God is into S&M?

GodLied

Registered Senior Member
God might be into S&M. He enjoys killing Egyptians and slaughtering people, pets, and livestock in his name. Violating his own laws sends himself to Hell where he enjoys fire, his favorite food. By sending himself to Hell, God submits to endless punishment by Satan.

Hmm, God is into S&M.

GodLied.

If God turns out to exist as Judge over mankind, will your defense be ignorance?

Jenyar

Jenyar

Stupid is as stupid does. The word "ignorance" is inadequate. Rather like the more vacuous of Seinfeld's humor, there might be a point if the joke was grounded in reality.

I mean, the capsule summary, even for what it is, isn't even correct.

For one of the faith, the question may be whether or not it is sinful to draw comfort from the stupidity of the attack.

After all, this is the day the Lord hath made.

I love Seinfeld.

Although I don't draw much comfort from the thought that GodLied might not be the only person readily swallowing such capsule ignorance...

Otherwise, point taken. Thanks, T

Fair 'nuff

I love Seinfeld.
The sad thing is that I don't think my example is actually a Seinfeld joke but a parody of a Seinfeld joke. I mean, I didn't like his show, but I remember his stand-up from the 80s and he was hilarious ("If dogs had pockets" is a great one; "Laundry party" is another; most of the early red-brick opening scenes were old material).

But there was one about why the glue didn't stick to the inside of the bottle. Cute, but there is a technical explanation; essentially, the audience laughed because it was dumb enough.

And that was the part of his comedy that always puzzled me. I could never figure out why people laughed at that sort of stuff.

Oh, well. Two cents on Seinfeld.
Although I don't draw much comfort from the thought that GodLied might not be the only person readily swallowing such capsule ignorance
Most definitely: fair 'nuff.

Just to complicate the issue a little, I will submit to you the idea that those who believe it will choose to forfeit their intellect for shallow humor.

And it's terrible rhythm, as well. If the joke is as apparent as GodLied might pretend with nonchalance, all of that erroneous and arrhythmic setup wouldn't be necessary.

But I do think that some of those who would swallow such capsule ignorance would do so intentionally and for no better reason than they like being antagonistic. The biggest thing to guard against is to make sure some disgrunteld twelve year-old doesn't think it sounds "cool". No amount of logic in the world can deal with a prepubescent attitude problem that thinks itself cool.

Just to complicate the issue a little, I will submit to you the idea that those who believe it will choose to forfeit their intellect for shallow humor.
Shall we dub it the Seinfeld syndrome?

But I do think that some of those who would swallow such capsule ignorance would do so intentionally and for no better reason than they like being antagonistic.
I guess this fits neatly under the subject you and Wes had such a nice talk about over a cup of stormy tea...

Works for me ....

Shall we dub it the Seinfeld syndrome?
Sold.
I guess this fits neatly under the subject you and Wes had such a nice talk about over a cup of stormy tea...
Well ... you know ... it happens. :cool:

Tiassa :

actually i can't find fault with Wes. You are a bit too much spinning your web on the topic before attacking the core if that is your intention. At times, it confuses what the hell you're upto.:D

As for Godlied, whenever he comes across something unacceptable to him, he immediately corelates that to God.! Oh, poor Godlied.!

Jenyar, you like to quote the Holy Bible NT. If you read the Book of Revelations, Judgement Day arises when every last Xian dies for their beliefs. Considering the distribution and number of Xians, it is impossible for earth based natural disasters to destroy all of them. Furthermore, aside from global thermonuclear warfare, Judgement Day will not happen. And, if thermonuclear warfare is not initiated by one intent on killing Xians for their beliefs; Judgement Day will not happen.

Yes Jenyar, as long as Xians are not exterminated for their beliefs, Judgement Day will not happen. So, in line with the Holy Bible, lots of Xians will wait in white robes until every last Xian dies for their beliefs.

To me, it is highly unlikely that all Xians will die for their beliefs such that no Xians exist so that Judgement Day may start.

Oh, in case you never noticed, I do not believe in God. That non-belief immunizes me from God's judgement.

GodLied.

