God is in us

Godless
What made me changed my mind? Very simple really. When I was reading a collection of books called "Conversations with God" by Neale Donale Walsch, I felt myself resonate with them. I have never felt anything this strong before, not when I learnt the theory of evolution, nor any other sciences. I felt it so strong, I know it is true and I felt so much happier than ever. I didn't go through tragedies, I have a wonderful life. I trust my feelings, I trust myself. The best thing is, these books allowed (explained) science and spirituality to exist at the same time, they are the same thing, but approaching from different angles. I see things as what works and what doesn't, not what's right and what's right. We'll do anything to defend what we think is right, even death. But we are all willing to change what doesn't work. If your belief is not working to create who you want to be, change them. If they do, then just keep going. May be one day, it will nolonger work for you, change it then. That's what I did. My beliefs nolonger reflects who I am, I changed them.

Also, I don't fight for others to believe in what I believe in now. Fight is not peace, you cannot be peaceful and fight at the same time. I understand others, I was there ones.

Hevene

What ever makes you happy, that's my feelings, really I was just curious, I've been an athiest for apx22years, I've feelings too, I'm only human, I've loved, been loved, and hopefully will find some one to love again. But I'm always going to be an athiest. It is a choice you see, I rather use logic, and logic dictates contradictions about god, I'm also very fond of reason, and reason is what I see that the theists is what they are fighting. Those are my opinios.

That I fight for what you believe Hevene, is that I would stand up to any "force" like government aggressions, to defend your rights to believe in religion, because I don't believe that a government can dictate, what religion, what you should believe. That my friend is a personal choice. And that's what I meant by fighting for your rights to believe what ever it is that you choose to believe. Get it?. :eek:

Godless.

Hevene said:
I have never felt anything this strong before, not when I learnt the theory of evolution, nor any other sciences. I felt it so strong, I know it is true and I felt so much happier than ever.

That is probably because evolution and other sciences do not try to play off your emotions and entice you to accept them as absolute truth. That is also beside the fact that isn't their purpose. Their purpose is to explain the world and universe in the highest probability.

You felt it because you wanted to feel it. You felt it because, probably subconsciously, so many others do, you did it to fit in. How many of your friends believed stronger than you before reading that book?

Belief and faith is all your mind's doing. Everything supernatural and spiritual you think you feel and/or experience can be explained another, and usually more sensible, way.

I'm not saying evolution didn't happen, I still believe in evolution. I'm not religious, I'm spiritual, there is a huge difference. Actually my friends don't believe in what I believe in, they are a bunch of engineering people who believe in science (I do too). I see things as both/and instead of this-or-that, I don't see why science and spirituality can't exist together. (They are approaching the same thing from different angles). You have been telling me your beliefs and I understand them perfectly. I wouldn't because of my beliefs, deny your understandings. I stand by my beliefs, but I don't force anyone else to believe in them. I feel happier and it make sense to me to live a life that can provide me with happiness, (not through blind worshippings), and the methods for me to be happy is through applying my new understandings. It works to achieve what I wanted in life (in a faster way).

Back