God is strong

Why not search for cures to known diseases instead since that has real and provable value.

We must seek God while we still have the ability to.

Why not do both? That is what I currently plan on doing.

Why is it possible that a god could exist?

Because something appeared from nothing, and that is a supernatural event.

But facts have no opinions.

Saddly, this is false. Daily, people are manipulating facts.

Cris said:
Cyperium,

Why? What’s your evidence for such an infinite series?
You are right, I don't have any evidence for that. I believe that there will allways be something underneath what we find. I guess I believe it so much because that is what I observe.

Correction: Alleged prophets and alleged holy spirit. There is no proof of either.
The person moved by the holy spirit knows.

Again – alleged holy spirit. There is no proof that anyone has ever been influenced by an alleged supernatural entity.
Again, the person moved by the holy spirit knows.

What does that mean? Either you understand something or you don’t.
You can think you understand it all, but new facts can show that you understood nothing.

But why believe anything as true until you have evidence to support the idea? Just because something appears like a good idea or that millions of others believe it in no way indicates its truth. The disciplined mind will withhold belief until there is credible evidence for a rational conclusion.
I don't believe in God because it is a good idea, or that millions of others believe in it. I've allways had a inner relation with God.

Agreed, and we should do our utmost to extend the life we have.
The Bible say that we should respect doctors. If we are meant to die, then we die.

Regardless of the Bible, I've allways had comfort in doctors (allthough I was afraid of going to hospitals when I was a child, maybe not so strange since it allways seems to be something bad when you are at hospital).

I don't think it's wrong to live a healthy life either.

I already find the concept of Jesus ridiculous as do many who view religions from the outside.
Love, compassion and suffering aren't ridiculous concepts. Should you look at the person or what he teaches? I don't know what Jesus looked like, I can't be sure of how charismatic he was, maybe people around Him really felt Gods presence? Who knows, but anyway, I wouldn't ridicule someone I haven't met (and I wouldn't ridicule anyone after meeting them either), but I guess that's just a difference of you and me.

Why? Because some ancient mythologists imagined such things in their ignorance. Why not search for cures to known diseases instead since that has real and provable value.
Please do search for them. The Bible say that God let healing plants grow from the earth and that we should respect doctors. But we should skip all other sciences and search for peace and health. Or do you think NASA will find any cure?

But I guess some wants to do medical things, while others want to explore space, and others want to seek God. And maybe some do all three? God has provable value, though. It can be a comfort in suffering when you don't have anyone else. When you HAVE to look within. Don't be so eager at throwing rocks.

One could have said the same thing about the current redundant Greek and Roman gods. One myth is as good as another – meaningless.
? Your oppinion...

Hmm yes very prophetic.

Why is it possible that a god could exist? What is your proof of such conditions?
It isn't impossible, thus is a possibility by belief.

That would be a rational conclusion so why do theists claim that God does exist despite lack of such knowledge?
Theists believe that God exists, and may sometimes claim it to show their belief. Though they see it as a belief not as a fact, at least many of them. If they see it as a fact then they are going the wrong way to my view.

Science operates on anything no matter what or where if it can be detected. Imaginary objects such as gods are naturally undetectable and hence it is no surprise that science cannot detect any gods.
Well, science can't find Him, you make your own conclusions.

And so the conclusion is, as I keep saying, that the god concept is purely an imaginative fantasy. As with any such fantasy it is not possible to prove them or disprove them, as you have just stated.
You are building your own fantasy, cause you don't know either do you?

Why yet? You speak as if such a discovery is inevitable when it isn’t.
It is, isn't it?

Compare that to any imaginary object that does not exist – what is the difference with an unknowable and invisible immaterial entity? None.
The difference is in characteristics. None is simply the wrong answer.

So we are back to basic proofs again. And what the heck is the spirit of truth and what proof do you have that such a thing exists?
I don't have any proof, but I have felt the presence of God in numerous ways. I can understand some of the descriptions that are in the Bible.

Oh no you are definitely not ready yet, but I’ll get back to you when I think you have changed.
Your idea of me depends on what questions you ask.

Your approach and attitude here and tone are far more like those of an agnostic than a theist.
What you say has to be trustworthy.

That I'm sometimes too open-minded is because I feel that people have allways a reason for belief.

But facts have no opinions. There is no fact that points to a god. The facts are simply silent on the matter. That you choose to look for an imaginary character from mythology is of course entirely up to you.
To your view it's simply a imaginary character. You don't seem to understand that nature of christianity.

Then simply withhold belief until you have a guarantee. Why be in a rush to reach a positive conclusion without good reason?
Because of the values taught, we get no other chance than this life. I want to believe something that is good for me, and has the potentiality of being the truth, I've seen alot of sin and misery, I know how deep one can fall.

Then we have absolutely no basis on which to conclude that such a thing exists then right? That is the essential atheist position.
I know.

mustafhakofi said:
"Jesus' last words on the cross were, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" hardly seem like the words of a god who planned it that way. It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure there is something wrong here.

No they where not the last words He said. the Last words He said where "it is finished!"

Matthew 27: 45-50
45 Now from the sixth hour until the ninth hour there was darkness over all the land. 46And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" that is, "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?"
47Some of those who stood there, when they heard that, said, "This Man is calling for Elijah!" 48Immediately one of them ran and took a sponge, filled it with sour wine and put it on a reed, and offered it to Him to drink.
49The rest said, "Let Him alone; let us see if Elijah will come to save Him."
50And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit.

John 19:30

So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, "It is finished!" And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Adstar said:
No they where not the last words He said. the Last words He said where "it is finished!"

Matthew 27: 45-50
45 Now from the sixth hour until the ninth hour there was darkness over all the land. 46And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" that is, "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?"
47Some of those who stood there, when they heard that, said, "This Man is calling for Elijah!" 48Immediately one of them ran and took a sponge, filled it with sour wine and put it on a reed, and offered it to Him to drink.
49The rest said, "Let Him alone; let us see if Elijah will come to save Him."
50And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit.

John 19:30

So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, "It is finished!" And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days
Thank you for your clarification.

Back