God's morality

Well, I suppose we are NOT talking of a Nice God... some fluff and insipid God.

Oh, I know you don't worship a nice god or a good god. You worship a god of long, hard, punishment. A jealous god. A god who judges and finds you inadequate and demands atonement in blood for your lust of drunk naked Greek gay men.

We are speaking of a God that only responds to the most intense rushes of adrenaline. a God of absolute NEED. If it ISN'T REALLY IMPORTANT then why should God give a ... why should God CARE?

Obviously god doesn't.

Intense Praying SIMULATES INTENSE SUFFERING. FASTING. SELF INDUCED PAIN. That all helps.

If you want God's Help.... well, how important is it to you? Important enough to SIMULATE the WORST SUFFERING? ... to TURN ON that Human to God Channel on our MINDS..

Ah yes, god wants to feel your PAIN.

Care to field this one, one_raven?

Well, I suppose we are NOT talking of a Nice God... some fluff and insipid God.

We are speaking of a God that only responds to the most intense rushes of adrenaline. a God of absolute NEED. If it ISN'T REALLY IMPORTANT then why should God give a ... why should God CARE?

Intense Praying SIMULATES INTENSE SUFFERING. FASTING. SELF INDUCED PAIN. That all helps.

If you want God's Help.... well, how important is it to you? Important enough to SIMULATE the WORST SUFFERING? ... to TURN ON that Human to God Channel on our MINDS.

You want it to be simple.

Maybe it is NATURAL. Maybe it is BIOLOGICAL. Did you ever think of that?

Why should a god be nice or simple? It was created in the image of man.

Humans are capable of living up to the high expectations by G*d we're held to. We refuse to do so, thus we can't blame him.

No, they just tend to put you into highly suggestible and sometimes delusional states. Might as well just take hallucinogenics, faster, more reliable, and less pain.

~Raithere

All living is conditioned, the source of that conditioning and the status of that condition are the only variables here.

swarm

Originally Posted by lightgigantic
the idea is that god has a greater scope for action

So god is supposedly more moral because he kills you over and over and over and over...
only for as long as we adopt a mode of life that requires it

Anyone who "descends" to this material world is due punishment.

You don't know that.
birth, death, old age and disease have had a 100% success rate for some time now

You are just making crap up. For all you know this is the pinnacle, a reward beyond compare.
atheists feel more comfortable arguing that this is the best of all worlds since it makes the notion of god completely absurd ....

if there were no distinctions between the actions and duties of god and the actions and duties of the living entity

The actions of a living entity are real. The actions of your fantasy of god are not.
tsk tsk
more dichotomy from the atheists ...
:D

only for as long as we adopt a mode of life that requires it

Ah yes, if I torture and kill you it is only because you adopted a mode of life that requires it.

birth, death, old age and disease have had a 100% success rate for some time now

This is a dawdle compared to how bad you had it before. Don't you remember? That's why you came here. It was so much better.

Ah yes, if I torture and kill you it is only because you adopted a mode of life that requires it.
hardly
but if I commit a crime and am put in jail and face some discomfort (like I can't walk out the door anytime I want), what would you say?

This is a dawdle compared to how bad you had it before. Don't you remember? That's why you came here. It was so much better.
so the intelligence under the sway of illusion dictates, yes

Back