Are high mileage carborareurs real?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Hopefully???????

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
I suppose that if this is true then those types of engines might face certain types of hazards that would be one of the reasons why they are not on the market yet.
I'm no engineer so I can't opine like an expert. In the videos in post #1 of my thread all the tinkerers who managed to make it work had installed a container to put some gas where it could be vaporized. That would be dangerous in an accident. I suppose engineers could design it to make it safe somehow. Anyway, vaporizing the gasoline does increase mileage significantly. If the people at the top were altruistic human beings who cared about the health of the planet and really wanted to increase mileage to the maximum possible, I think they would give instructions to the engineers to figure out a way to inject vapor and make it safe. The people at the top seem to only think about profit and not consider the health of the planet in their decisions.

This is what diesel engines do. But they require a higher heat for pre-vaporization before injection.

Combustion in Diesel Engines - DieselNet
Abstract:
In diesel engines, fuel is injected into the engine cylinder near the end of the compression stroke. During a phase known as ignition delay, the fuel spray atomizes into small droplets, vaporizes, and mixes with air.
.....more
https://dieselnet.com/tech/diesel_combustion.php#

I have heard a water mix for extended mileage, but apparently that is damaging to the engine itself.

Water Injection Wizardry
A water injection system can improve your gas mileage 20 to 50 percent.
By the MOTHER EARTH NEWS editors
059-water-injection-01.jpg

The water injection system uses the feeder hose attached to the air filter cover to squirt water directly into the carburetor.

Back to Basics
Like most good ideas, the Goodman water injection design is an amazingly simple approach to a frighteningly complex problem. In fact, the production system is much less complicated than the prototype model. It consists only of an atomization nozzle, plus two one-way valves from squirt guns, some hose (to supply water to the "sprayer" and draw pressure from the emission system), and a one-gallon water tank.
The nozzle is screwed into the top of the air cleaner housing and sprays minute droplets of water into the carburetor throat in response to orders from the engine's stock smog-control devices.
Despite his occasional criticisms of the government's regulatory bureaucracies, Pat is graciously thankful for all the time and money they've spent developing his system's volume-control device: the smog pump. This air injection mechanism carefully monitors engine speed and load, and provides the pressure to activate the Goodman unit's water nozzle!
By restricting air pressure from the pump (either with a valve or by crimping the hose) to about 2 1/2 PSI at around 3,000 RPM (measured with a fuel-pressure gauge), the proper ratio of 5% water to 95% gasoline is assured. And at 5%—if the motor burns a gallon of gas every 45 miles, for example—the gallon of water will last about 900 miles.
........more
https://www.motherearthnews.com/green-transportation/water-injection-zmaz79sozraw#

This is what diesel engines do. But they require a higher heat for pre-vaporization before injection.

Combustion in Diesel Engines - DieselNet
Abstract:
.....more
https://dieselnet.com/tech/diesel_combustion.php#

I have heard a water mix for extended mileage, but apparently that is damaging to the engine itself.

Water Injection Wizardry
A water injection system can improve your gas mileage 20 to 50 percent.
By the MOTHER EARTH NEWS editors
059-water-injection-01.jpg

The water injection system uses the feeder hose attached to the air filter cover to squirt water directly into the carburetor.

Back to Basics
........more
https://www.motherearthnews.com/green-transportation/water-injection-zmaz79sozraw#

Thank you for this explanation!

Back