god is perfection?????????

TruthSeeker said:
It seems that you are mistaking a choice for a desire... But in any case, one can make a choice and still desire nothing. What do you mean by "meaning"!?
It seems to me you are obfuscating the problem with semantics. ;)

The question I'm posing is whether creation is a deliberate act of god. In choosing to act (using your new term) one is fulfilling some expectation. But what could a perfect being need to fulfill? If god acted deliberately, with purpose, then it was the expression of some desire or need. This belies god's perfection at least in an absolute sense.

Another option is that god simply is and does not act in any human sense. But this would seem to preclude exactly what people are desirous of in conceiving of a god.

God is both inclusive and exclusive. He permeates the universe and yet, He is also outside of the universe. Think of God as a "nothingness" in which the universe expands on...
I'm fine with that, it's what I meant. It just means that there is nothing that is not god.

Well... that's one of the reasons why it is so hard to understand this stuff...!
And why it's so much fun to think about.

Yes.... but there might be a way to get around that problem....
Any suggestions?

Which implications you have in mind?
I can only push the logic so far and I have a hard time describing my thoughts but I'll give it a go. All these infinite properties seem to suggest that god would be static. God could not act because to act is to change. But how does something that encompasses and permeates everything change? Change also implies (at least to our understanding) a temporal aspect but god would necessarily be atemporal.

Ah well, I'll let you chew on that. If I think of a better way to express it I'll post more.

~Raithere

Q25 said:
how could anything be separated from god if He is everywhere? :confused:

not doing a very good job then, is he?

Come on really! In this day and age, with all our discoveries, people still hang onto the medieval concept of "god must have made it" and "an act of god" etc.

The answer is out there AND VISIBLE!

truthseeker said:
Obviously, just because you haven't found evidence doesn't imply that there is no evidence!
but truthseeker, it makes for a good arguement, until proven otherwise.
a lot of people believe there to be no wmd in iraq, get the point.

How to spell this word "god" ?

In arabic its Allah
In Israel its Jehovah
In Iraq its WMD
In America its in every political quote
In Britian we dont care!!

Q25 said:
how could anything be separated from god if He is everywhere? :confused:
Yes! Incredible, isn't!?
Well... it is all a matter of awareness! It ties exactly to what I was saying:

"What's the point of discussing the noumenon if it cannot be understood?
I do think the "transcendental" can be understood if you decrease your awareness of the "empirical". Ok... I will use the words "tangible" and "abstract", which are more clear in my point of view. The things which are tangible are immanent things from the abstract, which is the transcendent. You use your senses to gather information from the tangible world. If you decrease your awareness of the tangible world through the "silencing" of your senses, everything that will be left is what is abstract, don't you agree? And it is that which is abstract that will lead you to experience and understand the sublime. "

If you are not aware of God, you are "separated" from Him. Even tough He is right here, you cannot "see" Him. It is very hard to be aware of God and the world at the same time. You gotta choose one and go for it. With some practice you might be able to be aware of both at the same time, but I'm not 100% sure of that....

Back