Horse-fighting

Syzygys

As a mother, I am telling you
Valued Senior Member
Just when I think that I have seen it all, I read about horse-fighting!! Probably more cruel than dogfigths, because the horses wouldn't figth naturally.

Some cruel pics included:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...ews.html?in_article_id=515508&in_page_id=1811

"Though horses do not normally fight one another, these stallions had been whipped into a fighting frenzy by the presence of a young mare who was "in season" and had been staked to the ground in the middle of the muddy arena.

Overwhelmed by desire, the stallions attacked each other in a bid to defeat their sexual rivals."

That information is not accurate. Horses in the wild do indeed fight very much like this. Two stallions will battle over the right to be the leader of the pack with sole access to all the mares. (Unlike most grazers, who are herd-social, horses are pack-social like dogs.)

In fact when people insist that humans are unique in their level of violence against their own kind, horses are one of the species that's often brought up as a counterexample.

That information is not accurate. Horses in the wild do indeed fight very much like this.

I did think about that. There are 3 differences:

1. The loser allowed to run away.
2. They are not artifically frenzied to fight...
3. The mare is not harmed unnecesserily...

So....

Maybe we should let Orleander fight instead, afterall it's just what humans do isn't it ?

Maybe we should let Orleander fight instead, afterall it's just what humans do isn't it ?

Yeah good idea!!

I was just looking that the pictures again and my youngest walked in.
He said what is that horse fighting? I said yes. He said that looks painful it should be against the law......

Last edited:
I'd like to punish those people by having them fight each other to the death. Of course there'd by a large crowd cheering them on.. what more could they want.. ?
Afterwards, the wounded would be killed and barbecued.. yummy !
:bugeye:

Thousands of people turned out to watch the bloodbath, including hundreds of children. Many of the adults were drunk and spent their time gambling and jeering at the battling animals.

Good old family fun huh :bugeye: They should throw some of those ppl into the mix for some real fun!!

Yeah, its called boxing and cage fighting.
I guess growing up on a farm and seeing horses act like this, its not a big deal. Dogs and humans train to fight. Horses don't. Dogs are trained to fight to the death and are killed when they don't do well. The horses aren't.

They would do that whether people were there or not. :shrug:

Yeah, its called boxing and cage fighting.
I guess growing up on a farm and seeing horses act like this, its not a big deal. Dogs and humans train to fight. Horses don't. Dogs are trained to fight to the death and are killed when they don't do well. The horses aren't.

They would do that whether people were there or not. :shrug:

:rolleyes: right.. that's isn't even slightly comparable.
And not one animal on earth fights naturally like that.
What these people are doing is completely disrespectful and that's an understatement.

Edit: Dogs wouldn't even be here if there were no people.

Even if something like this did take place in the wild and there was nobody to witness it. That makes this spectacle OKAY? :bugeye:

Thousands of people turned out to watch the bloodbath, including hundreds of children. Many of the adults were drunk and spent their time gambling and jeering at the battling animals.

Even if something like this did take place in the wild and there was nobody to witness it. That makes this spectacle OKAY? :bugeye:

and don't forget they may eat horse meat that day.

I grew up around rodeos where there was bull riding, bronco riding, calf roping, steer wrestling, etc, where there were children, eating, smoking, drinking, etc.

And I think calling it a bloodbath sensationalizes it. But we just have a difference of opinion. I grew up seeing it. I've also seen elk and bison go at it.

Back