• Yes

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aghart

Registered Senior Member
Thousands of copies ( total value (£1,000000 one million)of the new Harry Potter novel have been stolen in the UK 4 days before the books official launch. Even if sold at half price it's a cool £500,000 profit. They will probobly be able to sell the lot, who say's crime dosn't pay?.

But would YOU buy a lo- cost copy if you suspected that it was stolen?.

Yes, only then to go sell it some kid for a 150% upmarking ;).

(or to their moms for that matter...)

Harry Potter is about as entertaining as having a red hot poker firmly wedged down the eye of your dick.

Originally posted by Mucker
BOLLOCKS, WHO GIVES A FUCK
Harry Potter is about as entertaining as having a red hot poker firmly wedged down the eye of your dick.

now don't hold back!!. tell me what you really think?.

By the way it now seems that the value of 'the heist' is only £70k rather than the £1million originally reported

i'd never buy a stolen copy of harry potter, i'd steal a stolen copy of harry potter see cancels each other out, ahhh consciense cleared.:)

i'd never buy a stolen copy of harry potter, i'd steal a stolen copy of harry potter see cancels each other out, ahhh consciense cleared.
PRECISELY!
Great minds think alike.

J.K Rowling and her publishers have gotten greedy. $45 for a children's book. WTF? It's bloody ridiculous. Just like computer games for kids. $100.

PFFFFFT!

J.K Rowling would have made a handsome profit if she had sold her 5th book at 50 cents. She KNOWS every living child in the world will buy her book. Why is she so greedy? She is a mother, and a millionare. Doesn't she understand what it is like to have to buy things for your kids, and not have the money? She was poor once. Now obviously the money and fame have gone to her head and wiped her memory clean.

J.K Rowling and her publishers can stick their book where the sun don't shine. I recommend any fans to just wait until the book is at your local library.

All this fame and wealth, and all she done was write a book. Big deal. Hope she goes bankrupt.

Originally posted by mountainhare
PRECISELY!
Great minds think alike.

J.K Rowling and her publishers have gotten greedy. $45 for a children's book. WTF? It's bloody ridiculous. Just like computer games for kids. $100.

PFFFFFT!

J.K Rowling would have made a handsome profit if she had sold her 5th book at 50 cents. She KNOWS every living child in the world will buy her book. Why is she so greedy? She is a mother, and a millionare. Doesn't she understand what it is like to have to buy things for your kids, and not have the money? She was poor once. Now obviously the money and fame have gone to her head and wiped her memory clean.

J.K Rowling and her publishers can stick their book where the sun don't shine. I recommend any fans to just wait until the book is at your local library.

All this fame and wealth, and all she done was write a book. Big deal. Hope she goes bankrupt.

That's very unfair, all she has done is write a book!! what exactly have you done to light the world ehh ?.

I don't know where you are buying your books from but in the UK it's impossible to get this book at the recommended retail price of £16. It is on the shelf at Tesco (the UK's largest supermarket chain) at £7, a bargin.

I don't know where you are buying your books from but in the UK it's impossible to get this book at the recommended retail price of £16. It is on the shelf at Tesco (the UK's largest supermarket chain) at £7, a bargin.
It's offical. Australia sux when it comes to buying things cheap.

That's very unfair, all she has done is write a book!! what exactly have you done to light the world ehh ?.
It's not what I've done. It's what others have done.

Everyone knows who J.K Rowling in, and praises her name.

Do you know the name of every doctor, every scientist, every volunteer who works with disabled people?

No, you don't. But I think they deserve fame and fortune more than any book-writer does.

If I had my way, the people getting the fame would be the IMPORTANT and COMPASSIONATE people of our society. Not rip off merchants.

Last edited:
dad just bought 2 of them for $20 each at kmart

thats half price i belive

pritty cheap to me

dad just bought 2 of them for $20 each at kmart
*jaw hits the ground*

Really? Do you live in Australia? Where?

I live out in the middle of nowhere. Maybe that has something to do with having such high prices...

I wouldn't buy a Harry Potter book (stolen or not). Pop culture sucks imo. Harry Potter Hardcover Box Set List Price: $85.80. Who cares? Those who make money off that list price.
evilgrin.gif

Back