Honor student to be jailed for robbing McDonald's

Jerrek

Registered Senior Member
http://www.freep.com/news/latestnews/pm14909_20030614.htm

SAGINAW, Mich. -- A Saginaw County high school honor student is headed for prison instead of college after joining two friends in a bungled holdup of an area McDonald's restaurant.

Kasey L. Lake, 17, an Arthur Hill High School student, was sentenced Thursday to four to 20 years in prison for attempting to hold up a Bridgeport Township McDonald's.

(snip)

Lake's co-defendants have also been sentenced. Stephen A. Belvin, 19, is serving 19-30 years in prison and Jeremy M. Paulson, 18, was sentenced to three to 15 years behind bars.
That is sad. I can't possibly imagine why they would want to do something like that. They will be 30 or so when they come out, with no college education and a criminal record. They just ruined their lives.

damn 4-20 year for robbing a McD thats insane, is that normal time given, or where they punished extra hard?

maybe that sheds some light on who are some of the millions of peoples in US jails?

Just goes to show that having street smarts is just as important as having book smarts...

i do not see what someones grades have to do with anything. do the crime do the time. elitist pigs that think they are special must die. horribly! slowly!

what grades have to do with it is that this person put a lot of effort into the beginning of his life and then threw it away.

Grades are irrelevent anyway. Most people CAN get more out of a free life than a life in jail -- People most often commit crimes because they think they won't get caught, not because they don't care if they get caught. The fact that this person did well in school doesn't really matter except that most honor students don't often commit (or get caught committing) crimes. I don't think there is much question that he should serve a full punishment for the crime he committed, regardless of grades,

I wasn't saying the grades themselves mattered, just pointing out that he obviously put a lot into his schooling for nothing.

Of all the ways to illegaly make some cash, why rob a McDonald's? Did they think that a fast food cash register is where the big money is in crime?

Asguard, he deserve it completely. I view it this way, if he was involved in a theft, I would have probably have given him community service.

This is my rationale. Robbery involves facing the victims in person, threatening them, ect......That's highly criminal behavior. Theft could be a lapse of judgement, where you are stealing something thinking noone is watching you.....

There are crimes that deserve a slap on the hand and others that deserves much more.

20 years for robbing a fucking McDonalds????? WTF!!!! who the hell were in the court making the decisions??? psycho Rednecks...geez....Celeberties commit near murder and they get shit.....they just ruined their lives..

the question is WHY the hell were they robbing a McDonalds????:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Jerrek
Thats because here we don't believe in simply tapping someone on the wrist for murder.

strangely enough you seem to have more crime...

how would you explain that? Do americans just excell in everything, even in things such as crime and stupidity?

hes a MINOR

means under the LAW he is incapable of knowing what hes doing

wether thats right or wrong thats the law, children arnt as capable as adults at understanding the conicences of there actions

why its so wrong that the US makes it up as it goes along

your a minor if you steal a lolly pop and an adult if u kill someone

NO

one or the other not both

Back