Originally posted by Jenyar
If God turns out to exist as Judge over mankind, will your defense be ignorance?

Originally posted by GodLied
Jenyar, you like to quote the Holy Bible NT. If you read the Book of Revelations, Judgement Day arises when every last Xian dies for their beliefs. Considering the distribution and number of Xians, it is impossible for earth based natural disasters to destroy all of them. Furthermore, aside from global thermonuclear warfare, Judgement Day will not happen. And, if thermonuclear warfare is not initiated by one intent on killing Xians for their beliefs; Judgement Day will not happen.

Yes Jenyar, as long as Xians are not exterminated for their beliefs, Judgement Day will not happen. So, in line with the Holy Bible, lots of Xians will wait in white robes until every last Xian dies for their beliefs.

To me, it is highly unlikely that all Xians will die for their beliefs such that no Xians exist so that Judgement Day may start.

Oh, in case you never noticed, I do not believe in God. That non-belief immunizes me from God's judgement.

GodLied.
I'm afraid you are mistaken on both accounts.

Joel 2
31 The sun will be turned to darkness
and the moon to blood
before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD .
32 And everyone who calls
on the name of the LORD will be saved;
for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem
there will be deliverance,
as the LORD has said,
among the survivors
whom the LORD calls.

2 Peter 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare.

Zephaniah 1
18 Neither their silver nor their gold
will be able to save them
on the day of the LORD's wrath.
In the fire of his jealousy
the whole world will be consumed,
for he will make a sudden end
of all who live in the earth."

Luke 21
35For it will come upon all those who live on the face of the whole earth. 36Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man."

The whole world will be judged - some people will be alive, some will be dead. Some will be believers, and others won't be. There is no "condition" that can help predict it. To be immune from judgment you will have to be immune from death. Why would Jesus tell them to pray that they will survive, if their death was a condition for God's judgement? The 144 000 in white robes are symbolic of those who have survived the period of tribulation.

In any case, everybody who had died will be resurrected for judgement.

PS. It's interesting that you said "aside from global thermonuclear warfare". Have you examined the events described by the seven trumpets? It's a possibility, at least.

Jenyar, address the question

Describing Judgement Day does not answer the question: When will Judgement Day happen?

Joel 2:31-32, according to your quote, suggests what happens on Judgement Day. That does not give an answer to when Judgement Day will occur. In addition, your other quotes do not address the question: When will Judgement Day happen?

You claim in one sentence that everyone will be judged and then you say people may become immune from judgement by being immortal. That contradiction is clear. Do you know that you cannot keep to one stance?

Well, to help you out, Revelations 6:10 asks the question: When will Judgement Day happen? That question is answered in Revelations 6:11: Judgement Day begins when all Xians die as they have died. Because guns did not exist back then, guns and other modern weapons cannot be used to exterminate Xians to initiate Judgement Day. Guns, missiles, tanks, metal boats, planes, bombs, modern metals, and so on cannot be used to exterminate Xians to start Judgement Day. That inherent difficulty coupled with the distribution and population of Xians shows there is no likely way Judgement Day will ever materialize.

Oh, your not correcting me in regard to thermonuclear war as a possible means to initiate Judgement Day shows you did not read Revelations 6:11. If you did read it you would have known modern weapons cannot be used in exterminating Xians to initialize Judgement Day. Judgement Day must be initialized with archaic technology only.

Judgement Day is mostly unprobable. I predict it is so impossible that it will never happen.

GodLied.

Joel 2

2 Peter 3:10

Zephaniah 1

Luke 21

The whole world will be judged - some people will be alive, some will be dead. Some will be believers, and others won't be. There is no "condition" that can help predict it. To be immune from judgment you will have to be immune from death. Why would Jesus tell them to pray that they will survive, if their death was a condition for God's judgement? The 144 000 in white robes are symbolic of those who have survived the period of tribulation.

In any case, everybody who had died will be resurrected for judgement.

....[/B]

Re: Jenyar, address the question

Originally posted by GodLied
Describing Judgement Day does not answer the question: When will Judgement Day happen?

