Homosexuality: Born with sin?

M*W: I'll tell you what's not normal, and that's christianity. Christianity is an abomination against nature. Christianity discriminates against all sexual activity, even heterosexuality. Homosexuality is more normal than religion.
Okay...

What? I'm not a Christian, but I used to be one and I went to a catholic school for years (which means that I know a hell of a lot more about the history of christianity than most christians). I'm not here to convert people to Christianity, or even defend it. I’m just telling you what they believe.

Ok, sorry for the misunderstanding then.

if it's a sin. everything else is too. anything remotely selfish is sinful according to the good book

Too bad one can argue that everything, even claimed "Selfless acts", are, indeed, selfish in some way or another.

Most Christians don’t believe that being gay is a sin in and of itself. Actually committing homosexual acts is a sin.

Not exactly. Take into consideration that Jesus once said that merely thinking hatefuly thoughts about someone is, to him, just as worse as the action of murdering or beatin the shit out of them. I guess that could aply to this, making homosexual thoughts just as much a sin has gay butt sex.

Most Christians don’t believe that being gay is a sin in and of itself. Actually committing homosexual acts is a sin.

Not exactly. Take into consideration that Jesus once said that merely thinking hatefuly thoughts about someone is, to him, just as worse as the action of murdering or beatin the shit out of them. I guess that could aply to this, making homosexual thoughts just as much a sin has gay butt sex.

Not to mention that some christians also believe that we are all born with the "original sin". The logic is something along these lines; Adam and Eve sinned, therefore we are all sinners because we are their descendants.

So, there are a whole lot of sinners out there:

• People who were born into Adam & Eve's family tree
  • People who have unholy thoughts
  • People who commit unholy actions

So maybe gay people aren't really any different to the rest of us geezers.

No. It's not a sin to want to have sex with someone of the same sex, just like it's not a sin to want to have sex with someone of the opposite sex before marriage. It is only a sin if you actually do it. At least, that's the view that most christians take.

In jesus' mind you were an adulterer if you LOOKED AT A WOMAN and felt lust. Any married male or female christain who claims they are not adulterers
and any single Christian who claims they are not performing premarital sex IN JESUS' way of looking at things is a liar.

They should work on cleaning out their own eyes and leave gays alone.

With all these possibilities for hormonal influence, we have been seeing a higher incidence of homosexuality (male and female) since 1970. .

Or is it simply a higher incidence of reporting since the stigma and the danger of violence has been waning?

Further there are animals homosexuals and many animals that form homosexual pairs and even more animals that on occasion engage in homosexual acts. Homosexuality has been with us as far back as recorded history will show it. It is simply a part of life.

Behavior where one person victimizes another, that seems like a more important focus.

Or is it simply a higher incidence of reporting since the stigma and the danger of violence has been waning?

Further there are animals homosexuals and many animals that form homosexual pairs and even more animals that on occasion engage in homosexual acts. Homosexuality has been with us as far back as recorded history will show it. It is simply a part of life.

Behavior where one person victimizes another, that seems like a more important focus.
M*W: Yes, I agree that the reporting (coming out) has increased. Also, homosexuality has been around since the beginning of time. It was accepted in many cultures and elevated to a high status in Egyptian, Roman and Greek societies (maybe in other groups as well, but I've only read about these).
Studies were done back in the 50s or 60s with mice. There was a higher incidence of homosexuality with overcrowding in the lab cage.

Back