Honor student to be jailed for robbing McDonald's

Originally posted by spuriousmonkey
strangely enough you seem to have more crime...

how would you explain that? Do americans just excell in everything, even in things such as crime and stupidity?
We don't actually have a nation where 99.9% of the people are of the same ethnic origin like Finland. If you want to see what harsh sentences do to a nation where 99.9% of the people are of the same ethnic origin, look at Saudi Arabia. 0 crime. Much, much less than Finland.

I'm not finnish. I just live and work in finland (courtesy of the EU). I am dutch. And yes we have quite a lot of different ethnic people In the Netherlands.

And there is crime in saudi arabia. They just have a very good minister of information...just like in Iraq. And of course maybe also the US should reinstate torture, just like in Saudi arabia.

how would you explain that? Do americans just excell in everything, even in things such as crime and stupidity?

It's a liberal belief that one can judge a person by moral character and thus that punishment "works."

America and other Western nations infected with the liberal virus are discovering this is not the case.

I am dutch. And yes we have quite a lot of different ethnic people In the Netherlands.

Who commit more crime than the Dutch themselves.

I certainly hope he was removed from the honor roll for forgetting to take that headset. ;)

sympathy towards the crimminal is punnishing the victims.

Dosent Finland have the highest suicide rate out of the highest GNP nations?

Originally posted by Thaug

Exactly, nobody cares about the 16 year old clerk who gets traumatized, or the 4 year old kid standing in line for a Happy Meal who is scarred by this. All they care about is some scumbag 17 year old getting a sentence that someone less than a year older would get.

Originally posted by prozak
Irrelevant - statistically they commit more crime.

No, you are so shallow that you assume that all ethnic communities are born to raise criminals (one could call that a racist attitude). Some are actually better behaved than for instance the dutch.

Originally posted by Thaug

Dosent Finland have the highest suicide rate out of the highest GNP nations?
Originally posted by Jerrek
touche

Honestly, I fail to see what this has to do with crime? If you have ever lived in Finland you would know why there are so many suicides here, but it is certainly not crime related.

Furthermore, you must be really superficial if you think that I would care about the image any nation, and that it will antagonize me if you try to say something 'bad' about it. Who cares? Maybe that works for americans, but I have been out of my country for so long that I lost any connection I had. And image isn't everything. A country is just a place where you live.

edit: typos

Last edited:
Back