Joel 2:31-32, according to your quote, suggests what happens on Judgement Day. That does not give an answer to when Judgement Day will occur. In addition, your other quotes do not address the question: When will Judgement Day happen?
Mark 13:32
"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

It will come like a thief in the night, therefore nobody knows. The only "condition" I could find was this one,

2 Thessalonians 2
Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction.

You claim in one sentence that everyone will be judged and then you say people may become immune from judgement by being immortal. That contradiction is clear. Do you know that you cannot keep to one stance?
I.e., nobody is immune to judgement from He who gives life.

I'm surprised you didn't think further than the apparent contradiction. Is this how you read the Bible as well?
Well, to help you out, Revelations 6:10 asks the question: When will Judgement Day happen? That question is answered in Revelations 6:11: Judgement Day begins when all Xians die as they have died. Because guns did not exist back then, guns and other modern weapons cannot be used to exterminate Xians to initiate Judgement Day. Guns, missiles, tanks, metal boats, planes, bombs, modern metals, and so on cannot be used to exterminate Xians to start Judgement Day. That inherent difficulty coupled with the distribution and population of Xians shows there is no likely way Judgement Day will ever materialize.
The second coming of Christ will be the event which calls the remainder (the 144 000 in white robes) to Him. That is when God will separate the sheep and the goats:

Matthew 25:32
All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.

What you think has to be physical martyrdom might only be Judgement itself, when God calls those believers who have not died yet to Him.
Oh, your not correcting me in regard to thermonuclear war as a possible means to initiate Judgement Day shows you did not read Revelations 6:11. If you did read it you would have known modern weapons cannot be used in exterminating Xians to initialize Judgement Day. Judgement Day must be initialized with archaic technology only.
It's amazing how you impose your own limits on what God can or can't do. The prophesies in the Bible aren't limited to the culture in which they were written! Did you read the rest of Revelation after chapter 6? It's hard to know the difference between the dead who were resurrected and those still living. For instance, Rev. 14: "13 Then I heard a voice from heaven say, Write: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on." This is after all the Saints are supposed to be dead, according to you.

You can't impose your own artificial conditions just as you like. These prophets probably saw things in their visions that they could only describe with difficulty. Does the following describe any "archaic technology" you are familiar with?

Rev.9
7 The locusts looked like horses prepared for battle. On their heads they wore something like crowns of gold, and their faces resembled human faces.
8 Their hair was like women's hair, and their teeth were like lions' teeth.
9 They had breastplates like breastplates of iron, and the sound of their wings was like the thundering of many horses and chariots rushing into battle.
10 They had tails and stings like scorpions, and in their tails they had power to torment people for five months.

Re: Re: Jenyar, address the question

Jenyar, I gave you the verses in Revelations regarding initializing Judgement Day. Still, you cite text that does not apply to the initialization of Judgement Day. It seems you enjoy writing off topic to fluff up your posts. Such fluff is wasted bytes.

Why do you enjoy wasting space? Is your consistent inconsistency a sign of your conversion to atheism?

According to Thessalonians 2, Hitler could have initiated Judgement Day. However, according to Revelations, Hitler put the wrong religion in concentration camps: Jews do not observe Jesus as a prophet.

Your writing is like babel. The considerations you list are not the initializing mechanism of Judgement Day. If you think they are, reread your Holy Bible to improve your reading comprehension.

Until you wake up to realize Judgement Day actions from an obviously hellashiously jealous god are not the actions required to initialize Judgement Day, we will not be able to have a rational discussion.

Have a good Day!

GodLied.

2 Thessalonians 2
Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction.

It's amazing how you impose your own limits on what God can or can't do. The prophesies in the Bible aren't limited to the culture in which they were written! Did you read the rest of Revelation after chapter 6? It's hard to know the difference between the dead who were resurrected and those still living. For instance, Rev. 14: "13 Then I heard a voice from heaven say, Write: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on." This is after all the Saints are supposed to be dead, according to you.

You can't impose your own artificial conditions just as you like. These prophets probably saw things in their visions that they could only describe with difficulty. Does the following describe any "archaic technology" you are familiar with?

