Here's a good entertainment idea

Norsefire

Salam Shalom Salom
Registered Senior Member
A sort of spinoff from my "Gladiator" thread that I made a long time ago, but instead how about this: we can get the same entertainment of watching two guys slaughter each other, except it can be criminals instead of people.

So criminals could have to fight for privelages, etc, for our entertainment!

A win win deal!

A sort of spinoff from my "Gladiator" thread that I made a long time ago, but instead how about this: we can get the same entertainment of watching two guys slaughter each other, except it can be criminals instead of people.

A win win deal!

so we would be making the criminals more violent? Why would they bother? Is the reward freedom. Do you want the very best of the killers released?

And by the way, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!! :mad: How many threads have you started where you want people dead?

Thats really morbid. And pretty durned inhumane.
True...but meh, it's criminals and I want entertainment, so who cares?
so we would be making the criminals more violent? Why would they bother? Is the reward freedom. Do you want the very best of the killers released?

It doesn't have to be a real reward; we can just lie to them. Or give them a slightly larger cell. Or, we don't even have to reward them.

Hey, it'd be entertaining

Yeah, sure, this seems like it could work. This will be fine unless you can challenge people or something, cause if you say no you're not gonna have an easy rest of your prison life.

Yeah, sure, this seems like it could work. This will be fine unless you can challenge people or something, cause if you say no you're not gonna have an easy rest of your prison life.

What do you mean?

And plus, this can benefit in more ways than one; since these guys would be criminals, it doesn't matter what we do with their bodies. We can give it to zoos to feed their animals or something, I dunno. Something useful

This and that

Norsefire said:

A win win deal!

• • •​

And plus, this can benefit in more ways than one; since these guys would be criminals, it doesn't matter what we do with their bodies. We can give it to zoos to feed their animals or something, I dunno. Something useful

So what criminals qualify?

I mean, part of this (hinted at by Betrayer0fHope) is just ridiculous. It seems like there's this uncanny coincidence between media exposure and people suddenly having brilliant ideas:

• Shortly after the X-Files episode dealing with the chupacabra, the damn thing became an internet sensation, complete with t-shirts, bumper stickers, and a bunch of jabbering morons talking like they were experts on a subject that has been around at least as long as Ufos, if not angels.

• The other day I happened to catch the Mythbusters episode on the "fake moon landing" conspiracy. It didn't go well for the conspiracy theory, of course. Yet sure enough, a topic came up within a day or two.

• A movie is coming out, and suddenly criminal gladiator sport is somehow a brilliant new idea? Ever hear of Running Man? Hell, a couple years ago I tried to write a comedy based on Half Life TFC and Unreal Tournament in which real players went prancing out of the locker room like the hopping ninnies I once watched on a TFC server. I couldn't take it seriously, though. I'll leave it to that one straight-to-video enterprise, or is Disaster Movie doing a cinema run? At any rate, yeah. Leave it for them.​

And plus, sending the people we despise to fight and kill and die for our entertainment would speak very poorly of our culture, and bode ill for our future. I mean, maybe if it was the people we adore—hey, let's cut Alex Rodriguez's heart out and eat it next time he has an o-fer—it might compel people to a greater respect for life. But history suggests that people will, instead, find reasons to despise the people they adore in order to clear their consciences of the bloodshed.

• • •​

Orleander said:

Is this mixed martial arts?

Not quite. Close, though. Try this:

Jon Fitch vs. Georges St. Pierre

Round 1
Round 2
Round 3
Round 4

Not the best recording quality—especially with the armchair commentary—but that was a good fight to finish off what was a pretty solid card. Some would say St. Pierre is the best going; it's hard to argue.

Tiassa, the idea has existed for thousands of years. Nobody cares about criminals anyway, so we might as well put them to good use. The money we collect from the entertainment can be used to donate to the poor, etc (or part of it, at least)

A win win deal!

So.. we then de sensitize the population to violence, because it becomes an everyday occurrence instead of just in the movies... and thus we become a society of violent, bloodthirsty individuals.

If I want entertainment, I'd play mind games with these prisoners, use them to find out where the mind meets the body. Which in a way is much more sadistic and satisfying than physical and (I hate to say it) Unrefined form of entertainment.

So.. we then de sensitize the population to violence, because it becomes an everyday occurrence instead of just in the movies... and thus we become a society of violent, bloodthirsty individuals.
How so? We don't participate, we just watch and laugh! We already have boxing.

If I want entertainment, I'd play mind games with these prisoners, use them to find out where the mind meets the body. Which in a way is much more sadistic and satisfying than physical and (I hate to say it) Unrefined form of entertainment.

Actually I was thinking also something like that; since some people have sadistic issues, we can sell the criminals to them so they can torture them for their own pleasure.

Actually I was thinking also something like that; since some people have sadistic issues, we can sell the criminals to them so they can torture them for their own pleasure.

I see your new-found Christian ethics are coming into play.
Forgiveness in action. :rolleyes:

Boxing has rules, It has good sportsmanship when the guy who gets beaten shakes the other dude's hand. although it's not always the case, it's still pretty common.

So. Can I torture you now ? I'll pay good money. I'd love to see your look when your totalitarian state throws you in jail, and I buy you out, only to torture you again.

Boxing has rules, It has good sportsmanship when the guy who gets beaten shakes the other dude's hand. although it's not always the case, it's still pretty common.
OK, and so....? Boxers aren't criminals.

So. Can I torture you now ? I'll pay good money. I'd love to see your look when your totalitarian state throws you in jail, and I buy you out, only to torture you again.

I'm not a criminal. I'm talking about real and violent and evil criminals.

Back