today, and holds nations in its thrall. The rot of one-sided, carte blanche political endorsement of terrorism and oppression in Israel/Palestine continues to shake much of the world.
But as I keep telling you, our rot is blamable only to Marcos and our Culture, not on the Americans who had contributed to our brief golden age from 1950-1963. Would you apply that with Muslim world as well? That the blame mostly go to the tyrant and the culture of the muslims? See you have your own issues of ignorance of History.

Lets have peace between us, tiassa. :)

Continued…

Sometimes its difficult not to behave the way someone is behaving in hostility towards you. Do we want to remain in conflict forever? I dont. I hope we learn to have a high level of tolerance towards each other. That we learn to forgive and seek a higher level of enlightenment. People change, but may we learn to change for the better. :)

tiassa said:
Why did the Iranians turn to Khomeni? Because he was all they had. How did that come about? Anybody better-suited for the job was gone. Stop holding the people accountable for doing the best they know how under the circumstances. Problems in the Islamic world have stronger ties to economic and political machinations in the world than they do the faith itself. It's hard to invite a people to modernity when they are conditioned by the habit of being stomped and bitch-slapped by modernity.
That’s true. I never did put the entire blame on religion. I only criticize the religion for its part in the problem.

tiassa said:
Just a simple question: Do you share with President Bush confusion about why "they" hate Americans?
Im not exactly sure what is his ‘confusion’ on that matter.

tiassa said:
Ever pay $7.00 just to see a teller at your own bank? How about paying $3.00 for an ATM service fee for using one of your bank's machines?

We never got it so bad in the Seattle area, but it did back east.
That’s wicked.

tiassa said:
And yet you attempt to assert a persuasive argument to people who pay more attention than you do?
This issue about budgets isn’t exactly part of my arguments.

tiassa said:
The assertion that “Most muslims put most of the blame on others” certainly seems true if we define reality according to the headlines. But it does not necessarily stand up to historical scrutiny.
When I created this thread its only to deal with present day issues. And so that statement is only for the present. Afterall in the past external intrusion in muslim societies was at a minimum, mostly only during wars. And only at the conflict fronts.

tiassa said:
I've got a 22 year-old newspaper article sitting on my desktop in poor-resolution PDF discussing the combining of Islamic principles with tyranny. You can read the summary and pick up the article at Americans for Middle East Understanding, which publishes the newspaper The Link.
10 megabytes big. I’ll have a lot to read during the weekend. :D

tiassa said:
I know the issues existed in October, 1982. I know they existed before that, as well.

And there are plenty of bad decisions in history rotting away various facets of Islamic society and culture; what I don't understand is why we should view that history as if Muslims are separate from the human race. The present tendency is to hold Muslims responsible for history in a fashion not applied to--and directly rejected by--others.
That’s what religion do. Separate people. You think that’s bad? Try it from the Islamic point of view. Its even worst. That the world is divided between the muslim world (Dar el islam) and kafir non-muslim world (Dar el Harb).

tiassa said:
Taiwan - An interesting case that someday you might have some time to detail? Perhaps you might pick up the responsibility of this part of the research necessary to support your argument instead of letting other people go out, find the relevant parts for you, and show you why you're incorrect?
Japan - Which Muslims would you like the United States to nuke twice?
Europe - Given that our paradigm is a descendant of European thought, given the relatively low amount of sh@t white Europeans have historically received from the United States, I wonder if you're making a fair comparison or merely reaching for straws.
Take Europe from the list then. I don’t think any number of nuke will tame a muslim nation. About Taiwan I just think it’s a good example of how a people made good use of the help they received from the Americans. Whats the need to go into details? Normally it’s the person who disagrees who go into the trouble of reasoning why Taiwan could not qualify as an example.

tiassa said:
As O'Rourke noted on the tossing out of Marcos: it could have been worse, we could have done something to prevent that. Just like we did something about the election of a Prime Minister we didn't like in Iran.
But you didn’t do anything to prevent that. What you did was the righteous thing, you advised Marcos to flee instead and avoid bloodshed.

tiassa said:
And? I don't see your point in context to what you responded to.
I think you were confining the problem of the muslim world to the arabs. I was just trying to remind you that muslims of other races were as well getting more trouble than other races of various beliefs combined.

tiassa said:
I always figured it was the instruction to not tolerate injustice. Now, being raised in a nation whose people like to hold up "Christian" values, I've always wondered why it is that more people would rather be Muslims.
Because of the problems and complications in the Christian doctrine, scandals in its clergy & preachers, increasing social problems & immorality, these things are turning off the members. Making many of them atheists, agnostics or for the religious they tend to try out other religions. The next most aggressive seller is Islam. It has great attractions like “recognition of the abrahamic religions”, “recognition & honor of Jesus”, “scientific miracles”, simplicity, fast growing reputation, etc. I would have chosen to be a muslim if I didn’t know better.

I really have to go now and cant be back until next week. Have a great weekend. Peace. :)

Back