Rev.9
7 The locusts looked like horses prepared for battle. On their heads they wore something like crowns of gold, and their faces resembled human faces.
8 Their hair was like women's hair, and their teeth were like lions' teeth.
9 They had breastplates like breastplates of iron, and the sound of their wings was like the thundering of many horses and chariots rushing into battle.
10 They had tails and stings like scorpions, and in their tails they had power to torment people for five months. [/B]

Then maybe you should enlighten me to the true meaning of "the Day of the Lord".

I was showing you how you are pursuing the wrong avenue if you think Judgment Day should come from the acts of men (with "archaic weapons", no less").

PS. Have you even the vaguest notion of what the "jealousy" of God means?

<body bgcolor=green>
The first dead Xians died by humans with weapons by now considered archaic. They probably had arrows, bows, crossbows, cutlery, spears, whips, ropes, carnivorous animals, acids, poisons, flammable liquids, and combustible materials. Their knowledge of explosives was probably nill.

Again, Jenyar, if you cannot comprehend Revelations' explicit explanation that Judgement Day will result from the extinction of Xians for their beliefs just as the prior Xians were killed for their beliefs; Go back to school. Diagnose your reading comprehension dysfunction.

Jenyar, the fear of God is a means to maintain control over followers. Fear is not as good as respect. You might know that; then again, you might not.

GodLied.

Then maybe you should enlighten me to the true meaning of "the Day of the Lord".

I was showing you how you are pursuing the wrong avenue if you think Judgment Day should come from the acts of men (with "archaic weapons", no less").

PS. Have you even the vaguest notion of what the "jealousy" of God means?

you know, I find it interesting how Godlied keeps taking things out of context and misreading them so easily.
Revelations 6:
(NIV version)

1I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, "Come!" 2I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.
3When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, "Come!" 4Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make men slay each other. To him was given a large sword.
5When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come!" I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. 6Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, "A quart[1] of wheat for a day's wages,[2] and three quarts of barley for a day's wages,[3] and do not damage the oil and the wine!"
7When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, "Come!" 8I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.
9When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. 10They called out in a loud voice, "How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?" 11Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and brothers who were to be killed as they had been was completed.
12I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red, 13and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as late figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind. 14The sky receded like a scroll, rolling up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.
15Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and every slave and every free man hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains. 16They called to the mountains and the rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! 17For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?"

Now, if you read either side of verse 11, you realise it refers to those Christians killed because they were effectively martyred. This has nothing whatever to do with the end times etc coming because all christians across the world are dead.

Guthrie, anyone who dies for their beliefs is by definition a martyr. All Xians are not dead.

GodLied.

Originally posted by guthrie
....Now, if you read either side of verse 11, you realise it refers to those Christians killed because they were effectively martyred. This has nothing whatever to do with the end times etc coming because all christians across the world are dead.

"Guthrie, anyone who dies for their beliefs is by definition a martyr. All Xians are not dead. "

And thats supposed to be what? circular reasoning? By your definition, armaggeddon etc could never come becasue theres a lot of christians out here who have never died for their faith. Face it, your just being stupid. What is it with making a religion out of anti-religiosity anyway?

<body title="Guthrie, wake up. Read your Holy Bible. Bashing it bashes God. Are you now an atheist?">
Guthrie, wake up.

For you, simplicity.

Judgement Day begins when all Xians are dead for their beliefs.
They have to die in the manner the first martyrs died. Martyrs are those who die for their beliefs.

Xians of various flavors exist world wide.

It is highly unlikely that any group will ever commit such an act that they will make Xians extinct world wide.

The grand improbability that all Xians may be exterminated by archaic means such as swords, daggers, arrows, rope, nails, tigers, lions, stones, horses, pigs and other ancient methods suggests that Judgement Day will never begin.

Without Judgement Day, no one will be sorted between Heaven and Hell. All souls will remain in limbo.

GodLied.

Originally posted by guthrie
"Guthrie, anyone who dies for their beliefs is by definition a martyr. All Xians are not dead. "

And thats supposed to be what? circular reasoning? By your definition, armaggeddon etc could never come becasue theres a lot of christians out here who have never died for their faith. Face it, your just being stupid. What is it with making a religion out of anti-religiosity anyway?

Back