Honest Question

BSFilter

Nature has no kindess/illwill
Registered Senior Member
Considering all the religions that have existed before us, all the religions that exist today, and all the religions that will be created and exist in the future...

Isnt it fairly unlikely that any random person has chose the right religion?

If there is a God, I believe that all current methods of worship are completely off base.

People almost always chose the religion that's right for them. I don't think right in an absolute sense exists.

"Right for them" may not be the same thing as Right for God.

There IS an absolute.
God's government has always been the opposite of the world's.
Instead of a top down hierarchy, Gods government is based on the greater serving the lesser.
There was not always a king or political body ruling man, that is man's idea and part of Satan's rebellion.
God's provided way was to send a prophet with supernatural signs and revelation following.
That way has not changed.
There's where you will find God's absolute.

TheVisitor said:
There IS an absolute.
Instead of a top down hierarchy, Gods government is based on the greater serving the lesser.
There was not always a king or political body ruling man, that is man's idea and part of Satan's rebellion.
God's provided way was to send a prophet with supernatural signs and revelation following.
you know how many religons have claimed to have prophets?

Find one that has both supernatural vindication, AND, is true to the Word of God that already exists.
Not just a "wise man" or preacher, but a real old testament "seer".
That is what is promised for today as the return of the son of man.
Jesus Christ the Son of Man, revealing Himself through a vessel as He did in the past, doing the things only He could do.
Thats the sign of the messiah promised for today.
The major religions have misled the people and have them looking for the wrong thing, just as they did in His first coming.

As any man is only as good as his word, the Word of God is God in Word form.
The spoken word of God is creative power.
Although the Word of God is the bible, Its sealed and remains a mystery until it is revealed by the same one that wrote it.
Thats why God sends a prophet.
It means a "mouthpiece of God"

If you don't know the bible is the Word of God, I'm not going to try and "prove" it to you.
That is something you must have shown to you personally.
As a mater of fact, God hides the revelation of this from the "wise and prudent".
And reveals it to babes such as will learn.
So...you will know when you know.
How I came to know the bible is the Word of God, is not going to "prove" it's vindication to you.
It will be an individual affair.

BSFilter said:

no, everyone follows the right religion, everyone follows the same god, everyone follows themselves.

everyone is slowly travelling towards the truth.

The word of god was written by man... Ironic?

god exists in everything, even in man. let go of your person and let god (the truth, your true self) express itself.

TheVisitor said:
If you don't know the bible is the Word of God, I'm not going to try and "prove" it to you.
That is something you must have shown to you personally.
As a mater of fact, God hides the revelation of this from the "wise and prudent".
And reveals it to babes such as will learn.
So...you will know when you know.
How I came to know the bible is the Word of God, is not going to "prove" it's vindication to you.
It will be an individual affair.
You wonder why he hides it from the wise? Becuase we arent stupid enough to actualy fall for the fairy tales. :eek: Only the weak of mind or people in need of a crutch actualy beleive the bible.

No! religion is man made stuff, to rule, to manipulate the ignorant, religion is based on the bicameral mentality. click

Godless

TheVisitor:

Find one that has both supernatural vindication, AND, is true to the Word of God that already exists.
Not just a "wise man" or preacher, but a real old testament "seer".

You mean those Old Testament "seer's" who wrote that we must kill our children if they disobey their parents. Or kill anyone who tries to preach 'false' Gods?

The Old Testament is just as barbaric as the Koran.

BSFilter said:
Considering all the religions that have existed before us, all the religions that exist today, and all the religions that will be created and exist in the future...

If there is a God, I believe that all current methods of worship are completely off base.

Ask God to show you the true religion. I did.
It is recorded in the King James Version New Testament and the parts of the Old Testament that still apply in New Testament times.

Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Matthew 7:14 Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

ghost7584 said:
Ask God to show you the true religion. I did.
It is recorded in the King James Version New Testament and the parts of the Old Testament that still apply in New Testament times.

Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Matthew 7:14 Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

hahaha. good luck with that. the king james version of the bible is an error-ridden joke. try reading the gospels in the original languages like greek and hebrew. see how well those two texts agree. then go to some museums and churches and see if you can find the earliest existing versions of the new testament gospels and see if they say anything like what they seem to say in the KJV. not to mention the fact that if the bible is the word of god then the new testament and old testment both apply equally, and you couldn't just select which parts you think are acceptable, that would seem to be god's decision.

TheVisitor said:
There IS an absolute.

i can't really think of a better example of top-down hierarchy than a world of beings lorded over by a supernatural creator who makes his creation subject to his every cruel and wrathful whim. and oh, you know what that is a description of? how god treats humanity according to your ridiculous little holy book. do you have anything remotely intelligent to say?

no, everyone follows the right religion, everyone follows the same god, everyone follows themselves.
everyone is slowly travelling towards the truth.

That is probably the best explanation for multiple religions I have heard. Obviously we are not dealing with an easily angered God, as many religions have claimed.

Back