God believes in capital punishment for young children

Joeman

Eviiiiiiiil Clown
Registered Senior Member
2 Kings 2:23

Elisha is Jeered

From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some youths came out of the town and jeered at him. "Go on up, you baldhead!" they said. "Go on up, you baldhead!" He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled 42 of the youths. And he went on to Mount Carmel and from there returned to Samaria.

God killed 42 young children just because they jeered at some dude.

Psalm 137:9
O Daughter of Babylon, doomed to destruction.
happy is he who repays you
for what you have done to us -
he who seizes your infants
and dashes them against the rocks.
:eek:

Please get the facts straight. Those youths, were in there late teens to early twenties, not a bunch of 7 year olds. They didn't just jeer at some dude, they mocked God and His messenger, daring him to preach to their city. That is why God killed them. It was an act of justice.

With the Psalms verse, David is pleading with God to avenge the wrong done to Israel by Babylon. Babylon was proud towards God and God served them justice.

Enigma'07 said:
Please get the facts straight. Those youths, were in there late teens to early twenties, not a bunch of 7 year olds. They didn't just jeer at some dude, they mocked God and His messenger, daring him to preach to their city. That is why God killed them. It was an act of justice.

Jeer me and I'll have you killed, then we can call that justice, too.

Still. Killing youths and infants is considered immoral by today's standard. God's moral should be absolute, not relative.

If a youth murdered 6 people, would it be immoral to give him the death sentence? I say no. God is consistent, a sin is a sin, all deserving death.

Enigma'07 said:
If a youth murdered 6 people, would it be immoral to give him the death sentence? I say no. God is consistent, a sin is a sin, all deserving death.

Youths and infants in this case don't kill nobody. Those youths just jeered at someone. What kind of primative barbarian justice is this? Killing them outright like that is not exactly forgiving either.

To God, it is all the same. God must be just. We are greatful for the times that he is merciful.

Enigma'07 said:
No, because you are not perfect as God is.
if god created him than he is perfect,
perfect god cannot create imperfection ;)
unless hes evil sob!
so what is it?
perfect creation or evil god? :p

@ Joeman, can you simply put all your topics in one post since they all have one thing in mind?

Enigma'07 said:
To God, it is all the same. God must be just. We are greatful for the times that he is merciful.

Oh man. You are killing me. Would anyone here grab babies and smash their skulls? What exactly did those babies do? Don't let me find you if you do.

The argument about administering justice just doesn't fly for me. Justice itself is a very complicated science. Those passages in the bible about genocide and mass killing just show nothing but gross ignorance.

§outh§tar said:
@ Joeman, can you simply put all your topics in one post since they all have one thing in mind?

No because all those passages cover different kinds of moral issues and should be debated seperately.

Joeman said:
No because all those passages cover different kinds of moral issues and should be debated seperately.

Morality can't be applied to God, since He is infinite. That would be a) unfair and b) impossible and c) illogical.

Joeman said:
Oh man. You are killing me. Would anyone here grab babies and smash their skulls?

I would if they were yours, simply to prevent whatever messed up gene you carry from being passed on through the generations. Man o man... you have issues.

Enigma'07 said:
same arguement dork
god still killed them did'nt he

Enigma'07 said:

but but god killed them, not for killing anyone just for jeering .

§outh§tar said:
Morality can't be applied to God, since He is infinite. That would be a) unfair and b) impossible and c) illogical.
A) unfair, why he/it preaches morality and still breaks it according to your bible
B) impossible because he "DOES'NT EXIST"
C) illogical, because you would be talking, to yourself would'nt you.

Enigma'07 said:
No, because you are not perfect as God is.

If god is perfect and superior to us would he really get so bent out of shape about some stupid peoples comments as to need to kill them? :eek: So god is morally inferior to say Martin Luther King or Mahatma Ghandi then! Very impressive deity you have there :rolleyes:

ddovala said:
I would if they were yours, simply to prevent whatever messed up gene you carry from being passed on through the generations. Man o man... you have issues.

So you are afraid of freedom of speech too, guess you are all for capitol punishment too huh.

Back