• Why am I here?
• Why am I the only one here?
• Is there anybody else out there?
• Did someone create me?
• What is the meaning of Life?

God’s Problems:

• Boredom
• Loneliness

Visualize yourself as God. Wouldnt you be plaqued by those questions & problems? You know everything and can do everything except find out the answer for those.

If you are capable of thought and emotion wouldnt you be bored & lonely when there is nobody else to talk to? Wouldnt you create minor beings for your amusement? to pass time? to give meaning to your life?

Because "everything" is limited by what you sense. What if there is a more powerful being who limits what you understand & sense as "everything"? You could go around and fool around not knowing that a greater boss would come one day and judge YOU.

If god asks himself these questions, than he would be no better than we humans. He would do the same things that we do, just on a greater scale.
From what you said DoctorNO, it would seem that:
human=god

As another thought:
Is god perhaps worshipping other gods, his supposed creators or something like that. Are there perhaps more gods, living in a society like our own?

I do not know why exactly you posted this questions, but a god like that i do not have to imagine, I could look into a mirror and see what you mean.

Im not sure God has any of those issues.
Maybe my understanding is too simple for most and some may just write it off as religous dogma. However taking your line of 'Imagine you are God ...'

Ok. I am God. I am the beginning and the end. As I brood over nothingness (because I havnt made anything yet) I have full knowedge of everything. I know how wonderful it is to hold my baby for the first time. I know how wonderful it is when my little son looks up at me with wide eyes full of awe and admiration. I know what it is to love and be loved. I know that to share is good and is an intrinsic part of love.
I want to share all that is good and I want other beings to delight in all the things I delight in soooo ...

Let there be light etc.

Now, being God I look at the creature I have made in my own image and realise that I have the capacity for evil for I have knowledge of everything. If man chooses evil then my good work is undone (I'll work out a plan for that one later). But if I give man no choice then I am guilty of a greater evil.
So I give man the choice. If man chooses what is right then he will know me through my Spirit, if he chooses what is wrong then I will have to incorporate plan B, the salvation plan. The law requires a sacrifice to atone for wrong choices soo I had to search my heart to see if I am prepared to give over my own son to be used as a sacrifice. I so love the world I have created to share my Love that I back it up by promising to send my son to pay the price if all goes pear shaped.
On the 7th day. I sit back and chill cos all my work is done.

I am still sitting back and chilling.

Dreamwalker said:
If god asks himself these questions, than he would be no better than we humans. He would do the same things that we do, just on a greater scale.
From what you said DoctorNO, it would seem that:
human=god
I disagree. Even with those questions & problems he would still be the supreme being over his creation. His perfect knowledge of creation, His ultra supernatural powers, His immunity from everything we can throw at him, His immortality, those things still make him God, God over us.

But in all his wisdom he should be asking those questions. And there should be some fear on his mind.

I ask myself: If god knows everything (including every feeling, emotion just everything) why should he do anything? He knows how it all began and how it will end, no reason to do anything then. It´s just not needful to act if you know everything.

Dreamwalker said:
As another thought:
Is god perhaps worshipping other gods, his supposed creators or something like that. Are there perhaps more gods, living in a society like our own?

I do not know why exactly you posted this questions, but a god like that i do not have to imagine, I could look into a mirror and see what you mean.
According to the 3 ancient abrahamic religions, no. Each version of God believes that there is nothing above him. As far as his knowledge goes.

Dreamwalker said:
I ask myself: If god knows everything (including every feeling, emotion just everything) why should he do anything? He knows how it all began and how it will end, no reason to do anything then. It´s just not needful to act if you know everything.

It is needful to act if you want to share your glorious position with creatures to whom you will give glory and immortality to. You have to create them.

After that its not needful to act. You can just sit back and chill. Seventh day = Today!

@ DoctorNO

If he would be so perfect, he would not ask those questions since he must now the answer because he is god.
If he would ask these questions, he would be no perfect god.

@ c20H25N3o

But why does god want to do it?

Dreamwalker said:
Because he was bored and lonely. Being all by yourself for all eternity is unthinkable and unbearable. And he needed to test the limits of his power.

But when he is god he knows the limits of his power, or at least he should. If not he is very much human i think.
And it is just unthinkable for us mortals, for god nothing should be unthinkable and unbearable.

Dreamwalker said:
@ DoctorNO

If he would be so perfect, he would not ask those questions since he must now the answer because he is god.
If he would ask these questions, he would be no perfect god.

@ c20H25N3o

But why does god want to do it?

But wisdom dictates that you consider the possibility that what you see & understand are nothing but what a greater being chooses to reveal to you. He could be living in an illusion for all he knows. Thinking that he knows everything when in fact what he knows are just a fragment of reality.

@Dreamwalker

That is such a good question. I will attempt to explain ...
There came a point in my life when I wanted a child. My motives were simple. I had a lot and I wanted to give a child the opportunity to share it. I wanted to support that child and raise that child and have that child make me proud. I wanted to stand back and say 'Theres my son, look how tall he is, look how his eyes shine!'.
I wanted to see my child marry and have children of his own. I wanted to share what I had through a long line of peoples.
God is no different. God is 'Love'.

That is true, I see your point DoctorNo. If god thinks this way, he is at a dead end and he looks very human to me standing there all alone thinking about his place, his meaning and his being.

And again, why create anything? It would be pointless to create anything if it is just an illusion. Also he cannot verify if his being or creation is more than an illusion. All his knowledge and wisdom, his power and everything could just be an illusion, a way he pictures himself in his mind.

Dreamwalker said:
That is true, I see your point. If god thinks this way, he is at a dead end and he looks very human to me standing there all alone thinking about his place, his meaning and his being.

And again, why create anything? It would be pointless to create anything if it is just an illusion. Also he cannot verify if his being or creation is more than an illusion. All his knowledge and wisdom, his power and everything could just be an illusion, a way he pictures himself in his mind.

God came here as a human being. In the person of Jesus he knew what it was to be alone. He knew what it was to suffer. He knew what it was to be a sinner and be cut off from God. He knew what it was to be us. How could he have knowledge of everything if he knew not what it was to suffer in the flesh and be cut off from God.

I dont get your point about the illusion? Why would it be an illusion? :confused:

peace

c20

Back