Hell?

Perfect, perfect response. That's what I was looking for, really. Without knowing it, I meant to ask what the relationship would be between the conflicting descriptions of the unsaved after death (death vs. lake of fire). Thanks.

As I understand it, the idea of Hell originated with the Zoroastrian religion, and was then "borrowed" by Christianity.

I have a link, but I can't post it yet, as my post count isn't high enough. You should be able to google it, though.

lets try to steer this away from a theological debate, and keep it on topic, ok fellas?

mod note: previous two theological posts deleted. Avatar

Last edited by a moderator:
That's all good and sound, but, as I understand, the topic for this discussion is jewish aftterlife vs the christian one (in relation to hell). Please stick to it.

Dude, I´m making a comparison between religions, I believe in Heaven and Hell.. I just interpret it differently than Christians and Jews. Isn´t this a comparison?
Heaven = Nirvana; Hell = reencarnation.

I`m comparing Christian & Jewish Hell VS Oriental concepts.

You can find hints in the Bible, although it does not say that explicitly, but reencarnation concept is surely there if you look into it.

Back