God is like atheists in foxholes

@JDawg --

I think we passed the point of usefulness around page two, or maybe three, and since then has pretty much just been mental fapping(nothing wrong with that though). I get where you're coming from though, I've pushed Wynn's buttons in an attempt to either understand her psychology or to get her to admit it many times in the passed. Especially since I found out that she used to go by another name and that I remember having good conversations with, she's really lost her touch.

To be fair, I spent quite a few posts trying to get LG to explain himself, which was an even more masturbatory exercise. It turns out that when the person you are conversing with has no integrity, you tend to go in circles.

@JDawg --

Yeah, LG tends to hit my mental "ignore button" after a few posts and then I just start skimming. I don't think that I've legitimately attempted to converse with him recently, I know that I don't remember the last time I did.

@wynn --

Red herring fallacy.

I was sitting in a Fuga, an acrobatic plane in the Israeli Air Force. An IDF commanding officer was in the pilot’s seat, ready to take me on an aerial tour of Israel’s southern region. This was my reward for having led a battalion of Air Force cadets, training them in street-fighting tactics.

We flew over the Negev and my spirit soared as the vast desert spread out below. Later, as we descended and approached the Air Force base, I noticed it was surrounded by a long, high fence, broken periodically by watchtowers. Suddenly I had a strange feeling of déjà vu. I had been here once before…

My mother was a widow and I was living in a dormitory high school in Be’er Sheva. I wanted to go home for the weekend, but we were poor and I had no money for the bus. So I decided to walk home, a distance of 15 miles. It was a hot summer day and I headed out on the road, jogging to make good time. After a bit, I took a shortcut, angling off the road into the desert. Before I knew it I had lost my way. I didn’t know the route back to the road, so I decided to push on.

It was very hot and I had run out of water. I was getting faint and all I could see was desert sand. Eventually I reached a large, fenced-in area. There was a guard tower and I shouted for help, but nobody answered. I set my sights on the next tower, a half-mile away.

I was exhausted and stricken by the heat. I crept slowly along the fence, and as I reached the next tower I collapsed. Again I cried out but no one was there. Then I saw an Air Force jet making a landing approach. He flew so close to me that I could make out the expression on his face. But he did not see me.

I dragged myself a bit further, then blacked out. When my eyes opened, it was the middle of the night. "Help!" I weakly called out. My faint echo was all that answered me. This is it, I told myself. You’re not coming out alive. I mustered my last ounce of strength and cried out the final words that a Jew says, "Shema Yisrael!"
http://www.aish.com/sp/so/The_Anti-Missionary.html

Back